Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Duffy Post Halloween Shopping Trip will be 9/12!

I think one of the many mistakes I made with the last Shopping Trip was not creating a dedicated thread exclusively for that Trip. Keeping posts specific and threads on track makes this forum much easier and more enjoyable to use. We should all be careful about this. From now on, there will always be a separate thread for each announced trip, and I would appreciate if posts in these threads are kept on track and relevant.

The new Halloween costumes will release on 9/5 and the website should be updated about a week before. The D-day for Wish Lists and transfers, then, will be 8/28. Absolutely NO changes will be permitted. There were so many people last time and so many "Oops, I forgot I want..." and "Oh, wait, I can't get..." etc, etc... It got very confusing to update everyone's Wish Lists while also clarifying and verifying addresses and explaining details of Duffy items to individual people, plus trying to update the forum with info about what's being released and pricing details.

There will be some changes to the Gratuity structure, too. I'll try to post those edits soon. The gist is that I will pay for half of ticket price, but the other half plus locker fees and transportation will be divided among the total number of Wish Listers. Less Wish Listers means I don't have to take a taxi and this cost will be lower. More Wish Listers means the cost will be divided out more, also making it lower. For the Sweet Duffy Shopping Trip, I ate these costs myself. For Be Magical! I passed them on after the fact, which I have very much regretted. I will need to update the system to have an official policy. The thing is, lockers and taxis do add up quickly, and these are costs I would never incur if I wasn't doing the Post, so I don't feel good about paying for these myself. Still, I want to keep pricing low, so I'm sharing the ticket cost. Some may wonder why Wish Listers should pay even part of the ticket price. It's because a Shopping Day is basically just that. I ride virtually no attractions, have to plan transport for many very heavy bags and it basically makes the day in the park a work day. I am happy to pay half, since I do have an interest in shopping for myself, too, but especially when I'm only going to the parks basically once per season (and I'm committed to making that a Duffy Post day), I don't feel good about paying full price for a day I spend working actually fairly hard.

All that's just for the sake of transparency, to let folks know where my head's at and future changes to Duffy Post. Let's not forget the most important thing here, though... There WILL be NEW Halloween costumes for Duffy and Shellie May this year, and we only have about two weeks of waiting left until we find out what they're like.

Also, I keep forgetting to post photos of what I think has got to be quite simply, the Greatest TDS Popcorn Bucket of All Time. It's expensive, though, at ¥2,300. But I think there will never be a better one. It's hard to see some of the details and I keep forgetting to take my own pictures, but it has painted Mickey marks in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris, and Hong Kong...and then a crystal jewel Mickey mark for Tokyo. For me, at least, this has a particularly powerful visual resonance in light of what happened, on this day, five months ago. Anyway, here's a photo from the Japanese blog, 怒鳴るド伍長のクワックパーク:

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-13-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Don't know what I was thinking... 9/1 is NOT enough time to get the money in my bank account. D-day is 8/28.

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Duffy Post Halloween Shopping Trip will be 9/12!

Great! Can't wait for this shopping trip! I will be joining this time. And don't worry about last time! It's ok, can't wait to see what the new costumes are!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

oh yeah!!! duffy, shelliemay, and I will be going on our first Disney Cruise at the end of November, so this will let me pick up not only the halloween costumes, but the sailor and travel set as well!!! yeah!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I saw pictures of that popcorn bucket, and I agree, it's the best design so far. Just amazing really.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I sent my mom a text to double check if she still wants the new sailor costume. If she does, we'll be in for that at least and I'm thinking about wanting the Tippy Blue strap and bottle necklace for myself.

i will hopefully join this time to get shelliemays outfit and shell necklace along with the bottle necklace for duffy!

• Lemony Goodness

I was really hoping that you would be on board for getting that popcorn bucket! I saw it and loved it. Cant wait to see the new costumes! I'm not in love with the new sailor outfit, but I love the bottle necklace.

Heard back from my mom and she's still in for the sailor costume! Looking forward to seeing what the Halloween costumes will be, then I can decide on those as well!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I love that the bucket also has a rainbow strap! I'm sure it would be a pain in the butt to send in the mail, but it's so cute.

Oh, and I can't wait for the Halloween costume reveal! I could speculate all day. If there are any repeat costumes I will scream...literally. They've already done a pumpkin three times...no more pumpkins!

Personally, I would love a witch costume for ShellieMay. Duffy has already been a pumpkin, a sorcerer, a black cat, and a ghost. So, this year, he could be...uh...a scarecrow? Maybe Halloween versions of the 10th Anniversary costumes...but then that would be kind of redundant too. I would like to see him as "Franken-Duffy" too, with Shellie as the Bride.

---------- Post added 08-11-2011 at 04:17 PM ----------

I'll bet Disney Fan magazine will have pictures soon of the costumes. Anybody who has access to that, once it appears, can you give us spoilers please?

• ~*Princess*~

Aww. That bucket is adorable.

And yeah, they can be a pain XD I remember trying to stuff two buckets I had gotten in my suitcase when I went...

I can't wait to see the new costumes I wonder if the Get Magical stuff will still be around, but I doubt it XD Much hope I can at the very least get the Unibearsity pin along with maybe a Halloween Costume or two. And of course, Duffy's new bottle necklace!

As it is, I'm still debating on if I should get myself a Shellie May or not.

OMG! Ok, I haven't really posted here that much, because I've just been busy and distracted. But I'm starting to get into Duffy again, and after reading that there's a new sailor outfit ALSO, I almost flipped my laptop! It's so cute! Now I will have 5 outfits to possibly. Man, I'm gonna be broke! LOL Can't wait for this shopping trip, and many many MANY thanks to DuffyD for what you do!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Red Face Re: Duffy Post Halloween Shopping Trip will be 9/12!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    OMG! Ok, I haven't really posted here that much, because I've just been busy and distracted. But I'm starting to get into Duffy again, and after reading that there's a new sailor outfit ALSO, I almost flipped my laptop! It's so cute! Now I will have 5 outfits to possibly. Man, I'm gonna be broke! LOL Can't wait for this shopping trip, and many many MANY thanks to DuffyD for what you do!
    I'm digging that Sailor, too, Ursulalvr. I made a mistake about the D-day, though. 9/1 is totally not enough time to get the money into my bank account.

D-day is 8/28. Mark your calendars!^^

Eek! Ok the 28th it is.

Site is UPDATED, and it's SO MUCH BETTER than I imagined!!!

It's not a pumpkin, and may just be the best Halloween sets ever, plus ALL of the merchandise rocks!

Check it out at the LINK!

It's interesting, though... Anyone else getting the feeling that the official costumes are starting to look more and more like high-quality and very affordable versions of the Yahoo! fan creations? I could totally imagine these as fan-based, and they are truly beautiful!^^

Even the dessert mug and plate are better than ever! I've never bought the Halloween sets and always wished I'd wanted to, but this Moon & Stars theme is just incredible!!! I'm freaking out!!! LINK

Just when you thought you couldn't take anymore, they also have released a new story and...what's that?...hold on...it's even already in ENGLISH!!! (LINK) Click on the left!

BEST...
    HALLOWEEN...
    EEEVEEER!!!

ITEM and PRICE LIST:

DHD Duffy Costume ¥4500
    DHD Shellie Costume ¥4800
    DHD Light Lantern ¥1000
    *this is literally a dream come true for me!^^
    DHD Figurine ¥3200
    DHD Strap Duffy ¥1800
    DHD Strap Shellie ¥1800
    DHD Plush Strap Duffy ¥1300
    DHD Plush Strap Shellie ¥1300
    DHD Badge Duffy ¥1500
    DHD Badge Shellie ¥1500
    DHD Mini Towel Set ¥1400
    DHD Tote Bag ¥2900
    DHD Mug & Tray ¥2200
    DHD Roll Cakes (choco/strawberry, 4 each) ¥1000
    DHD Flower Earl Grey Tea ¥1400
    DHD Chocolates ¥850 (chocolate/roasted chestnut)
    DHD Apple Tea Candy ¥500

DHD Dessert Cup Duffy ¥600
    DHD Dessert Plate Duffy ¥600
    DHD Dessert Cup Shellie ¥700
    DHD Dessert Plate Shellie ¥700

If most people can get their Wish Lists in within the next week, I'll be very happy. As soon as possible, please, guys. Nothing else to wait for now. Remember, Halloween is special. As long as we have five people, the Gratuity is only 25%.

Don't forget these other items that have become recently available:

My Friend Duffy
    MFD Sailor Costume ¥3000
    MFD Badge Duffy ¥1500
    MFD Badge Tippy Blue ¥1400

Duffy 2012 Diary ¥2200
    Duffy 2012 Calendar ¥1000

Duffy's Bottle Pendant ¥600

This will surely be the last Announced Shopping Day until Christmas in November. None of the Halloween items will be available then and many of the other items may have also sold out. Keep that in mind when planning your lists and try to really think about what you want now, rather than adding things at the last minute.

I am so surprised and excited by the costumes. Without the "magical" accessories, they're really cute, fairly muted harvest costumes that would work in Thanksgiving decorations. But add the magic - especially with those Light Lanterns - and you've got Halloween Dream!^^ I'm a bit sad that there doesn't seem to be an actual storybook, though. I had already been thinking that the next storybook should be for Halloween and I thought surely when I saw this that I was right. I'd love to have a book!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-16-2011 at 06:36 PM.

AHHHH Omg, they are SOOOOOOOO CUTE! Definitely getting them! I'll send you my wish list! Kinda sucks though, they're raised the prices, yea it's only 200 yen, but now it almost $60 for one costume! Gonna be on a ramen diet for a while! Lol
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast