Uni-BEAR-sity being brought over to U.S.?

From an article on Stitch Kingdom:
    Perhaps inspired by the success of bringing Duffy back from overseas at Tokyo Disneyland where he is a phenomenon, Disney Consumer Products has made a gesture that indicates plans to bring another Japanese bear-exclusive, this one from Disney Store Japan — UniBEARsity. The company has recently applied for a trademark for the use of UniBEARsity for ‘Toys, games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles (except clothing); hand-held units for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; Christmas stockings; Christmas tree ornaments and decorations; snow globes.’The UniBEARsity line focuses on Mocha and Pudding, teddy-bear versions of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse respectively, as created by Mickey and Minnie as part of a homework assignment from Professor Ludwig von Drake at Disney University. A translated version of the UniBEARsity backstory can be found at fan site Duffy’s Closet. The entire current UniBEARsity products available in Japan can be viewed online at the Disney Store Japan website.
    they even have a link to DD website!
    interesting they are bringing them over!!! pretty excited though. Duffy must being do well then perhaps, if they have faith enough to bring over Mocha and Pudding

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Uni-BEAR-sity being brought over to U.S.?

This is interesting. I wonder what that says about Duffy's total sales in the US, if they're even contemplating this? I wouldn't mind having access to the UniBEARsity stuff here...as long as it's exactly the same stuff as the Japanese stores. I'm not a huge fan of the bears themselves...they kind of creep me out (just a personal thing), but the costumes are very cute.

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Uni-BEAR-sity being brought over to U.S.?

It appears that Duffy sales in both DLR and WDW pretty much improved over the past few months. And i'm seeing more people with Duffys around and more people interested in meeting Duffy so that means people here are beginning to embrace him. That gives hope to bring other TDR products here.

I looked at the products and no doubt that if they come here, they will be a huge hit.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74