• ~*Princess*~

Hong Kong Disney's Costumes

I didn't see a topic go up for it yet (Though, DuffyD mentioned moving it to a topic of it's own), but a picture was put up on Hong Kong Disney's website so...

It's definitely similar to the Tokyo Disney costumes (looks a lot more plush than the US one) with a few differences. Most notably the hat (It looks more like the US, but with the puffiness of the Tokyo costumes) and the collar looks bigger. It doesn't look like it has pants, but it could have bottoms similar to the 2009 costume.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Hong Kong Disney's Costumes

Cute. THAT is what we should have got in the US instead of yet another 12" pre-dressed bear. Disney again missed the boat. My Halloween costume money is going to Build A Bear.

• Felice Natale!

Thanks for making the topic, Wondering. I got asked away and by the time I came back I'd completely forgotten it.

I just don't understand why the US isn't getting this. The Tokyo costumes and merchandise are designed by an in-house creative team. Disney would probably have to pay the Oriental Land Company to have access to those designs. But this is obviously based on the US 12" design, so it's already part of Disney Parks. With so many US fans clamoring for costumes, I can't see why they'd produce this yet hold off on releasing it in their own backyard.

• Become part of MY world!

Someone I know who works for Disney once told me this "If it doesn't make sense, then you know it's Disney!" Never have those words been so right! On so many levels! LOL
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Disney's loss is Build A Bear's gain... for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    I didn't see a topic go up for it yet (Though, DuffyD mentioned moving it to a topic of it's own), but a picture was put up on Hong Kong Disney's website so...

It's definitely similar to the Tokyo Disney costumes (looks a lot more plush than the US one) with a few differences. Most notably the hat (It looks more like the US, but with the puffiness of the Tokyo costumes) and the collar looks bigger. It doesn't look like it has pants, but it could have bottoms similar to the 2009 costume.
    Awww cute. Thanks for posting the pic. Btw would you be able to post up the website link for this also? I never know where to look on the hkdl website for Duffy info and updates.

• ~*Princess*~

The link doesn't change when you click to the souvenir page unfortunately So it wouldn't help.

• Become part of MY world!

Just go to HongKongDisneyland.com>>Halloween Frights>>Spooky Souvenirs and there it is with all the other Halloween Merchandise.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

awww wish I could get it for my Duffy, if they had it here in the US they would have a sale from me!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Felice Natale!

Still not feeling 100%, but I'm on the way to find out what Cannery Clothing Company is all about. It occurs to me that no one has confirmed that Hong Kong actually had a 17" Halloween costume release. Looking at the photo, I think that could be the 12" plush. Can someone confirm that an original separate costume was actually released? Thanks in advance!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yes, I can confirm it. I've seen one on Ebay.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It's cute, but not quite as nice as the TDS version, as expected. Still, it's very puzzling why this was not made for sale at the US parks...

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by updebrooke View Post
    Look what they have in Hong Kong.

*sigh* So the rumor was true after all. Now I really just can't understand why the US didn't get this. So weird... Good for Hong Kong, though. But is Halloween even a major holiday there? To my knowledge, no. With American Duffy fans constantly saying they'd like more costumes for the bear, even on the Facebook page, and after making such a big deal out of Duffy's Pumpkin Patch in California, plus the fact that America is the place on Earth where Halloween is actually celebrated the most, you'd think they'd have seized the synergy here. Idongetit.

PS: updebrooke, I'm so sorry I neglected to THANK YOU for posting this originally
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-15-2011 at 01:45 PM.

• Adventures with Duffy

Its cute. I too don't know why the states didn't get that costume. I think that one would sell. It looks like a better quailty then the christmas one that is out. So sad to see Duffy not get what he needs to go far in the states. Its nice to know he has a shot in HK.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Even though I bought the US Christmas costume (it really does look better in person), I'm going to improve it in my own way with accessories from BAB and stuff my aunt can make. The t-shirt with the outfit is actually too big, so I'm going to try a plain white shirt from BAB and if that doesn't work I'll figure something out. I have black boots from BAB that look good with the outfit and the red scarf that came with the Snoopy flying ace costume looks decent with it as well. For now, this is a work in progress.

Keep forgetting to post this - picked up the hk costume for my duffy. think he looks quite cute in it and the material is soft, plushy and quite nice.

Name:  photo(1).JPG
Views: 319
Size:  142.8 KB