Duffy Yahoo Japan Auctions?

Are americans able to buy outfits from the yahoo japan auctions and get them shipped to them, basically what I'm saying is if I bid on something and win will they be able to ship to the usa? beacuse they have some really great stuff on there.

• ~*Princess*~

Re: Duffy Yahoo Japan Auctions?

They would have to say they ship out of Japan... though, they usually have a very different way of paying too and don't usually use Paypal :/ Thus why people outside of Japan usually have to use a bidding service.

oh okay, cause somebody in japan had up for auction a great jack sparrow outfit that they made for duffy and an angelica outfit that they made for shelliemay and I so wanted them, but wasn't sure if I could get them or not

• Munchings & Crunchings

Most of those auctions specify that they only ship within Japan. It's extremely difficult to buy from there if you're outside the country. Either you can have a family member or friend who lives in Japan bid for your and ship it to you, or you have to use a "proxy bidding" service. They act as the middle-man between Yahoo Auctions and you. You have to give them a pretty big deposit on the item based on how much you're willing to pay. They bid on the item for you and if you win it, they have the item shipped to them, and then you have to pay additional shipping and fees to have it sent to you. So, you have to figure whatever the price you've won the auction for, it will probably double by using one of these bidding sites. However, if you really want the items, and have the money, it can work out.

I've used it for a couple things that I wanted really badly. It was pricey, but at the time, I had some extra money and felt like I could do it. Now, I would have to think twice because I don't have the budget anymore...

• AP holder 400 miles away

hey guys. back when the economy was a bit better i used to import tons of car parts from japan using YJA. here's a little write up i did to help others on the forum i was on with getting items off YJA. Keep in mind this is word for word my post over there so it mentions car parts but the principal is the same. As in u can buy anything using these sites not just cars parts. i hope this helps someone and yes as stated earlier its expensive now to get things there. i only do it if the item is suuuuper rare. the yen at the end of 08 was 115 to $1 and today it sits at 81 yen to $1 . ok heres the post.

""" We often see parts that we want so bad but it's on yahoo japan auctions and think it's impossible to get. Just the opposite! It's quite simple. There are many services out there that will place bids for you and have offices in Japan that the item can be shipped to. (Another problem is that most sellers on Yahoo Japan will NOT ship out to the states. So me spending like 2 hours making my ID on the site was a waste.lol) They will then ship directly to you once they check your item. This website explains the ins and outs of Yahoo Japan and lists a lot of the services that will place bids for you.
    Daryl's Library - Yahoo Japan auction tutorial

I have already spent the time going through all the sites and these would be the 3 that i would recommend based on that they have the lowest fees.

http://www.celga.com/index.html
    Shopping Mall Japan
    GOODY-JAPAN : Deputy Service Japan Auction and online shopping

All three have similar fees but the last one may be the best since they do not charge the remittance fee from paypal. They will pay it for you. I can also recommend www.rinkya.com as Ron (orataro) has dealt with them a few times including one time to get a part for me and everything went good, but after compairing to the other services their fees look to be a little higher.

Please read carfully before ordering from each place. All the places work off a tiered fee system. So depending on the price of the item you are buying one place may be better to order through than another. Each place is free to register on so it may be best to register on a couple of them if you plan on ordering things on a normal basis. Also these place dont just deal with car parts it's ANYTHING avaliable on Yahoo Japan.

AAAAANNNDDD heres the best part. A couple of the services listed on that site will do orders from ANY japenese website. Yes this mean that all those parts we can't find a US dealer for and just stare at all day long in a bb bible can be ordered for you. I haven't looked at those places yet to check fees so if someone else would like to contribute that would be greatly appretiated. Also maybe Ron could chime in on this all too or anyone else who has used these services. Maybe a mod would wanna make this a sticky at least for a bit since we have so many JDM'ers on here. If you have any questions fire away so i can help out with the answer. I'm still trying to learn how this all exactly works too."""""

one more thing i forgot to mention was that i made this post back in 2008. so my suggestions and what i said fee's were may have changed but this should still be a great starting point for you guys. if u have any other questions feel free to ask either on pm or this thread.