• ~*Princess*~

Question about Limited Edition Duffy and Shellie May's Bow? ^^;

I really should post here more, but I seem to just find myself lurking! ^^;

But yes, two questions--one about the limited edition ones. I am referring about the special ones that come out near the beginning of each year in Japan I've seen a few and was wondering if someone knew what all the different ones were?

As for the second question--my sister decided to dress-up my friend's Shellie May (who came to show her--I've been debating on if I should try getting one when I can go to Japan again and I can't decide from pictures) while we ran out and now we can't seem to get her ribbon back on correctly. Does anyone have any tips for setting her bow on right? No matter what, something ends up being off. :/

• Banned User

Re: Question about Limited Edition Duffy and Shellie May's Bow? ^^;

I use floral wire that they sell in craft stores, they're only about $2 for a spool, there are different thicknesses, and it's quite a lot. It really helps keep the bow's shape the way I want and isn't even visible if done right! You can also use the wire to hold up the costumes you want, and probably make them pose if you wrap it around they're legs and arms(and it won't be that visible). Hope that helps.

• ~*Princess*~

Awesome Thanks. I'll have to see if they have any around here. We had been trying to get it to stand back up (or even just stay on her head), but no matter what we did, the band would be noticeable or would make her Shellie May's head look....odd (as the band was pressing against it). Not sure how they managed to make it look so nice without an issue!

But yes, I'll definitely have to look into Floral wire <3

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for setting her bow on right? No matter what, something ends up being off. :/
    Hm...I'm not sure. My only tip is kinda obvious, so forgive me if you already tried and noticed it. Shellie May's bows really do all have a "right-side up." If it's not looking right, try taking it completely off and flipping it. Also, be sure the elastic band is smooth, not twisted anywhere. There's no trick to it really and you shouldn't need wire or extra equipment; it should fit perfectly, centered and with limited visibility of the band (but you can, of course, see it). The band should be in front of the ears and hug all the way around the base of the head in the back. Hope that helps!^^

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Hm...I'm not sure. My only tip is kinda obvious, so forgive me if you already tried and noticed it. Shellie May's bows really do all have a "right-side up." If it's not looking right, try taking it completely off and flipping it. Also, be sure the elastic band is smooth, not twisted anywhere. There's no trick to it really and you shouldn't need wire or extra equipment; it should fit perfectly, centered and with limited visibility of the band (but you can, of course, see it). The band should be in front of the ears and hug all the way around the base of the head in the back. Hope that helps!^^
    Thank you so much regardless! It was the right side--but it seems the issue was part of the band ended up getting behind one of her ears! Moving it to the front helped fix it up So she looks a lot better now. Thank you! <3

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    …But yes, two questions--one about the limited edition ones. I am referring about the special ones that come out near the beginning of each year in Japan I've seen a few and was wondering if someone knew what all the different ones were?
    As for the "Year Bear" (イヤーベア)/"Collection Doll" (コレクションドール):

2011: Gold w/ Maroon Ribbon
    2010: White w/ Light Blue Ribbon
    2009: Blue w/ Chocolate Ribbon
    2008: Pink w/ Pink Ribbon
    2007: Chocolate w/ Gold(?) Ribbon

These bears were known as "Collection Doll" until they became "Year Bear" in 2011. Click the Japanese (katakana) links above for Google image searches with each name.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 04-06-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Unintentional double post.

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Thank you so much regardless! It was the right side--but it seems the issue was part of the band ended up getting behind one of her ears! Moving it to the front helped fix it up So she looks a lot better now. Thank you! <3

Edit: And Thank you for the bear info too! They're smaller than the normal Duffy, right? The pink one is adorable. Wish I could get her. Probably super expensive and hard to find though, considering 2008 and all...
    Last edited by Wondering; 04-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.