Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    113

    Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    I found a website that said shellie may and duffy have come to singapore, i don't know if its a legit site or if they ship to the usa, they are cheaper than what you find on ebay, the only danger is that they do not cover lost items if your bear gets lost in the mail, i'm hoping the duffy shopping does though, here is the website if anybody wants to take a look, also note this is not replacing the duffy post :CIRCLE LENS & DUFFY BEAR

  2. #2

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,492

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    This can't be legit.

    1. There's no Disney theme park in Singapore.
    2. Duffy doesn't look right in those photos.
    3. The tags on Duffy aren't right.

    Duffy (and Shellie May) are theme park exclusives. Shellie May is ONLY available at TDS.

  3. #3

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,012

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    I found a website that said shellie may and duffy have come to singapore, i don't know if its a legit site...CIRCLE LENS & DUFFY BEAR
    Not only do the tags not look right, that "Nice to meet you, Shellie May!" is an original image posted on MiceChat by me! This is totally bogus. There are only two ways they could be supplying Shellie May: 1) Import from TDS - not Hong Kong, but TDS - which means the mark-up should be fairly expensive, or 2) Import knockoffs produced at various factories in Asia. My guess from everything about this presentation and the price is the latter. I hate that they're using my image to hawk their bootlegs...

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    113

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    I was thinking that this site was a fake when I saw that they didn't come from japan but was unsure, thats terrible that they would use your image and not even credit you,

  5. #5

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,012

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    I was thinking that this site was a fake when I saw that they didn't come from japan but was unsure, thats terrible that they would use your image and not even credit you,
    Just for the sake of clarity and transparency, I didn't draw the artwork of Duffy and Shellie. I "stole" that from the Duffy official site, but not to make profit or advertise a business. I used it to create a translation for MiceChatters with no Japanese ability waaay back before we knew who Shellie May would turn out to be. I added the storybook look and text only, but still... It bugs me to be associated with what they're doing in any way. I'm thinking about contacting them to take it down, but I hate making a big deal about things like that...

  6. #6

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,455

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    Yeah, this is bogus. Duffy's feet don't look right either. They've done a great job of mostly recreating the bears, but there's something off. I also noticed right away that they used DuffyDaisuki's translation picture, and figured they just snagged images from online. I'll be curious to see what their knockoff Shellie May looks like...

    Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

    Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

    http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    113

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    is this site a fake too, just wondering because its from china and they don't have shelliemay there either but it could be imported : Wholesale Original Hot Sell 17"/43cm Duffy Bear ShellieMay,Hidden Mickey Face

  8. #8

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,012

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    is this site a fake too, just wondering because its from china and they don't have shelliemay there either but it could be imported : Wholesale Original Hot Sell 17"/43cm Duffy Bear ShellieMay,Hidden Mickey Face
    There are a LOT of fakes that are actually being produced by factories in China. For a while, the OLC even had a warning up on the official Duffy site. It may even still be there. I'm too sleepy to check. If I stay awake one minute longer, it's gonna be to watch Fantasmic! again, or talk about it some more!^^

  9. #9

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,455

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    is this site a fake too, just wondering because its from china and they don't have shelliemay there either but it could be imported : Wholesale Original Hot Sell 17"/43cm Duffy Bear ShellieMay,Hidden Mickey Face
    Well, it's a VERY close match, I must say! The one thing that tips me off that it's probably a fake Shellie May, is the skirt. The real skirt looks a little different. The one major detail they left out is the "Mickey Mark" on the back of the skirt. The official one has a rose colored mark on the right hand side of the back of the skirt, to match Shellie May's mark. Also, the "ties" on the sides of this skirt look like they are made of the same linen as the skirt. The official one has ties too, but they are cord, not linen. The bear itself looks SO close, it's hard to tell it's a fake.

    Oh yeah, and when you buy Shellie May at TDS, she does NOT come with the skirt...just the bow. The skirt & panties set is sold separately. So, unless somebody bought it and put it on Shellie May, she should never come dressed in the skirt.

    Here is the official TDS Duffy site with Shellie May's skirt set on it. Check it out.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ds/index3.html

    If you look closely, you can see that the waist band is different, and you can also see the cord "ties" on the sides of the skirt. The other thing, is there are subtle lines on the linen fabric, and there are no lines on the auction version. Oh, and you can also see the "Mickey Mark" on the skirt on the official site.

    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    There are a LOT of fakes that are actually being produced by factories in China. For a while, the OLC even had a warning up on the official Duffy site. It may even still be there. I'm too sleepy to check. If I stay awake one minute longer, it's gonna be to watch Fantasmic! again, or talk about it some more!^^
    I didn't know they had a warning, that's very interesting. I'm not surprised though, if something is popular enough, China will rip it off. I'm not trying to bash China either, I'm just saying that they have gotten extremely good at copying products VERY closely.
    Last edited by gurgi; 04-28-2011 at 12:19 PM.

    Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

    Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

    http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

  10. #10

    • ~*Princess*~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    227

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    I expected this to happen eventually, but I'm honestly still really sad it did :/ Hopefully people don't fall for it.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    Oh yea. That Shellie is fake for sure! I could tell right away! Shellie is more petite and doesn't have broad shoulders like the one on that site. She also has more of a neck, with her head more narrow towards the bottom! The smile on this one is more pronounced than the real one. The smile is usually lower on the muzzle. This one looks like a Drag Queen Duffy! Lol it's too bulky and manly. If you guys really want Shellie get a real one from TDS! wait patiently for DuffyD's next post, or if you can't wait try to get a personal shopper like I do, that's how I got Shellie! My shopper was even gracious enough to pick up a few so I could pick out the perfect one! She is so cute and adds some feminie flair to the Duffy fandom! She's been getting more attention from me lately, but Duffy shouldn't complain, he's getting a UniBearsity costume soon!

  12. #12

    • ~*Princess*~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    227

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    I've noticed one thing about Shellie May is she's hard to really get the details out in pictures. She seems to look different colors in every photo I see. @-@

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    113

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    [QUOTE=FI183;1056507861If you guys really want Shellie get a real one from TDS! wait patiently for DuffyD's next post, or if you can't wait try to get a personal shopper like I do, that's how I got Shellie! My shopper was even gracious enough to pick up a few so I could pick out the perfect one! She is so cute and adds some feminie flair to the Duffy fandom! She's been getting more attention from me lately, but Duffy shouldn't complain, he's getting a UniBearsity costume soon!/QUOTE]

    I wish i had a personal shopper, I have been asking people all over ebay, but I get no response from them i found one thats from a ebayer from hong kong that has it written there that says its a shellie may from tokyo disney but i'm afraid to make an offer on it afraid that its going to be a fake here is the link, the pumkin outfit on her looks pretty official to me but i don;t know :Disney Teddy Bear Mickey Bear Pumpkin Shelliemay Plush | eBay

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    That one definitely looks real, at least to me, everything matches. But 270 is WAY too much for a Shellie may and costume. I wish they wouldn't rack up the prices so much! I always see the same ebayer selling the costumes I want for the same prices, but no one ever buys them. So they just list it again over and over with the same price. You would think they would learn their lesson and lower the price just a little, but they don't, they want their full money's worth.

  15. #15

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,455

    Re: Duffy and Shellie May in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    I expected this to happen eventually, but I'm honestly still really sad it did :/ Hopefully people don't fall for it.
    Me too, it's going to make getting an official bear more difficult. At least Shellie May anyway, because now that Duffy is available in the US, it's easy to buy an authentic one.

    Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    Oh yea. That Shellie is fake for sure! I could tell right away! Shellie is more petite and doesn't have broad shoulders like the one on that site. She also has more of a neck, with her head more narrow towards the bottom! The smile on this one is more pronounced than the real one. The smile is usually lower on the muzzle. This one looks like a Drag Queen Duffy! Lol it's too bulky and manly. If you guys really want Shellie get a real one from TDS! wait patiently for DuffyD's next post, or if you can't wait try to get a personal shopper like I do, that's how I got Shellie! My shopper was even gracious enough to pick up a few so I could pick out the perfect one! She is so cute and adds some feminie flair to the Duffy fandom! She's been getting more attention from me lately, but Duffy shouldn't complain, he's getting a UniBearsity costume soon!
    You're right, she's way bigger than she should be. The real Shellie May's head is more petite. Her ears are smaller than Duffy's too. She has more of a neck (which actually makes her head flop to one side, which I don't like, but...) Her muzzle is also smaller than Duffy's, and that nose on the fake one is wrong...it looks too "velvety". I looked at the Duffy that same seller is offering and he's super fat. His body is overstuffed and his head is bulky. His ears are also sewn wrong...the tops are too far forward on his head. So, there are little details you can check to make sure it's an official bear. Still, these knockoffs are very close. They even got the TDR price tag...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    I've noticed one thing about Shellie May is she's hard to really get the details out in pictures. She seems to look different colors in every photo I see. @-@
    Yeah, she's so much prettier in person. Her fur is a nice rosey pink, but it looks different depending on the lighting. Her eyes are hard to convey too, they're so blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    That one definitely looks real, at least to me, everything matches. But 270 is WAY too much for a Shellie may and costume. I wish they wouldn't rack up the prices so much! I always see the same ebayer selling the costumes I want for the same prices, but no one ever buys them. So they just list it again over and over with the same price. You would think they would learn their lesson and lower the price just a little, but they don't, they want their full money's worth.
    I think it looks real too, the proportions seem right. The price seems wrong though, LOL. That's a LOT to pay for her and that costume. You could find an Ebay seller to pick up a Shellie May and a costume, and even with a fee and shipping it should still cost you a lot less than $240. I don't get why those sellers keep the prices high over and over either. I mean how many times will Ebay let you relist without charging you? It seems like they would get the hint if the item hasn't sold for months... Some of those costumes at $119 are just crazy!

    There is a seller I've been dealing with (as have a few other people here) named Miwa Tojo and her email is [email protected] Ask her if she can buy things for you. She's very nice, and tries to do whatever she can. She's busy a lot, so don't be alarmed if it takes her a while to get back to you. The other option is to wait for DuffyDaisuki's Duffypost and piggyback your order on one of his upcoming shopping trips. Right now, there is no firm date for that, because there are no new costume releases announced yet, since the 10th Anniversary was postponed.

    Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

    Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

    http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Limited Edition Duffy and Shellie May's Bow? ^^;
    By Wondering in forum Duffy / The Disney Bear
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM
  2. Larger size plush Duffy and Shellie May available soon.
    By gurgi in forum Duffy / The Disney Bear
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM
  3. [News] Duffy & Shellie May's new "Hello from Cape Cod" costumes
    By gurgi in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 05:02 AM
  4. Golden Week of May and French May @ Hong Kong
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 11:36 AM
  5. I just don't know anymore- and I may just give up
    By Nephythys in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 04:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •