• Munchings & Crunchings

Tippy Blue story - need help translating

So, I got the little Tippy Blue plush strap, and he's pretty darn cute. Anyway, in keeping with the Duffy merchandise protocol, he comes with a little "story" attached to his tag. It's very minimal, but I would love to know what it says.

Cover:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Can somebody translate this little bit of story for me, please?

The thing I like about Tippy Blue is that they are giving him his own logo, and place in Cape Cod. At first, I thought he was extremely annoying and unnecessary, but he's growing on me. He's still obnoxious, but in the same way that his fellow seagull, Scuttle is.

For Tippy, they gave him his own tag with his name on it, just like the ones they make for Duffy and Shellie May. See, look.

He also works for the C.C.P.S. (Cape Cod Postal Service), and they also have a logo for that, which DuffyD uses for his Duffy Post.

This is Tippy Blue's little messenger bag he carries around.

I like that the Duffy characters are really the only ones to get such special attention when it comes to tags and stories attached to them. There is a cohesive feel about all of this, because they use the same format for everything.

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: Tippy Blue story - need help translating

The seagull Tippy Blue is kind of a birdbrained postman.

His blue-tipped wings spread out and soar over Cape Cod Village.

Not much of a story, but it is nice they tried to characterize him more.

Anyone know if the CD for My Friend Duffy has all the spoken parts written? If I had all the parts, I'd try to translate it. Hopefully it would help me like it more. Tippy Blue has totally grown on me.^^

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Tippy Blue story - need help translating

Oh cool! I can't wait to get my Tippy Blue strap now! Yeah not much of a story, but it's nice how they attempt to include him in the whole of it all.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    The seagull Tippy Blue is kind of a birdbrained postman.

His blue-tipped wings spread out and soar over Cape Cod Village.

Not much of a story, but it is nice they tried to characterize him more.

Anyone know if the CD for My Friend Duffy has all the spoken parts written? If I had all the parts, I'd try to translate it. Hopefully it would help me like it more. Tippy Blue has totally grown on me.^^
    Thank you for that translation! Not much, but it's something. Maybe he'll eventually get a full storybook too, LOL!

He's grown on me too, and since they are trying to incorporate him into the lore of the characters, it helps to endear him to fans.

I do have the My Friend Duffy show CD, but I don't know if the spoken dialog is included. I'll have to look at it later and see. I do know there are some pictures in there of the show.

---------- Post added 09-07-2011 at 01:33 PM ----------

What I would REALLY like to know is what Tippy Blue says to Duffy in the first part of the second "act" of the show. He starts telling Duffy a story and, from the tone, and the music, it's obvious he's starting to scare Duffy and Duffy says "goodbye", to quickly get away from Tippy. Then, Mickey catches Tippy scaring Duffy and startles him. I want to know what he is saying to make Duffy nervous like that.

My guess...and this is strictly based on assumption, is that Tippy is just being overly dramatic about what to expect on an adventure, and he's telling Duffy about the dangers...and getting a little carried away.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Love it! Cannot wait to buy him!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering