Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Good News for US Duffy?

Yeah that doesn't make sense to me either.

• Adventures with Duffy

I think it would be nice if they left Shellie May at TDS and created other friends for Duffy. A fdifferent friend for each resort. Duffy is about travel, advencher and making new friends. I don't think Disney will do that because they are all about the same items at each resort. I'm sure that saves them money because it's cheaper to buy in bulk. But it's sad as the guest to go to different parks/resorts and see the sane thing.

I also think the cruise line and Advenchers by Disney should have a different friend for Duffy
    to meet. I would think this would make fans want to travel to meet the new friends.

Sorry for any typos I'm posting from an iPhone and it's not behaving today

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• I also like Stitch!

Still, I really want a Shelly by only traveling to California, not by going halfway across the world. Plus I don't want to wait for a Shelly through Duffy Post, even though I really want Duffy's Be Magical Costume and necklace. So cute.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I think it would be nice if they left Shellie May at TDS and created other friends for Duffy. A fdifferent friend for each resort. Duffy is about travel, advencher and making new friends. I don't think Disney will do that because they are all about the same items at each resort. I'm sure that saves them money because it's cheaper to buy in bulk. But it's sad as the guest to go to different parks/resorts and see the sane thing.

I also think the cruise line and Advenchers by Disney should have a different friend for Duffy
    to meet. I would think this would make fans want to travel to meet the new friends.
    That is such a good idea!!!! I would love that!!! Each different Disney destination should have a Duffy and a friend of Duffy's! Wow, that would be sooo neat!

Besides, it makes our Shellie May's from Japan all the more special(;

Duffy and his friends would truely be collectors!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• I also like Stitch!

I told my mom and she said no.

• Become part of MY world!

That is such a great idea! I would so love this and it would create a more cult fan base, trying to collect all of Duffy's friends! I would be so happy if they did this!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

LOL! I was going to go grammar police and say, "You mean adventure?" But yeah no one is safe from autocorrect on the iPhone.

The idea of Duffy having friends at each of the non-Tokyo parks is an interesting idea, but you know Disney would never go for it.

• ~*Princess*~

I think it's silly to think Shellie May would be any less special if she was available in the US or not. :/

I do see a lot of posts on Duffy's official Facebook page of people asking to bring Shellie May to the US. So some demand for her Stateside *is* there.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I do see a lot of posts on Duffy's official Facebook page of people asking to bring Shellie May to the US. So some demand for her Stateside *is* there.
    And, there are now pictures of Shellie May on his Facebook page, so people know about her after a fashion.

I do love the fact that she's her own creation apart from Duffy. At first I was annoyed about another character, but she has grown on me a lot. I appreciate that she's based off of the original design, but did not start off as another character. She's a "spin-off", I guess. Tippy Blue is also completely new. I'm liking that there is a whole Duffy mythology coming out of Tokyo that is all based on one failed concept from the US.

I don't mind if Shellie May comes Stateside, I know people would love her. I just will not expect the level of attention to be anywhere near what she gets in Japan.

^ Exactly. And I've posted a lot of my own Shellie May photos on Duffy's FB page, which always cause a stir with people asking, "Who's the girl bear?" "Where can I get the girl bear?" "Is that a REAL Shellie May?" "How did you get her?" and more. So it's really nice to see the interest. I have a feeling once my mom sees my Shellie May in person this fall, she's going to want one of her own. And my bears get attention everywhere I take them, which is pretty cool.

And it is pretty ironic how the US' failed concept is now a phenomenon in Japan.

• I also like Stitch!

Also to have Shelly May over here would be pretty cool. My fav pic of me at Dland this year is with Duffy and I Imagine that it would be twice the cute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12