• Munchings & Crunchings

Has anybody tried to put "American Girl" doll clothes on ShellieMay or Duffy?

I ask because compared to my Duffy, ShellieMay is lacking outfits, LOL. I'm not quite satisfied with Build-a-Bear either, because they mostly have modern looking clothes. I want something a bit more...Cape Cod, or historical looking. So, I checked American Girl, and they have some really cute stuff that would look great on ShellieMay. The problem is, I don't want to waste money on them if they don't quite fit. I wonder about the sleeves on the dresses. Would Shellie's arms fit them? Hmm...

They have a really, really cute table & chairs set that I might get though...very nice looking.

American Girl® Furniture: Addy's Table & Chairs

Actually, I have to say that all of the stuff for the "Addy" doll is adorable and I would dress ShellieMay in all of that.
    Last edited by gurgi; 07-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Has anybody tried to put "American Girl" doll clothes on ShellieMay or Duffy?

I have not tried any of the American Girl clothing, but I too have wondered if it would fit.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Re: Has anybody tried to put "American Girl" doll clothes on ShellieMay or Duffy?

The two body types are very different, but I have both just staring at me.

I'll try it and report back!

---------- Post added 07-13-2011 at 01:28 PM ----------

Well, that was highly entertaining! The short answer is no.

The long answer: Duffy was too chubby for Chrissa's sun dress. It went on, but would not close. There was no where for his tail. And it was really too long, it sat hanging over his feet. The proportions of the two are just too far apart, I think.

And don't think Duffy enjoyed it. Ha!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thank you for that experiment, Mercy! It answered my question. I'm a little disappointed, because the clothes are so cute. I'm sure even with ShellieMay's slightly slimmer body, the results would be the same. Damn, I sure wish I could sew!

• Lemony Goodness

If I experimented sewing a couple things for the bears, would y'all be interested? I sewed a where the wild things "max" are costume that got a ton of attention on Deviantart. Bears would be easier.

The clothes *are* very cute, I was disappointed!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

As I've mentioned before, my aunt makes clothes for the American Girl dolls and she's going to make some Duffy/Shellie May outfits for me (based on a couple from TDS - She'll be using my mom's Duffy for measurements) next month. If they come out good, I'm going to suggest she make other outfits that would fit the bears and sell them like the American Girls clothes as we know there's a niche for custom Duffy outfits. I could also possibly put you in touch with my aunt directly for commissions as I know she'd probably like the money.

• Lemony Goodness

Yeah, Aimster's offer is probably better than mine. And more willing lol : )

I have tried to put samantha's sailor outfit on duffy, before I got my shelliemay to see if it would fit her and its too tight and he looked like he was being squeezed and chocked my poor duffy. so the answer is basically no.

• ~*Princess*~

I've actually gotten some on my pink Disney Bear okay (I don't feel right putting Duffy in a dress). As long as it's not a very tight outfit, it's worked okay.

Most of the furniture works pretty well though (obviously not all) due to them also being ~17 inches.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks guys, for all the help. I might be interested in the custom outfits depending on what they look like, and how easy they are to make. I don't want to make things complicated for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    If I experimented sewing a couple things for the bears, would y'all be interested? I sewed a where the wild things "max" are costume that got a ton of attention on Deviantart. Bears would be easier.
    I would love to see some of your experiments. If successful, would you pass on the dimensions/patterns?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This is my aunt's website, so you can see the kind of stuff she makes:

Welcome to Kdy's Creations

Can't wait to see how she does on my Duffy/Shellie May stuff next month!