Duffy Ursala dye job!

• ~*Princess*~

Re: Duffy Ursala dye job!

You probably should've just posted it in the other custom thread ^^; ..as depressing as the title is. But yes, people are still making them and a lot more are popping up.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Hmmm I wonder if they got the Ursula idea from the Shellie May pics posted on this site.

• ~*Princess*~

I don't think so. It doesn't seem odd for someone to use a Disney costume from Build a Bear for their Duffy so...

• Banned User

Wow, that's just....yea. She/he could have at least altered the dress to fit him more like I did. it looks too bulky.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, at least I know what a Duffy would look like if dyed purple. I was thinking of doing my own because I missed out on the original lavender Disney Bear. I'm afraid to do it though, and this ebay bear doesn't look as nice as I thought.

Also...I don't like seeing Duffy as Ursula. Shellie May is way better for that. Although before she came along, Duffy was the only option, LOL!

I have to say that at least these sellers are getting better at saying that these are custom bears, and not officially colored that way. This one states specifically that they start with a real Duffy and then customize it. That's at least honest about it.

The thing I find interesting between the Japanese and US Duffy auctions are the differences in creativity. In Japan, it's the homemade costumes that are the cottage industry. Here in the US, it appears custom dye jobs are our creative Duffy contribution. If I had to pick, I would take the costumes...

• ~*Princess*~

Gurgi, if you want to try to dye one purple, you shouldn't let some people's attempts bother you Being able to dye something successfully has a lot to do with the kind of dye you use (They could be using one that just colors the bear in a purple shade over it than actually trying to make it purple) and how well Duffy takes to dye.

There have been some really nice US costumes popping up. I think costumes could start up eventually, but I'm guessing (because of Build a Bear), people don't see the point since those fit nearly perfectly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    ...I think costumes could start up eventually, but I'm guessing (because of Build a Bear), people don't see the point since those fit nearly perfectly anyway.
    Japan has Build-A-Bear, too. But it's WAY more expensive (think double...seriously). And there are, of course, some Japan-only items which are always available for an even more limited time and slightly more expensive for noticeably higher quality...naturally.^^

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Japan has Build-A-Bear, too. But it's WAY more expensive (think double...seriously). And there are, of course, some Japan-only items which are always available for an even more limited time and slightly more expensive for noticeably higher quality...naturally.^^
    I never said it didn't I just said this was something that would effect US people over people in Japan. Like in the Doll community--there were outfit packs and each doll came with quite a bit, but people still made a lot of custom outfits.

I gotta say that I really think the person who made this one did a pretty awesome job... It's up over $50 now, so I'm actually kinda relieved that this seller (who started with NO reserve - a mark of earnest intent in my book) isn't gonna lose money.