Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Lemony Goodness

Shellie May Trip Report

Hey guys! I recently went on a 12 day vacation and brought along Shellie May with me so I could have the pleasure of creating the first ever (that I know of) trip report!

My cousin's wedding was held in Pennsylvania and is the original cause for this trip. We then decided to make this occasion into a great family vacation. At first, the trip is pretty slow, but it will pick up in speed, I promise! Shellie May and the family had a great time with new friends!

We woke up for an early flight at 4:30 AM on the 29th and scuttled throughout the house to get all of our belongings together. I recently bought a big bag just for Shellie May so I could tote her along on my travels.

Here's Shellie downstairs by my suitcase, waiting for my grandpa to come drop us off at the airport. The picture isnt super fantabulous because, well, it was 4:00 in the morning!

Name:  SDC12529.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  182.5 KB

We arrived in Philadelphia, PA a few hours later and quickly went to the Hertz station to pick up our rented car. Our next destination was my mom's best friend's house near the Amish country. We passed plenty of buggies filled with children in prayer caps and long dresses on our way there. Being a native Texan, the hills were enough to make me sick for days!

Here's mom and Miss May waiting for our luggage to arrive:

Name:  SDC12530.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  152.6 KB

Shellie May was very excited that she got to sit all by herself on the bus ride to the Hertz station! It's pretty blurry because the bus ride there was bumpy.

I promise the photos will be better quality later in the trip!
    Shellie's all buckled up and ready to go! Our suitcases wouldn't fit in the trunk so we had to put the last suitcase between my sister and me in the back.

Shellie May is whisking through Amish country!

Sorry for the super big and unrotated photos - Micechat keeps telling me that I have an invalid url! BAHHHGHGHHGHGHGG.

This one was super slow, but prepare for tons of sun, sand, and boardwalk at the Jersey Shore!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Shellie May Trip Report

Cute!

Can't wait to see more!

• I also like Stitch!

More, More, MORE!

• Lemony Goodness

Thanks! <3. I'm reallllyy excited to post our Phillie/boardwalk pics.

The concepts and compositions in these photos are great, LilTeacup! And that bag! It looks SO MUCH like the official Cape Cod Seasons tote.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, that bag really does look close to the official one, only without the Duffy decals on the front. Looks like a great start to the trip.

The Jersey Shore sounds fun, although I hope Shellie didn't run into Snooki, or there could be trouble...

• North American Duffeteer

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Yeah, that bag really does look close to the official one, only without the Duffy decals on the front. Looks like a great start to the trip.

The Jersey Shore sounds fun, although I hope Shellie didn't run into Snooki, or there could be trouble...
    I hope not. ^^

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Lemony Goodness

Could someone help me out? I dont know the size the picture should be and photobucket is being really mean to me. Everytime I try to post, it's super huge. I dont know which method of attaching the photo is easier, either. : (

• Future Cast Member

I upload all my pictures to Facebook since it automatically resizes them. The album privacy has to be set for everyone to see it in order for people on MiceChat who are not your Facebook friend to see it. If I don't want it to show up and clutter my friends' news feeds, then once it publishes the notice of a new album on my profile I just delete that notice, and then they'll only see it when they're looking through my pictures. Sorry I couldn't help you with Photobucket, but I was sick of going through Photobucket and the whole resizing issues so I just started doing this.

This should help you:

Photobucket Help - Resize an Image

I'd choose 640x480 or 800x600 for the size.

• Lemony Goodness

Aimster, thanks for the dimensions - I think I have this figured out now..

After a great 2 day reunion with my mom's friend (I've known her my whole life!), the gang was ready to hit the road again. It was about a 2 hour drive or so to the shore, but we had to switch vehicles at Hertz again. We got a great car that fit all the suitcases in the back so Shellie didnt have to sit on the suitcase in the middle anymore.

I was really excited for the shore because I hadn't been there since I was a wee tot. Shellie May distracted me with a quick photo op!

We made it to Wildwood, NJ! Interesting fact; it is advertised as "The Wildwoods" because there is a N Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, and regular Wildwood, where we stayed. As we were cruising through the town, I noticed something. All of the motels looked like they jumped right out of the 60's.. and that's because they did! The motels didnt refurbish to more up to date architecture in all of these years. We were staying right on the beach in the Shalamar hotel. It was all right but not even in the same ballpark as Disney.

Miss May and I took a quick picture the second we hit the boardwalk.

Wildwood has 3 different piers with amusement rides on each, so it was pretty neat to see all these different colors and sounds fill the boardwalk. After walking to the second pier, we built up a hunger. A restaurant, Jack's Seafood had a huge bright sign and it was right on the pier so we decided to try it out. What an amazing surprise! We were given the opportunity to sit right over the rides and look out onto the pier. Shellie May and I were estatic!

I love this photo - she just has this cutesy "Hmmmm, what should I order?" look. She looks like she's scratching her chin, too!

This was the view from our table - how breathtaking!

While we were waiting for our food, Shellie decided to peer through the railing and people watch, a hobby she inherits from her momma : ) I'll admit, the shore is a prime destination if you like to sit and watch the crazy people go by and occasionally get in fights with funny Jersey accents.

Here's Shellie chillin' in my bag near the end of the boardwalk. The sun was amazing.

Our first day there was great! I had so much fun and there's more to come. Here's a spoiler: While my sis and dad spend some time in NYC together, mom and I stay and go to Caesar's at Atlantic City!

• Future Cast Member

these pictures are awesome! Can't wait for more!

Wildwood has 3 different piers with amusement rides on each,
    Is that Morey's Piers, by chance?

• Lemony Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Is that Morey's Piers, by chance?
    Why, yes! I was really surprised with them. Everything was very clean and organized.

• Lemony Goodness

Thanks for the compliments, everyone : )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast