Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

i just sent her an email asking if she can find me a shellie may and a affordable cost, I just basically want her right now and figured when duffy d's shopping trip comes up again I will be able to get her and duffy some outfits later, I found a guy on ebay that said he can get me one for 70 plus shipping an handling but I don't know it still sound kind of high with shipping cost and everything.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

$70 plus another $20 or more for shipping is too much for Shellie May. If you wait for DuffyD's next shopping trip (like I am, unless I happen across someone who is going to Japan soon & can bring me one back at cost), you can get her for that (or a little less) TOTAL for the most part.

I just hope they hurry up and get the 10th stuff started soon.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Me too, it's going to make getting an official bear more difficult. At least Shellie May anyway, because now that Duffy is available in the US, it's easy to buy an authentic one.

You're right, she's way bigger than she should be. The real Shellie May's head is more petite. Her ears are smaller than Duffy's too. She has more of a neck (which actually makes her head flop to one side, which I don't like, but...) Her muzzle is also smaller than Duffy's, and that nose on the fake one is wrong...it looks too "velvety". I looked at the Duffy that same seller is offering and he's super fat. His body is overstuffed and his head is bulky. His ears are also sewn wrong...the tops are too far forward on his head. So, there are little details you can check to make sure it's an official bear. Still, these knockoffs are very close. They even got the TDR price tag...

Yeah, she's so much prettier in person. Her fur is a nice rosey pink, but it looks different depending on the lighting. Her eyes are hard to convey too, they're so blue.

I think it looks real too, the proportions seem right. The price seems wrong though, LOL. That's a LOT to pay for her and that costume. You could find an Ebay seller to pick up a Shellie May and a costume, and even with a fee and shipping it should still cost you a lot less than $240. I don't get why those sellers keep the prices high over and over either. I mean how many times will Ebay let you relist without charging you? It seems like they would get the hint if the item hasn't sold for months... Some of those costumes at $119 are just crazy!

There is a seller I've been dealing with (as have a few other people here) named Miwa Tojo and her email is [email protected] Ask her if she can buy things for you. She's very nice, and tries to do whatever she can. She's busy a lot, so don't be alarmed if it takes her a while to get back to you. The other option is to wait for DuffyDaisuki's Duffypost and piggyback your order on one of his upcoming shopping trips. Right now, there is no firm date for that, because there are no new costume releases announced yet, since the 10th Anniversary was postponed.
    Haha that's funny cause I deal with her too! She is so gracious and nice! I do an exchange with her though. And it works out perfect for me cause no money is exchanged and no extra charges! It's great! I'm sure you can work put a deal with her! She is very nice!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    $70 plus another $20 or more for shipping is too much for Shellie May. If you wait for DuffyD's next shopping trip (like I am, unless I happen across someone who is going to Japan soon & can bring me one back at cost), you can get her for that (or a little less) TOTAL for the most part.

I just hope they hurry up and get the 10th stuff started soon.
    Me, too! I wanna go! I wanna see Fantasmic!! I'm sorry for the inconvenience, everyone. I will have Duffy Post up as soon as there is a new release. I have come to love playing this role in the Duffy fan community and I appreciate your patience and support.

sorry about sound impatient I dont have a job and when I do get money that racks up, I have a nasty habit of spending it on things and I was only trying to look for a shellie may now just so I don't go spending money a other stuff and not be able to afford her by the time the duffy post stuff comes around

i just found somebody who wants to give me there used shellie may, I don't think she has clothes , but its a descent price, I can't believe someone would want to give such a cute bear up, I might take them up on there offer, cause I feel bad for the bear, hopefully they will still have the story tag with her I hope cause I find that as a collectors item besides the bear its self

• ~*Princess*~

I keep debating on if I should get Shellie May or not. I essentially use my pink Disney Bear as a girl already, but I can't help and wonder... :/

i emailed that lady and she was going to just send me shelliemay bear for 85 and the other person on ebay was going to sell me her for 78 so I went with the guy on ebay, I asked the person I emailed if it was 85 with clothes and she said no only the bear, so I went with ebay, but she it nice and I said I would probably do business with her in the future if i needed clothes.

• ~*Princess*~

I just realized--maybe someone should make a topic comparing Duffy and Shellie May in detail? It could probably help prevent some of these situations in the future.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Me, too! I wanna go! I wanna see Fantasmic!! I'm sorry for the inconvenience, everyone. I will have Duffy Post up as soon as there is a new release. I have come to love playing this role in the Duffy fan community and I appreciate your patience and support.
    Oh, don't apologize, it's not your fault in any possible way. I think everybody (including you) is just excited to see what they have. It's pretty cool that you're like the "Duffy stork", bringing bundles of joy to Duffy fans who would otherwise not know how to get anything. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for TDS to start putting out Duffy merchandise again.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    I just realized--maybe someone should make a topic comparing Duffy and Shellie May in detail? It could probably help prevent some of these situations in the future.
    That's a great idea! I don't know if I can do it accurately since my camera is busted and I am using a fairly low-resolution cell phone...I can try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    is this site a fake too, just wondering because its from china and they don't have shelliemay there either but it could be imported : Wholesale Original Hot Sell 17"/43cm Duffy Bear ShellieMay,Hidden Mickey Face
    BUYER BEWARE!! This is indeed a fake... know how I know? I bought them myself...
    How crappy is that?

DuffyDaisuki was nice enough to confirm their 'fakeness' for me... so a REALLY HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU goes to them!!

I will create a new post to make absolute sure that no one else is taken by this ad.

The unfortunate part about this incident is the fact that I asked before purchasing if it was real, and they said yes, and then after the purchase, admitted it was a fake... how horrible is that!?

I am so angry..... and now, even depressed.... Just wanted a little cute piece of Japan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12