Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cape Cod Village Greeting POSTCARD ~CONTEST~!!! ...Yes, WITH PRIZES!!!^^

Secretly hoping that Wondering posts photos of her prizes here and tells us which one she picked for herself and which she gave to the friend who helped her. They were super-limited, not-for-sale items that cost all my Disney Store points. I really hope they seemed equal to the hard work Wondering & friend did translating postcards…^^

• ~*Princess*~

Hehe! I'm planning to I want to make sure I get an awesome picture though and my camera is being silly. They are definitely amazing though <3

Thumbs up Re: Cape Cod Village Greeting POSTCARD ~CONTEST~!!! ...Yes, WITH PRIZES!!!^^

Was looking around for Disney Store Halloween 2010 plush because I just love "Miracle Magical Halloween," and I happened across these images... It's coming up on four months since the contest and three months since the prizes were awarded, so I thought I'd just go ahead and post them before we get to Sweet Duffy 2012.

These are the UniBEARsity towels that Wondering won for herself and her friend the linguistics expert in our postcard contest! I hope the linguistics expert did get one of them, too.

This was our first real contest, and several Duffeteers participated although one winner totally dominated the competition. Well, I guess there are kind of two winners, since Wondering had help from her linguist friend who doesn't post here. I thought everyone else might still be curious what exactly the prize was. I also just wanted to post photos so that folks know that when I say there will be prizes, I am true to my word.

I was wrong about one thing, though. These are totally still available at the Disney Store, but at 300 pts each, it takes a bit of time and money to spend the ¥30,000 you need to actually get a set, plus the annual ¥500 membership fee for the Fantamiliar card. Normally the prize would have been more Duffy-related; I had actually planned to make something myself. But I knew from our chats and her Wish Lists that Wondering likes UniBEARsity, so I thought that such a limited, Japan-only, not-for-sale item would be a total surprise and a real treasure for her. It was also a major goal for me to find something that both she and her friend would be able to share, but that would not just be exactly the same thing. And since I didn't know if the friend was actually a serious Duffy/Disney fan or not, I figured at least a towel is something she might use, and that way she won't argue with Wondering too much over who gets Mocha or who gets Pudding! I was so excited when I learned about this promotion. I really thought I had found the perfect prize for the person who won, even though I had to buy a few extra things to earn enough Fantimiliar points to get them! Anyway, here's what they look like:

From the official Fantamiliar site

From Chanchan119's "Out & About Blog"

Mocha detail from Yuka-chan's Yukataa no Blog

Pudding detail, also from Yuka-chan's Yukataa no Blog

There, finally, I can check something of my Wunderlist now!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Very cute towels! I'm not crazy about the bears themselves, but the merchandise is cute.

Actually, now that the white Donald & Daisy bears are out, I do think those are kind of cute. I can't explain that, because they are the same as Mocha and Pudding, just in white.

DuffyD, do you have any idea if UniBEARsity is a success or not? It sure doesn't seem as popular as Duffy, but then it's new. Are fans liking it and buying it?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

• ~*Princess*~

They really are adorable

She has Mocha and I have Pudding.

My Camera's SD Card had gotten corrupted so bleh :/ Still haven't had time to replace it.

But yeah, I find UniBEARsity quite cute (Almost as much as Duffy) @-@ I'd like to get some of the bears one day.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    …DuffyD, do you have any idea if UniBEARsity is a success or not? It sure doesn't seem as popular as Duffy, but then it's new. Are fans liking it and buying it?
    I'm not really sure. I never see anyone with them on the trains or around the city, so I'd venture to say no. They sure are pushing them at the Disney Stores, though. Huge displays, shopping campaigns, gifts with purchase, tied to every season… But I imagine a lot of people have the same issues I do: 1) The plush and illustrated versions are more creepy than cute, and 2) The concept is too much like Duffy, but far less charming and potentially WAY too much merchandise to collect. By the time they all roll out, there will be UniBears for all of the Fab Five (except Pluto?), plus Daisy, Clarabelle, Horace and Pete. That's just too much and their story isn't charming enough for me to commit. I honestly think I'd like them better if their stories weren't so cut and dry. Unlike Duffy, the UniBears have fairly specific and inflexible personalities. The marketing just really limits my perception of them. I like a lot of the UniBear stuff, though – notebooks, non-plush charms and straps, pins, etc.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I like the white UniBEARsity bears they came out with this winter... Puff and Whipp (or something like that). I love polar bears, so I found these white ones really adorable.

I agree!! I love the white bears - Whip and Puff! Adorable! They seem sweet and innocent to me and I would definitely get them if I could visit Japan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12