Thread: A Duffy First?

• Lost Boy

A Duffy First?

In late July Dan and I visited Hong Kong Disneyland which was the only Disney resort we had not visited... obviously a good number of people have visited all of the resorts but I think we were the first people to accomplish something which this group would appreciate....

Meet Duffy at all the of Disney Resorts Worldwide!!

The first time we met Duffy was last summer in Tokyo:
    Name:  4948190799_50870b28a9.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  166.3 KB

Then we heard he was coming to the US parks and we met him at Walt Disney World when we went there for Christmas:
    Name:  5333297187_ed6c026d4d.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  176.0 KB

Then this past June we were invited to a special event in Disneyland Paris where Duffy made (as far as we know) his Parisian debut and we were able to meet him!

Name:  5905679635_8f4c47ef56.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  168.1 KB

After the trip to Disneyland Paris we went to Disneyland in California where we made sure we met Duffy

Name:  5881501093_6c4b5a22e7.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  140.1 KB

Then finally in late July we went to Hong Kong and managed to meet him there as well!

Name:  5992899055_c9333a0d49.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  187.8 KB

Currently Duffy is not regularly out in Disneyland Paris and I think our group were the only people that were able to meet him; however, according to a non-final press release about Christmas he will be coming to Disneyland Paris for Christmas season this year unless something changes in the next few weeks.

I have to say our first experience with Duffy wasn't the best due to the craziness about him in Tokyo but since then he has really grown on me and I am very glad we were able to meet him everywhere. I look forward to meeting him again in DLP this Christmas and hope he does well there!

If any of you want to see lots of picture of Duffy we have a page for him on our site : Duffy the Disney Bear at Disney Character Central
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Re: A Duffy First?

Wow! That is really awesome that you were able to get a picture with Duffy in each Disney park!! I especially love Duffy's outfit in Paris!! And congrats on your achievement!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Wow I'm impressed! The costume in Tokyo is definitely the best looking one. His face just looks better.

I still got one up on most everyone else as I got my photo with Duffy before he was Duffy. I got him twice at WDW when he was just known as "Disney Bear".

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for sharing these pictures, it is an accomplishment! I miss the old Tokyo costume, it was much cuter than all of the current ones. Still, I love Duffy and it's great that he's now at each resort. I certainly can hope that he grows on more people and eventually gets the respect he needs to thrive.

• Lost Boy

Glad you all like the pictures

Aimster, I agree that I think he looks better in Tokyo and it is very kewl you got to meet pre-"Duffy" Duffy hehe... his outfits in Japan are also much nicer than the US parks/HK (but agree that I like the one from last summer better than the one I have seen recently)

I have to say I was disappointed when he was in the same outfit as the US parks when we saw him in HK... wish he had been in a Chinese outfit but would have settled for just something different... still glad we met him of course tho

I hope he succeeds as well Gurgi although I hope he never gets to the same obsession level as he is in Tokyo :P
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Thanks for sharing these pictures, it is an accomplishment! I miss the old Tokyo costume, it was much cuter than all of the current ones. Still, I love Duffy and it's great that he's now at each resort. I certainly can hope that he grows on more people and eventually gets the respect he needs to thrive.
    Ditto. The great thing about this achievement is that it also really matches the character's concept. Someday he will be a household name. "Duffy has friends all over the world!"^^

Does anyone know if Tokyo has any ShellieMay character meet and greets?? I am new to Duffy and ShellieMay but they are quickly becoming some of my favorite characters!! Thanks!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yes, you can now meet ShellieMay at Tokyo DisneySea. She has her own spot. For some reason they don't have them meeting together at Duffy's Village Greeting Place.

Here is the official site with her greeting spot information.
    ?????????????? | ???????????? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

Talking Re: A Duffy First?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Yes, you can now meet ShellieMay at Tokyo DisneySea. She has her own spot. For some reason they don't have them meeting together at Duffy's Village Greeting Place.

Here is the official site with her greeting spot information.
    ?????????????? | ???????????? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

Thanks so much!!