Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I also like Stitch!

How to convince the mom to get do Duffy Post?

I showed my mom info about Duffy Post and she didn't understand it and didn't trust it. How do I convince her?

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: How to convince the mom to get do Duffy Post?

My mom is clueless when it comes to these websites. I don't know how many times I had to show her post :P In fact, a few times I just did it for her (while she was right there, under her permission!)

But anyways, my mom didn't trust it at first either. However, I showed her all the posts of people in the past who bought from DuffyD. Then she got better about it(: She saw how professional he was and relized it couldn't be fraud because there was so many nice people who had posted about receiving their packages and buying from in the past, etc. Besides, she saw how awful ebay was! She definitely did not want to buy from some stranger whose only motive was money off of ebay :P
    Anyways, good luck with your mom!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• ~*Princess*~

What I told my mom to convince her to let me (Even though I'm older than 18, I like having permission still :P Plus then she helps me out sometimes) was how much we'd save in comparison and the many people that have been helped thus far. That really is the most you can do.

• I also like Stitch!

Thanks Tomorrow I'll show her after homework in case more people post.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Scroll through this thread: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

A lot of people posted "thank-you's" and etcs on here after they received their package. It's a good starting point!(:
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Not that I don't want to help, but the intention of Duffy Post is not to convince parents to do something they're uncomfortable with. Also, reading the guidelines thoroughly and understanding them completely is an absolute requirement. Take your time. The next Post won't be until November, for Christmas, and I have a very strong feeling that smiling Shellie May will debut this year.

• I also like Stitch!

Well I'll show her some of the thank yous and DuffyD what do the percentages mean. I think thats where she got confuzed

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    and I have a very strong feeling that smiling Shellie May will debut this year.
    From your mouth to God's ears, LOL! I sure hope so, I want her to "complete" my collection.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    Well I'll show her some of the thank yous and DuffyD what do the percentages mean. I think thats where she got confuzed
    The percentages are for the gratuity for providing the shopping service. Kind of a tip/gratuity a server at a restaurant gets for providing good service, but a little different.

Example:

In the DuffyPost, say you want a Shellie May and her default outfit. It would go like this:

1 Shellie May - 3800
    1 outfit - 1200
    SUB TOTAL - 5000

Now say we have enough wish-listers (we'll say 5 here) to get the cheapest gratuity, which is 25%...
    5000 + 25% (1250 is 25% of 5000) = 6250

There's also a 100 service fee if your total is less than 10,000 to cover the Paypal fees.

For the scheduled trips, like Christmas, we have to help cover Duffy D's park admission... as a group, we cover half, which would be 3100. So... 3100 divided by 5 (number of wish-listers in this example) = 620. FYI, the more wish-listers, the lower this amount is.

So now... the grand total:

6250 + 100 + 620 = 6970

6970 would be the grand total due. DuffyD will double check your math, but he won't do the initial tot up for you.

Hope that made more sense of it. Math is definitely not my strong point, but it's not that difficult to figure out. If I can do it, anyone can.

• ~*Princess*~

Then, after everything is bought, he'll contact you with the shipping total

• I also like Stitch!

Thanks I'll tell my mom and I really want to get Shelly May so, why not do the Christmas trip to get cheaper gratuity. I'd probably get Shelly, her default, Duffy's default (I have the American Sailor but that's it), Be Magical, and Christmas, plus pendant and a Be Magical Wand for me, maybe popcorn bucket.

FYI: Costumes in Japan are more expensive than they are here in the US. But the quality is better, which justifies the cost to me. For example, the new "My Friend Duffy" sailor costume is 3000, which is nearly $40 US. In contrast, the costumes at the US parks are $15-$18. Shellie May's "default" costume is a steal at 1200 (around $15 US).

• I also like Stitch!

Yep they are pretty expensive. I couldn't find the prices of the costumes and everything I wanted. Can I get some help?

• Lemony Goodness

You also have to look at this from your mother's point of view. She may not know too much about Duffy and because the Post is done through a forum, I could understand her uncomfortable state. DD is a very trustworthy person and a great person to know : )

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    Yep they are pretty expensive. I couldn't find the prices of the costumes and everything I wanted. Can I get some help?
    Here are the prices of what you said you wanted in your other post:

Shellie May: 3800
    Shellie's "default" outfit: 1200
    Duffy "Be Magical!" costume: 3900
    Shellie May "Be Magical!" costume: 3900

Not sure how much the Christmas costumes will be (they haven't been announced yet). What pendant are you talking about?

The popcorn buckets are 2100 each (there's a Duffy one and a Shellie May one).

So.... knowing these so far, your total would be 14,900. Converted into US dollars, that's almost $200. Add in the Christmas costumes and whatever pendant you want, the total will probably be close to $300 US.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast