Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Baby Clothes on Duffy and shellie may

I found a amazon.com baby onesies that have the star trek logo on it that i can edit and make into a dress and shirt for duffy and shelliemay but i'm not sure what size baby clothes would fit them. anybody have any ideas or have tried to put baby clothes on duffy or shellie may? i found that this is the only way i can make trek clothes for them as i don't know how to actually sew clothes together or find patterns in there size and I saw nice black pants at build a bear that would go good for a trek costume.

Re: Baby Clothes on Duffy and shellie may

I have found that preemie size fits the best. The newborn are a little long (if you get onsies). But if you are modfying them, you can probab;y work with newborn size.
    Last edited by kcoruth5; 08-06-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Not to get off track here, but this is like the 2nd or 3rd thread about baby clothes recently. There shouldn't be a need to start a new thread every time. Maybe a mod can merge the already existing threads into one big one so all the information is together?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Not to get off track here, but this is like the 2nd or 3rd thread about baby clothes recently. There shouldn't be a need to start a new thread every time. Maybe a mod can merge the already existing threads into one big one so all the information is together?
    Thank you. I was thinking exactly the same thing. I wish I knew how to become a mod. I would like to be able to do some of these things quickly. I'm not sure our mod even reads our posts.

LOL! Probably not. I've been a mod/admin on other forums (not here), so I have a bit of experience with it.

• ~*Princess*~

The only other thing really bugging me, besides repeated topics not being merged, is the fact that people constantly quote all of someone's photos in the Photo thread. I shouldn't have to load the same 3 photos like 5 times because nobody thought to edit the photos out when quoting :/ That's just asking for lag.

That's a very good point too. We definitely need a mod in this forum that actually visits and reads the posts, so they know what's going on and can fix any issues that arise.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Remember... we're a big site and we can't be everywhere at once. We've recently added about 7 new members to the staff, so hopefully we'll be not spread as thin around here. But in the mean time remember too that you can report any issues to us... from the mundane to the serious and we'll try to help you out.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Re: Baby Clothes for ShellieMae? (Merged)

Thanks Pengy!

I am going to try and post a picture of my Duffy wearing one of the preemie onsies i picked up for him (wish me luck! I can't remember how to do this)

Name:  Picture 004 resized.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  18.6 KB
    Last edited by kcoruth5; 08-11-2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: added photo

Re: Baby Clothes for ShellieMae?

That being said, I really want a plain BLACK t-shirt for Duffy. Why BAB doesn't make one in that color is beyond me. they have white, red, grey, pale pink & pale blue... but no black? Odd. I've found some sites that sell teddy bear clothes and none of them have black shirts either (seen purple and a darker pink though).

I did however find an adorable girl's sailor suit costume I want to order for Shellie May.
    I found something on ebay - i think they are sweatshirts - but there is a black one. I hope this link works: Teddy Bear Sweatshirts in Pink-Blue-Black for build a | eBay

There is some kind of logo on it to - so not sure if that will workl. Hope it helps!

An online build your own bear does have black t-shirts. They sell at local retailers also - some outfits are nto available online. But you may be able to ggogle them or check to see if they are at any of your local retailers.
    Last edited by kcoruth5; 08-11-2011 at 05:55 AM.

^Those are cute but not quite what I'm after. But I'll keep them in mind.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I've been looking online for preemie clothes, and the problem I'm having is that they look like, well baby clothes. I know that sounds ridiculous on the surface...I mean, they ARE baby clothes. But, for ShellieMay, I'd like them to look like miniature adult clothes, or at least slightly fashionable. I don't want her to look like a baby. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find something and compromise.

• Become part of MY world!

If you guys are interested in sewing, you guys could check out this ebayer eBay My World - ggtbw. She usually sells very cute bear patters, different sizes, like graduation, aviator, hats, etc. They usually sell for around $10 since they're custom made, but you could use these for foundations for anything you want to make. I've gotten a few patterns, bears and clothes, and the instructions are usually easy to follow. It does take some practice to get it right. I actually suggest buying cheap muslin from from a Joann or a fabric store, it's only about a dollar a yard and practice with your patterns making sure you have the right sizes and that you're sewing it correctly. And then after you've practiced for a while you can try the real with with whatever fabric you want. It is quite fun actually, but time consuming. I haven't had the time to sew in a month!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

^Those are cute but not quite what I'm after. But I'll keep them in mind.
    I came across this today - hope it helps?
    Doll Clothes Pick Your Color T-Shirts
    Looks like they have several options of colors, including Black.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast