Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Disney UniBEARsity finally earns its A+! (Shopping Trip Deadline: 4/29)

This collection is oh so very cute.

I haven't seen Shellie May in person. Does she look good in red? Would Minnie costume look good on her?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    This collection is oh so very cute.

I haven't seen Shellie May in person. Does she look good in red? Would Minnie costume look good on her?
    Yes, Shellie May looks great in red. Her fur is a soft rose color. Her Christmas costumes were bright red and they looked fabulous on her. I have also seen fan-made Minnie costumes for her. She should look pretty good dressed up like Minnie.

by two bears are you talking about duffy and shellie may or the unibersity bears, because if your talking about duffy or shellie may that shopping trip is postponed do to the be magical event being postponed as so many people wanted those outfits and only a few wanted shelliemay bears and that sounded like a wasted trip so yeah its postponed, but this is a thread for buying unibearsity stuff only, you can still get stuff here just if you want duffy or shelliemay you have to wait if those where the two bears you are talking about.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That school uniform costume is seriously CUTE, but I'm going to have to pass. Need to save my pennies for Shellie May and the "Be Magical!" wand pendants when they're finally available.

• ~*Princess*~

That is adorable. The pants seem a bit tight, but the details are just gorgeous.

Sad Re: Disney UniBEARsity finally earns its A+! (Shopping Trip Deadline: 4/29)

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    by two bears are you talking about duffy and shellie may or the unibersity bears, because if your talking about duffy or shellie may that shopping trip is postponed do to the be magical event being postponed as so many people wanted those outfits and only a few wanted shelliemay bears and that sounded like a wasted trip so yeah its postponed, but this is a thread for buying unibearsity stuff only, you can still get stuff here just if you want duffy or shelliemay you have to wait if those where the two bears you are talking about.
    I was talking about the Unibearsity bears. I'm so lost as to where to find the item numbers, prices and figuaring out my cost in American money/converting it to yen. I want both bears, and I would like the key chain set of the two of them, and 1 school outfit shown on this thread., .
    Also how do I pay DD from paypal? it says I have to pay in yen. How do I do that from my paypal account here in the United States? I only have 2 days left to make my list and get it to DD as Japan is 13 hours ahead of me....

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxmama View Post
    I was talking about the Unibearsity bears. I'm so lost as to where to find the item numbers, prices and figuaring out my cost in American money/converting it to yen. I want both bears, and I would like the key chain set of the two of them, and 1 school outfit shown on this thread., .
    Also how do I pay DD from paypal? it says I have to pay in yen. How do I do that from my paypal account here in the United States? I only have 2 days left to make my list and get it to DD as Japan is 13 hours ahead of me....
    First, an exchange site like XE.com is a great tool. You can plug in the Japanese Yen total and convert it to US dollars.

Second, here's a list of the items & prices. There are not item codes. You can send DuffyDaisuki the names of the items. If you're descriptive, it's pretty easy to figure out. So, here's an example for you.

Disney UniBEARsity bear 30cm "Mocha" (boy) - Quantity: 1 = 2,990 Yen ($36.53)
    Disney UniBEARsity bear 30cm "Pudding" (girl) - Quanity: 1 = 2,990 Yen ($36.53)
    Disney UniBEARsity school uniform - Quantity: 1 = 2,500 Yen ($30.55)
    Disney UniBEARsity plush keychain set - Quantity: 1 set = 1,290 Yen ($15.76)

Total = 9,790 Yen (this equals roughly $119.66)

Then you'll add the 25% handling/shopping fee, which is 2,442 Yen ($29.83)

Grand total = 12,232 Yen ($149.45)

Mind you, the exchange rate can fluctuate, so the US prices are based on today's rate at XE.

After he's done shopping for your items, he'll send you a total for shipping, so you'll end up sending him two Paypal payments. The first one is for the items & shopping fee, and the second is shipping.

Now, in your Paypal account, there is a drop-down menu when you are imputing the total to send him. You can choose which currency to send in, and Paypal will do a conversion right there and tell you what it will be in Yen. Also, make sure to check that the payment is a "gift", that way he doesn't get charged a fee from Paypal.

Oh, and you don't have to put the American conversions in your wish list to him, just put the total in Yen.

Also, the keychains you wanted, are they these plush ones?
    ƒL[ƒ`ƒF[ƒ“ | •i• | UniBEARsity | ƒfƒBƒYƒj[ƒVƒ‡ƒbƒsƒ“ƒO

Or were you wanting the "BearBrick" ones that are plastic LEGO-like characters?
    ƒxƒAƒuƒŠƒbƒN | •i• | UniBEARsity | ƒfƒBƒYƒj[ƒVƒ‡ƒbƒsƒ“ƒO

I hope I answered your questions and made it a little bit more clear. If you are in doubt about anything on the Japanese sites, just ask here and we'll help you make decisions and create a list.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Yes, Shellie May looks great in red. Her fur is a soft rose color. Her Christmas costumes were bright red and they looked fabulous on her. I have also seen fan-made Minnie costumes for her. She should look pretty good dressed up like Minnie.
    Oh thank you. Glad to know she looks good in red.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• ~*Princess*~

When I see exchange rates, it's when I really miss when 1 dollar was 110 yen. Stupid US dollar being sucky. >_>

I'd really like to get the school uniform, but am not sure if I can afford to right now Which makes me sad.

I also keep debating on the Backpack too, but considering my purse is a backpack, I could see that being awkward XD

• Banned User

^Actually, it has to do with Japan's yen. Since the earthquake events the cost has gone up, it's only natural. It will get back down eventually, but the economy needs to recover from the disaster. It sucks for us, but anything to help their economy!

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    ^Actually, it has to do with Japan's yen. Since the earthquake events the cost has gone up, it's only natural. It will get back down eventually, but the economy needs to recover from the disaster. It sucks for us, but anything to help their economy!
    Actually, it changed years ago (around when I first went to Japan, if not a few years before then) ^^; It's been like 1 dollar is 70 Yen-90 Yen over the last few years.
    Last edited by Wondering; 04-26-2011 at 02:45 PM.

• I can't stand you.

Waaaaaaah what are the odds of Mocha and Pudding coming to the US?

• Banned User

Really? I remembered when I ordered my last costumes from there for Sweet Duffy, it was 4300 yen, which was around $48, now that same amount is $58! So it's defiantly gone up recently. But it always goes up, I just think it's higher now because of the disaster.

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    Really? I remembered when I ordered my last costumes from there for Sweet Duffy, it was 4300 yen, which was around $48, now that same amount is $58! So it's defiantly gone up recently. But it always goes up, I just think it's higher now because of the disaster.
    Yep. It would've been only about 39 dollars if the currency rate was still 1 dollar = 110 Yen ^^; It's been going down for a good amount of time now, though, like I said, usually stays within that range (70-90) of a dollar not being 100 yen due to the dollar being worth pretty much nothing right now. Stupid depres--oh, right, recession. >_>

• Adventures with Duffy

Okay so the uniform is like what one would ware in Japan. Does anyone know would boys and girls ware the same jacket? I ask because I wonder if they will come out with a girls school uniform and that could work for Shellie.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast