Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Journey On!

Thumbs up Re: FINALLY!!! NEW Duffy Goods at Tokyo DisneySEA!!!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    DuffyD, is the sweet Duffy book artwork have no text on the page or the text us just not covering up the artwork? Could someone take apart the book and frame the artwork and it come out nice looking?
    Hm...I don't think I'd have the heart to take apart one of these storybooks unless I had two!^^ You really cannot fully appreciate how much nostalgic charm these books have until you actually hold one in your hands. The texture of the cover and pages, the way they always feel a little cold when you first pick them up, the shape and smell...I might sound crazy, but they totally bring me right back to Sweet Pickles and Teddy Ruxpin in an instant. I think it's a major charm point that's really lacking in the US release. Uh oh...lemme get back on track...^^

If you want the artwork for display purposes, I'd suggest the Postcard Sets. Text does cover a lot of the artwork in the Duffy and Shellie May books. It doesn't in the Sweet Duffy one, though, so I guess if you really want very big artwork from the Valentine/White Day stories, you could do it, and I had never thought of that... In fact, in the Sweet Duffy book, every art page is designed to have a text-only (or decorative, non-story art) page on its reverse, meaning that actually every key visual could be removed, matted and framed at a significantly larger size than the postcards. I didn't notice this until you asked, but now that I see the design, I wonder if it's intentional? Interesting idea, Janell. You may have even inspired me to pick up an extra one, just in case.

Oops! Almost forgot my original reason for coming to post! I saw an image of the packaging of those "10 Magical Tops." Looks like that charm is double-sided, with Duffy on one side and Shellie May on the other. This actually made a significant difference in how much I wanted the item and it's not made clear on the official site, so I thought I'd share the news.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-11-2011 at 02:13 PM.

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: FINALLY!!! NEW Duffy Goods at Tokyo DisneySEA!!!^^

Thanks DuffyD. I tend to do a lot of framing. Ive framed post cards, posters, they come out great and it's a pretty cheap way to get art in your home. Otheritems I've framed are park maps, cute hotel room keys, old but well design APs, buttons, pins, anything that you want to display. Framing also make it easy to dust.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Adventures with Duffy

Are the books and postcards offered year round?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ I believe they are.

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks

I hope the 3 story books about Duffy and Shellie May are available year round. They sound adorable! I might have to get them on a future shopping trip. I have the story of the original Disney Bear at the Magic Kingdom that was sold at Disney World several years ago and that story is cute as well!

^ I believe the books ARE available year round.

• ~*Princess*~

I'll probably get the post cards on day if I ever go along with one idea I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^ I believe the books ARE available year round.
    I so hope you are right! I think I just read somewhere that those 3 books are sold out. (I'm trying to remember where I saw that.) I hope that isn't true!

• Journey On!

Was it an eBay seller's listing? Seriously, that is just ridiculous. They stock the books year-round, and in such quantities that I don't think they'd sell out even if everyone in Tokyo who didn't already have them (I guess that's only like five people...we should say everyone in Japan^^) decided to buy them all on the same day, I still don't think they'd run out. I sincerely think there's nothing to worry about here, and I am always paranoid about stuff selling out!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Was it an eBay seller's listing? Seriously, that is just ridiculous. They stock the books year-round, and in such quantities that I don't think they'd sell out even if everyone in Tokyo who didn't already have them (I guess that's only like five people...we should say everyone in Japan^^) decided to buy them all on the same day, I still don't think they'd run out. I sincerely think there's nothing to worry about here, and I am always paranoid about stuff selling out!
    I think it probably was an ebay seller's listing now that you mention it. I'm so glad to hear you say that those books are still for sale.

Leave it to an ebay seller to hype up their listing and make buyers panic.

NEW GOODS!!!

????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

They started featuring Tippy Blue!!

Also: ???????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

The bottle charm!!

AHHHHH!

Oh I love the bottle necklace!!!
    do you think they will make a sailor outfit for Shellie may? I sure hope so!!!

• Journey On!

FINALLY!!! I love all of these, but an official bottle done to scale has been a LOOONG time coming! The new White Sailor is my favorite white version yet, but I still may prefer the Cape Cod Navy costume just a bit more. That blue ascot is just so peaceful and lovely, though. And thank goodness they didn't splash his name across the hat...no offense, America, but eww... The button detail on the front is great, but I'm not sure I'll get it unless there's a pair release for Shellie. Which I kinda doubt, actually, since it's not posted with these other releases and Shellie has no role in My Friend Duffy.

WOW! They made the Tippy Blue strap just as I started to see him as the mascot of Duffy Post!!! I this! I wonder if it'll be available long-term, though... I'd like to wait and see if they've got something planned for Halloween before making another trip. Thanks for the heads-up, LilTeacup!^^

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast