Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Custom Outfits

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Custom Outfits

Wow, that's a lot of nightgowns!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

LOL! I know, right? I really can't wait to see what my aunt can do. I told her custom Duffy/Shellie May outfits are a hot commodity in the Duffy fan community (especially in Japan) and she might have just found a new niche for her online shops if these come out good and you guys like them too (I plan on taking photos and posting).

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Did anyone see the custom "Table is Waiting" costumes for Duffy and Shellie, so kawaii!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Did anyone see the custom "Table is Waiting" costumes for Duffy and Shellie, so kawaii!!
    I might've, but I'm not sure. You should put up a picture :P

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: Custom Outfits

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    …Once I get the outfits, I'll be sure to take photos so you guys can see how everything turned out. I can't wait to see the results!
    Me, too! I'm as excited about this as an official release!

• Become part of MY world!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Is the one you're talking about? It is so cute! I really want to achieve this level of detail at some point! The custom outfits they make are amazing!

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/145328794
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I love how the Japanese fans recreate almost every single park character costume. Every special event costume that Mickey and Minnie wear usually get home made costumes for Duffy and Shellie, and the quality is impressive.

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I love how the Japanese fans recreate almost every single park character costume. Every special event costume that Mickey and Minnie wear usually get home made costumes for Duffy and Shellie, and the quality is impressive.
    Yeah--it's really awesome. That way your Duffy can always fit in I suppose :P

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I really wish I could sew, but I suck at stuff like that. I don't have the patience for it. I'm hoping I get another update from my aunt soon to see how things are going (got those 60 nightgowns finished yet?).

• ~*Princess*~

I'm pretty patient, but I just can't find anyone who will really teach me :/

• Minion

I inherited a sewing machine from my grandmother and I was all set to learn and start sewing away! But after I learned the basics and tried to sew a couple of things, I discovered that I really kind of hate it, LOL. It's very frustrating and time consuming. But now that I have the Bear, I've been thinking about maybe giving it another shot since I'd like to make custom clothes for him.

Yes, sewing can be frustrating and definitely time consuming, but I learned the basics by myself just by reading tips online and watching videos on youtube, it really is trial and error. I got me a sewing machine from my goodwill for only $25!! And it's in great condition, works perfect and is fairly modern! I'm sure theres some good deals on sewing machines, I also want to take classes at my rec center, but I don't have the time. I did try to take one when I was 17 with my mom, but they wouldn't let me stay cause it was for adults only! Anyways, now I'm in the mood for sewing! haha
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

I'm not done yet, but I thought I'd share with you guys a picture of some pants I'm making of Duffy. Well it's more of a prototype on a costume I'm making! All I did was take the pants from the sweet Duffy costume, trace the pattern on paper and examine the construction of the pant. After some analysis and some trial and error, I got these! They still need a waist band, but I'm so happy with how it's turning out! I just want to show you guys that ANYONE can do this, I don't have any previous sewing experience besides some stuff I like messing up and it's nowhere near perfect, but just starting is the first step!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

---------- Post added 08-23-2011 at 06:10 PM ----------

My next step is to try this same process on the shirt from the Sweet Duffy costume, but I'm pretty sure that one is going to be hard! Wish me luck!

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm suggesting and doing this in order to make a template for costumes I wanna make(I have a specific costume in mind, but thats another story for another time. ) I am by no means encouraging you to make clones or copies of trademarked outfits! Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Ursulalvr; 08-23-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    I'm not done yet, but I thought I'd share with you guys a picture of some pants I'm making of Duffy...I'm so happy with how it's turning out! I just want to show you guys that ANYONE can do this, I don't have any previous sewing experience besides some stuff I like messing up and it's nowhere near perfect, but just starting is the first step!...Wish me luck!...Hope this helps!
    You rock SO.FLUFFING.HARD!!! Awesome...^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

That is pretty great for teaching yourself how to sew, and reverse engineering the Duffy costumes!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast