Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Outfits

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Custom Outfits

I told her it's just for my personal use (since she's making them for me for FREE), but something similar but a little different will make these costumes even more unique, which is fine with me. I'm just anxious to see what she comes up with as the doll clothes she makes are really cute.

• ~*Princess*~

Just more reasons to add to how I wish I could sew. XD What dolls does she make clothes for?

Mainly the American Girl dolls, but she does for other sizes too. She has a shop on ebay.

I've been trying to find someone who sews, as I would pay for unique outfits for my ShellieMay (who should arrive in July).

I LOVE the outfits on Yahoo! Japan - but oh the fees. I'd pay for the outfits - they are incredible. But it's the extra fees that kill one...

I keep asking around for people who sew. Someone could make a nice little income if they are talented... I just don't happen to know people who sew. Sigh...

• Munchings & Crunchings

I also wish I could sew. Not just needle & thread, but really know how to use the machines, and different types of stitching. My friend can sew like a fiend, he was a costume designer, but he's also not at all able to do custom stuff for me because he's busy. I should ask him to teach me sometime. I have all kinds of ideas, but I can't execute them right now. I'm also a perfectionist, and knowing I couldn't produce a final product that I would be happy with at this point makes me not want to try unless I have the proper skills first.

---------- Post added 06-30-2011 at 11:16 AM ----------

I was browsing last night and stumbled on this website.

Rakuten: Duffy Disney Plush - Shopping Japanese products from Japan

This isn't quite off-topic. There are a few custom outfits on there from Japan. It looks like a storefront in Japan that has the possibility of shipping to anywhere in the world. I have no idea how reliable it is, and I can't vouch for anything. I just found it last night and looked at what was for sale. Still, it looks like it could be an option that's cheaper than Yahoo Japan, and Ebay. Plus, there are also some of the older Duffy costumes on there in case anybody missed out on some.

^I saw that site a couple months ago. I was half tempted to buy a Shellie May off there, but thought twice after hearing about the fake ones from Singapore. With DuffyPost, I know everything I get is 100% authentic TDS merch.

And... if the outfits my aunt makes for my bears turn out good, I'm going to suggest her adding stuff like that to her ebay store as I know you guys would be interested in custom outfits and she could make a little more money too. It's a win-win situation on both sides! I'll keep you posted on how those outfits turn out when I get them sometime in August. If I like them I'm going to ask her to make some custom Halloween costumes and Christmas outfits if she can squeeze them in.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^I saw that site a couple months ago. I was half tempted to buy a Shellie May off there, but thought twice after hearing about the fake ones from Singapore. With DuffyPost, I know everything I get is 100% authentic TDS merch.

And... if the outfits my aunt makes for my bears turn out good, I'm going to suggest her adding stuff like that to her ebay store as I know you guys would be interested in custom outfits and she could make a little more money too. It's a win-win situation on both sides! I'll keep you posted on how those outfits turn out when I get them sometime in August. If I like them I'm going to ask her to make some custom Halloween costumes and Christmas outfits if she can squeeze them in.
    Yeah, and DuffyPost is STILL cheaper than the Rakuten site. Plus the fact that you know you'll get an authentic Duffy or ShellieMay.

Keep us posted on your aunt's costumes. That sounds like a great idea if she will go for it. Especially if she has the patterns already done, she can just make a couple and put them up for sale. I'm sure people would buy them.

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I also wish I could sew. Not just needle & thread, but really know how to use the machines, and different types of stitching. My friend can sew like a fiend, he was a costume designer, but he's also not at all able to do custom stuff for me because he's busy. I should ask him to teach me sometime. I have all kinds of ideas, but I can't execute them right now. I'm also a perfectionist, and knowing I couldn't produce a final product that I would be happy with at this point makes me not want to try unless I have the proper skills first.

---------- Post added 06-30-2011 at 11:16 AM ----------

I was browsing last night and stumbled on this website.

Rakuten: Duffy Disney Plush - Shopping Japanese products from Japan

This isn't quite off-topic. There are a few custom outfits on there from Japan. It looks like a storefront in Japan that has the possibility of shipping to anywhere in the world. I have no idea how reliable it is, and I can't vouch for anything. I just found it last night and looked at what was for sale. Still, it looks like it could be an option that's cheaper than Yahoo Japan, and Ebay. Plus, there are also some of the older Duffy costumes on there in case anybody missed out on some.
    That is essentially how I feel on trying to make something and wanting to learn first.

I've seen that site--there's one outfit on it I REALLY want to get, but just can't afford right now.

Does anyone have the dimensions (measurements) for the different sizes of Duffy? If the 18" Duffy has similar dimensions to the Cabbage Patch Kids, some of the patterns could be altered.

Re: Custom Outfits - need measurements to make them!

OK here's the story - I have a friend (really) who has a Duffy. He loves his Duffy despite the fact that he is in his 30's. He was a former cast member and is crazy about Disney. Yah, me too...That aside...I wanted to make some custom outfits for Duffy because his owner has ALL the outfits you could possibly buy. Not only that, but if I buy a Duffy I will want to make some outfits for him too. With that said -
    I need the measurements of 17" Duffy. With Duffy seated: (copy and paste this info below to your response)

• Take a soft tape measure and make these measurements:
    • Ears: from farthest toppest edge to edge. This is for a hat. ________inches

• Shoulder to End of Paw: sleeve length. ________inches
    • Shoulder to waist/top of leg where it bends to sit. Important measurement.________inches
    • Top of leg where it bends, across to top of other leg. It might have to around his belly, but that is good. ________inches

For pants:
    • Top of leg to bottom of foot paw.________inches
    • Top of leg to bottom of leg - around the thigh measurement for pants.________inches
    • Lastly, measure from inside leg to inside leg, crotch area (sorry, it's the best I can do) - ________inches

• These measurements should be sufficient for a little jacket and pants. If you wanted a coat, then make the jacket longer. As for shoes...I'm not up for making shoes, but if you would measure on the bottom paw pad, from toe to heel________inches and then across the widest part of the foot. ________inches

Not sure what I will be making yet, but once I have the right sizes, I can cut it from paper and then make adjustments. I'm open for suggestions. And right, I can't copy anything Disney has already done as I don't like going to court either. (I'm a photographer - I know the drill) -

thanks to you who are taking these measurements for me! I appreciate it! I will send you a free pattern via email that you can print out to make your own Duffy clothes to the person who submits this info first!
    Godiva Girl

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Custom Outfits - need measurements to make them!

I'm surprised no one's answered you yet, but since I'm starting to get back into Duffy again and want to make clothes, I'll take your offer!

• Take a soft tape measure and make these measurements:
    • Ears: from farthest toppest edge to edge. This is for a hat. 8 1/2 inches

• Shoulder to End of Paw: sleeve length. 6 1/4 inches
    • Shoulder to waist/top of leg where it bends to sit. Important measurement. 5 3/4 inches
    • Top of leg where it bends, across to top of other leg. It might have to around his belly, but that is good. 8 inches
    For pants:
    • Top of leg to bottom of foot paw. 6 inches
    • Top of leg to bottom of leg - around the thigh measurement for pants. 7 inches
    • Lastly, measure from inside leg to inside leg, crotch area (sorry, it's the best I can do) - 3 inches

• These measurements should be sufficient for a little jacket and pants. If you wanted a coat, then make the jacket longer. As for shoes...I'm not up for making shoes, but if you would measure on the bottom paw pad, from toe to heel 4 inches and then across the widest part of the foot. 3 3/4 inches
    I'll PM you my email if the offer is still up in the air, hope this helps!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

anybody know if theres a pattern thats free or that i can get to make a shirt for duffy and a dress for shellie may, i am looking for something plain that doesn't have that much detail as i want to make a star trek shirt and dress for them and some pants, i saw cute boots and build a bear that they had with the star wars costumes that i could get to go with the outfits, but need to make them on my own, cause build a bear doesn't sell plain shirts of dresses? even if someone could make my star trek outfits for them i am willing to pay for them.

• Become part of MY world!

Here's what I found for you, first, some steps on how to measure and make some clothes.How to Make Teddy Bears Clothes: 10 steps - wikiHow

and after a lot of searching, here's a simple pattern for a tshirt, you can adjust if necessary. Measure you're Duffy to get a custom fit!
    Melissa's Treasures: Free Baby Shirt Pattern

hope that helps!

---------- Post added 08-14-2011 at 07:21 PM ----------

To make a simple dress like star trek, just simply make the shirt longer, and add curves to the shirt like this ) ( so it has a more feminine form. You can of course make the sleeves longer as well.

---------- Post added 08-14-2011 at 07:23 PM ----------

I was also looking through some photos of star trek clothes, and the shirts have an asymmetrical neck line, so you can also adjust the neck line to however you want it. It will take some trial and error, but the satisfaction of making it on your own is worth it!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

My aunt emailed me today to let me know I'm next on her to-do list making some outfits for Duffy & Shellie May. She said she has an order of 60 (!!) nightgowns to finish, then she can finally get to my stuff. I reminded her that she can use my mom's Duffy for approximate measurements.

Once I get the outfits, I'll be sure to take photos so you guys can see how everything turned out. I can't wait to see the results!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast