Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Baby Clothes for ShellieMae? (Merged)

Does anyone have any idea of what size baby clothes might fit ShellieMae? It's been so long since my son was a baby - I don't even have any clue.

My ShellieMae is here!!!!! Thanks DD!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Baby Clothes for ShellieMae?

I looked at baby clothes at a few stores recently and everything looks really big... too big. Maybe newborn or premie size would work. I'm going to try the local Babies R Us when I get a chance to see what they got.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I want to try this too. I've heard that it is the newborn, or preemie clothes that will fit.

I have used preemie outfits for Duffy. The newborn is too big. The preemie onsie works well - but there is no tail hole. They are still a smidge baggy. The preemie shorts fit well. I get mine mostly at WalMart - they have a whole assortment of "summer" type outfits right now. And they are relatively inexpensive compared to BAB outfits.

• Felice Natale!

Exclamation Re: Baby Clothes for ShellieMae?

Quote Originally Posted by kcoruth5 View Post
    ...And they are relatively inexpensive compared to BAB outfits.
    Does anybody else find that just totally trippy and maybe a little "wrong?"

I mean, I guess on the one hand, it's good to think that living human infants' clothes are affordable for parents... ...And Duffy is definitely a super-luxury item, not a "need" by any stretch of the imagination... ...But somehow, it just seems hard for me to process as "ok" that Duffy's clothes cost more than a child's...and perhaps are even better made, too, at least in Tokyo. I dunno... This just gave me a weird feeling, cos like Jedimaster has said in the past - I've got outfits that are almost the same price as Duffy's clothes...

...Thinking too much about my amounts of money, time and energy spent on Duffy...

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Does anybody else find that just totally trippy and maybe a little "wrong?"

I mean, I guess on the one hand, it's good to think that living human infants' clothes are affordable for parents... ...And Duffy is definitely a super-luxury item, not a "need" by any stretch of the imagination... ...But somehow, it just seems hard for me to process as "ok" that Duffy's clothes cost more than a child's...and perhaps are even better made, too, at least in Tokyo. I dunno... This just gave me a weird feeling, cos like Jedimaster has said in the past - I've got outfits that are almost the same price as Duffy's clothes...

...Thinking too much about my amounts of money, time and energy spent on Duffy...
    No, I know what you mean. It's also strange because the Build-a-Bear clothes aren't made as well as real children's clothes either. So, to hear that baby clothes are cheaper than BAB clothes is very interesting.

How are Duffy's clothes from TDS compared to Japanese infant clothes though? I wonder if it's just that the Walmart model makes everything super cheap, and it's not a reflection on the costs at other places?

I think that the lack of expense is probably due to the fact that the ones I got are from WalMart and not a place like Babies R Us. The little shorts are $3 - so are the tops. For me $6 for a little outfit that doesn't look like a typical BAB outfit is a good deal. I like that they look they "real" clothes (with pockets, zippers, etc) - but I guess that's becasue they are real clothes!
    I think the little outfits at say Babies r Us are probably more expensive and more inline with a BAB outfit because they cater specifically to babies.

BAB clothes aren't made as well as real kids clothes because... well, they're for teddy bears to wear. Kids clothes are for real kids who are active and cause a lot of wear and tear on the clothes. Just a little perspective there.

That being said, I really want a plain BLACK t-shirt for Duffy. Why BAB doesn't make one in that color is beyond me. they have white, red, grey, pale pink & pale blue... but no black? Odd. I've found some sites that sell teddy bear clothes and none of them have black shirts either (seen purple and a darker pink though).

I did however find an adorable girl's sailor suit costume I want to order for Shellie May.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    BAB clothes aren't made as well as real kids clothes because... well, they're for teddy bears to wear. Kids clothes are for real kids who are active and cause a lot of wear and tear on the clothes. Just a little perspective there.

That being said, I really want a plain BLACK t-shirt for Duffy. Why BAB doesn't make one in that color is beyond me. they have white, red, grey, pale pink & pale blue... but no black? Odd. I've found some sites that sell teddy bear clothes and none of them have black shirts either (seen purple and a darker pink though).

I did however find an adorable girl's sailor suit costume I want to order for Shellie May.
    Where did you find the girl's sailor suit? I've been looking for one that kind of matches Duffy's, but no luck.

I really don't want to give up my source as they only have one in stock and I won't have the money to order it for another 2 weeks.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I really don't want to give up my source as they only have one in stock and I won't have the money to order it for another 2 weeks.
    Ok, I can respect that.

Thanks for understanding. Once I order it, I'll keep an eye out and let you know when they have more in stock. I'll even let them know there's interest so they can order more if they can. I did see another site that had something similar, but they only do wholesale/bulk orders... no individual outfits. And I'm STILL trying to track down the BAB viking costume. Only place I saw it on ebay was through an Australian seller who only ships within the country, so that did me no good. I want that costume!

• ~*Princess*~

How big is it?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for understanding. Once I order it, I'll keep an eye out and let you know when they have more in stock. I'll even let them know there's interest so they can order more if they can. I did see another site that had something similar, but they only do wholesale/bulk orders... no individual outfits. And I'm STILL trying to track down the BAB viking costume. Only place I saw it on ebay was through an Australian seller who only ships within the country, so that did me no good. I want that costume!
    What if you contact the Australian Ebay seller and ask them if they would ship to you? Sometimes they might make an exception, who knows?

I really don't want to spend more money than I need to. I just splurged to get Shellie and stuff, so I really can't do that again. At least not for several months.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast