Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Post Good News for US Duffy?

Disney's Andy Mooney quitting as consumer products chairman - Los Angeles Times
    So LA Times has posted this article today. Looks like Andy Moony, who has been with the company for 12 years as chairman of Disney Consumer Products is stepping down. He is responsible for the the ever controversial "Princess" line, "Fairies" and pretty much anything Disney product related. Including the god awful generic-izing of merchandise all over US parks. Actually I wouldn't be surprise if he's behind Duffy's launch in the US and the mediocre quality they first released. So could this be good news for Duffy? With a new chairman do you guys thing DCP and Duffy himself will improve? Let's hope so. I really wonder what changes this could bring to Duffy. Thoughts?
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Lemony Goodness

Re: Good News for US Duffy?

Hmmm, it seems logical to assume this'll be good for Duffy!

• I also like Stitch!

And I think that Duffy's getting a special friend over from Japan.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

We'll see what happens.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Consumer products and Themepark merchandise are two different divisions. He has nothing to do with Duffy.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• I also like Stitch!

You sure?

Yes, trust me!

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• I also like Stitch!

OK. I'm still praying for Shelly May to come over and I don't want to do Duffy Post due to me being under 18 and my mom would never let me do it. Also I don't want to make a PayPal just to get Shelly. Duffers is lonely and there's a giant risk of taking him outside of my room and leaving him there cause of my Miniature Schnauzer likes to get a hold of pushes and eat the eyes out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    Duffers is lonely and there's a giant risk of taking him outside of my room and leaving him there cause of my Miniature Schnauzer likes to get a hold of pushes and eat the eyes out of them.
    Maybe you can get a girl bear for a local BAB for now until you get a Shellie? Bears - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

And if you get a Shellie later, maybe they can have a catfight for him LOL

My dog a toy poodle, wanted to eat Duffy at first now it seems he is ok wit the bears.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    OK. I'm still praying for Shelly May to come over and I don't want to do Duffy Post due to me being under 18 and my mom would never let me do it. Also I don't want to make a PayPal just to get Shelly. Duffers is lonely and there's a giant risk of taking him outside of my room and leaving him there cause of my Miniature Schnauzer likes to get a hold of pushes and eat the eyes out of them.
    You should tell your mom about it!! I thought my mom would never go for it. I didn't think she was a fan of talking to people online. However, she fell in love with Shellie, hehehe. She's already been a Duffy fan for a while. She wanted one so bad so I told her about this and she loves the people on here!!! In fact, I think we'll be going to MiceChat Meet soon(:
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• I also like Stitch!

No, she would never go for it. It took her like 3 months to convince her to let me buy a Duffy and I only got his Sailor Suit, even though I also wanted his Chinese Costume (it's so adorable).

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 03:02 PM ----------

I'm also planning on getting an OU Football Uni for Duffy cause my sister goes to OU and Duffy needs to show pride for his family (also so he can go to games).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    My dog a toy poodle, wanted to eat Duffy at first now it seems he is ok wit the bears.
    This is why I'm glad I have cats who don't care about stuffed animals. Well, the younger one likes them, but only small ones. Duffy is too big and he seems to know if he touches my bears he'll lose one of his nine lives.

• Become part of MY world!

There really is no correlation? They do sell some of the product lines discussed in that article in the park so I would have thought they were somewhat related.

In regards to Shellie May, she's not coming for at least another year. And I would actually be disappointed if they did bring her here. To me, she really is a TDS exclusive, she just exudes Cape Cod, and is an original creation from Japan. Disney doesn't treat their brand, and Duffy for that matter, well enough to handle Shellie. It would just be another barrage of mediocre merchandise that the fans will be disappointed by. And I really don't want US's greedy hand on her, not yet, not until they improve Duffy first. And he has to be more popular, that was the whole reason Shellie was created, because Duffy was so popular. So until all that happens here, I will be happy of Shellie coming to the states. Until then, we got to work hard, as Duffy fans to get Duffy more exposure and let Disney know they have to improve their product.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

@Ursulalvr - I understand that it can be a bit confusing when they are sharing lines such as
    Vinylmation. Theme Park Merchandise does work with DCP, especially for their ecommerce resource. But Theme Park Merchandise which is based in Orlando designs for Domestic theme parks as well HKDL and Aulani. They fall under the DisneyParks and Resorts division.

Disney Consumer Products oversees all licensees. (department store, food products, etc)
    As well as the Disney Store. DCP was essentially created by Walt to protect his products and the ability to gain money from the "franchises" Disney creates. And they are based in
    California.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    @Ursulalvr - I understand that it can be a bit confusing when they are sharing lines such as
    Vinylmation. Theme Park Merchandise does work with DCP, especially for their ecommerce resource. But Theme Park Merchandise which is based in Orlando designs for Domestic theme parks as well HKDL and Aulani. They fall under the DisneyParks and Resorts division.

Disney Consumer Products oversees all licensees. (department store, food products, etc)
    As well as the Disney Store. DCP was essentially created by Walt to protect his products and the ability to gain money from the "franchises" Disney creates. And they are based in
    California.
    You know what I don't get? The fact that Theme Park Merchandise handles HKDL, but they do it more to the TDR model. It's not quite to TDR levels, but it's very closely modeled on how they do things. Some of the plush is even similar to the TDR quality, and probably manufactured by the same companies. So...why only do that for HKDL and not DL and WDW? It seems like the higher quality plush and other items might be well received at the US parks too, not to mention streamlining manufacturing costs.

Why do they do this? It relates to Duffy too. If they were responsible for putting Duffy merchandise inside HKDL, they allowed some of the TDS merchandise to flow in as well. Why didn't they do that for the US parks too?

Obviously they have a reason for doing so (or not doing, in some cases), it just isn't clear to me.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast