Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Re: FINALLY!!! NEW Duffy Goods at Tokyo DisneySEA!!!^^

I agree with everything you said DuffyD, this really will separate the fan base which is something I don't see as a good thing. And it just sucks so much because I also feel that this is possibly the best release yet! I'm just so torn! I really really hope this just a high end line, because if it's a sign of things to come, then I will be forced to quit Authentic Duffy merch. The costumes for me are what it's all about, especially from TDS, so this will be the end for collecting for me. But it will motivate me to make custom outfits. We'll just have to see.

Oh and to the pin, look carefully, it's a bear head's profile. It's hard to tell weather it's a pin or embroidery. If it's a pin, it much be gold plated or something! Haha
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    ...Oh and to the pin, look carefully, it's a bear head's profile. It's hard to tell weather it's a pin or embroidery. If it's a pin, it much be gold plated or something! Haha
    Thanks, totally seeing it now! This makes me even more excited; that's a very classy-looking mark. I like how the profile looks in rather than out, too. I'm pretty sure it's embroidery, though, since "pin" or "badge" is not listed as an accessory.

Honestly, I have to say, too...every time I look at these I get more excited about them. I just can't help myself.^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Honestly, DuffyD, you've said it all. I can't add anything else that you haven't already. I agree with all of it. I also can't help looking at the costumes repeatedly and longingly. I will find a way to get them, somehow, but if this is the trend, I may have to bow out too. I think the main reason I'm allowing myself to buy these is to see for myself if the price really reflects the items. If not, and if they are not too far removed from the standard costumes, then that will signal "no more". There has to be a real reason for the inflated cost, not just greed, or I can't get behind that.

I'm off to stare at the costumes again...

---------- Post added 10-02-2011 at 05:32 PM ----------

LOL, yeah, I keep trying to get details from those little pictures. I sure wish they posted high-resolution images of them. I did notice one improvement though...or at least from what I can tell. The tags are all inside the clothes. That's one annoyance I have with all previous Duffy and Shellie May costumes. They put the tag on every single piece of costume. Even her hair bows have a tag (well, except her default one). It's hard to keep them out of the way if you're taking photos. The shoes have tags, the hats, the shirts, etc. Sometimes they try to hide them out of the way, but they're always there. Here, with the CCC costumes, it appears all tags are either on the inside of the garment, or possibly not there. Like Duffy's bow-tie, and Shellie's bow. The shoes actually have labels inside the sole, like a real shoe would. That, to me, is a small improvement. Certainly not worth an extra $50, but it's a start...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: FINALLY!!! NEW Duffy Goods at Tokyo DisneySEA!!!^^

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ---------- Post added 10-02-2011 at 05:32 PM ----------

LOL, yeah, I keep trying to get details from those little pictures. I sure wish they posted high-resolution images of them. I did notice one improvement though...or at least from what I can tell. The tags are all inside the clothes. That's one annoyance I have with all previous Duffy and Shellie May costumes. They put the tag on every single piece of costume. Even her hair bows have a tag (well, except her default one). It's hard to keep them out of the way if you're taking photos. The shoes have tags, the hats, the shirts, etc. Sometimes they try to hide them out of the way, but they're always there. Here, with the CCC costumes, it appears all tags are either on the inside of the garment, or possibly not there. Like Duffy's bow-tie, and Shellie's bow. The shoes actually have labels inside the sole, like a real shoe would. That, to me, is a small improvement. Certainly not worth an extra $50, but it's a start...
    Hi-res would be nice. I noticed the tags, too. Also, I feel fairly confident that those buttons will all be real metal from Duffy- or Disney-inspired original casting molds. I further expect that all the textile details like polka dots and lace on Shellie, or the plaid and embroidery on both sets - I imagine that these will all be stitched and woven, with no paint or prints. This really will be an essential element in justifying the pricing for me. I imagine, too, that the Duffy paw print mark will be sculpted or molded into the sole of these shoes, rather than painted, printed or stitched. I hope I'm right!

I actually really like that Shellie's getting leggings, too. I kinda wish the dress was a separate blouse/skirt, though, so I could swap out the skirt and pants. I think the leggings will look really cute with the jacket. This set really makes me wanna do beach photos. It must be Late Summer, right? But surely they're not planning to release another CCC set anytime soon...
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-02-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post

I think this feeling says it all. This is a biiig risk that could alienate parts of the fanbase. That said, owning costumes of the same quality level as the display items in Cape Cod Village Greeting Place will be like a dream come true. It really is a dilemma.
    Wish costumes at display??

I agree that they should have labeled this set as a special or limited edition.
    Without it, this confuse people, and the newcomers and people who are showing interest in buying Duffy and Shellie could turn off.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post

Hi-res would be nice. I noticed the tags, too. Also, I feel fairly confident that those buttons will all be real metal from Duffy- or Disney-inspired original casting molds. I further expect that all the textile details like polka dots and lace on Shellie, or the plaid and embroidery on both sets - I imagine that these will all be stitched and woven, with no paint or prints. This really will be an essential element in justifying the pricing for me. I imagine, too, that the Duffy paw print mark will be sculpted or molded into the sole of these shoes, rather than painted, printed or stitched. I hope I'm right!

I actually really like that Shellie's getting leggings, too. I kinda wish the dress was a separate blouse/skirt, though, so I could swap out the skirt and pants. I think the leggings will look really cute with the jacket. This set really makes me wanna do beach photos. It must be Late Summer, right? But surely they're not planning to release another CCC set anytime soon...
    I would also be willing to bet that the buttons are metal, or at least Duffy-inspired. It's very hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like they possibly have the "Duffy paw" on them.

Something else you hit on that I noticed is the prints. I'm betting that the tartan fabric on Duffy's tie and shoes, and Shellie May's skirt is probably wool. Well, at least I hope it is. Like an authentic plaid fabric from Pendleton or something. Also, I noticed that Shellie May's "polka dots" on her bow and skirt seem to actually be woven. If you look at the Mickey mark on her, they are actually little squares, and from the (very low) resolution, it does seem to be woven. I would also guess that you're right about the shoes having the paw print molded onto the bottom of the shoes. Also, Duffy's belt looks to be like a real belt with a metal buckle. I don't know if it's removable or not, but from appearance, it looks like a human belt in miniature.

Oh, and the little silhouette of Duffy and Shellie May on each bear's coat breast? Well, it reminds me of something else at the Duffy Village Greeting spot...look. It's from the picture you took, DuffyD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Wish costumes at display??

I agree that they should have labeled this set as a special or limited edition.
    Without it, this confuse people, and the newcomers and people who are showing interest in buying Duffy and Shellie could turn off.
    There is a display case inside Duffy's Village Greeting Place in Cape Cod. It has four costumes that are home-made, and look like turn-of-the-century clothes. The designs are cute, and the workmanship is amazing. Here are photos of them, thanks to DuffyD's efforts.

• Adventures with Duffy

gurgi, thanks for the photos. Are those displays always up or was that a seasonal thing?

I think if part of the outfit is wool, then it could be a fall outfit. Although it reminds me of a late summer outfit, like DuffyD had said. Im guessing it gets cold in the fall in Japan, so Duffy would need to dress warmer, but how warm, Im not sure. So they could think the pants/leggings are warmer, the jacket/sweater is warmer. So I have been wondering okay so when/what will the next release be. But then again I do that with every release. lol It will be interesting to see where they take this line and how well it will do at the price point. I am really looking forward to seeing how this line sells at that price. Im guessing it will do well.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Munchings & Crunchings

That display case is there all the time. It's part of Duffy's Village Greeting place. I guess they could switch things out occasionally, but I'll bet these will be in there for a while. DuffyD took all the photos, so he deserves all the credit for them.

I agree that the new Cannery Clothing Company costumes do look like late summer outfits. It's colder in the fall, so they would need something a bit warmer, and the short-pants just wouldn't do. I do hope they won't release another one this year though, as these are expensive enough already.

I think the new CCC costumes are adorable, but the price gives me pause too. The jump in price is outrageous if this is how regular costumes will be priced going forward. I can stomach it as a Limited Edition item, but not if all future releases will be at this price point. I can't imagine that being the case though.

With that said, I would love to see a CCC fall/winter set that is similar to the peacoats, hats, and scarves released last year(?) made of real wool. Maybe even a tiny rabbit fur muff for Shellie? That would be worth $100 to me.

• Lemony Goodness

Madoka, I couldn't agree more. I LOVED the peacoats from last year (they are my favorite outfits). I really want something classic like that again, especially the boots that look similar to Uggs that DD has.

Wow thanks for the info and pics!! they look lovely

I have seen clothes like that in old style costumized bears, the details are incredible , my fav its the one wit glasses.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I just hope they limit how many people can buy so they are not all bought up the first day. I will be there 10 days after the release.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• ~*Princess*~

To be honest, even if it was one per customer, I wouldn't be surprised to see them gone if not that many people are protesting.

• You have much to learn...

I agree- the clothes and costume prices are getting out of hand lately. I wanted to get Shellie a Halloween costume from TDS this year, but at 4800 yen and the fact that all I really like about it is the witch hat and cape ( I really don't care about the rest of the outfit), makes it a bit expensive for the two pieces I would actually use from it.

I thought they were expensive a few years ago- now they are 1000 yen more.

I haven't been too crazy about some of the outfits lately- I know I shouldn't be saying this on these threads- but it's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Christmas outfits will look like- I hope they are reasonably priced.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    …I haven't been too crazy about some of the outfits lately- I know I shouldn't be saying this on these threads- but it's just my opinion…
    All opinions are welcome on the Duffy boards, even if occasionally we fiercely disagree. In this case, I agree with you about the pricing but I have loved the releases this year.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast