Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: ShellieMay in Disney World by Christmas

About two weeks ago we were told here in CA that Shellie May is supposed to be here early next year. At least the merchandise is. They were not sure about the Meet and Greet Shellie May. This was from 2 different CMs at 2 different times both that work at Treasures in Paradise Pier. One of the CMs was a lead at the store. They both seemed pretty confident in this information. One of them stated that they are thinking that she will be here by Valentines day. I would be super happy if she is! However I do understand the issues some of you have with her coming so quickly. People barely know Duffy as it is. I think it would confuse some people to who Shellie May is. I do know all the stories so I would be super excited to get a Shellie May. I have not read the new book yet but I do know from the Disney Blog that it is different from the Japan story. But again like someone else said in the Book post that I think Disney is trying to modernize Duffy in the U.S.
    However, I still love Duffy and I always will. And I will love Shellie May just as much!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    But do you understand our reasoning? We want fans to be able to get her, but we want them to get the best of her. Not just throw her out there in a hurry.Especially not when they can't even get the main concept of Duffy down yet. I'd rather them have higher quality clothing and understand fully who Duffy truly is before they throw another failure in the mix.

That aside, Shellie is truly amazing : ) I love her
    That post was truly amazing. I it!^^

I agree with the US not being ready for Shellie, but if they do bring her here, I will fully support it in that I will buy her (if I don't have her already by then). I'd be really happy to take her to the park and spread the word about her and Duffy.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That's the perfect approach to the character, but make her clothes yourself, ok?

• I love that tiny bear!

I am interested to see what kind of core outfit they will or may give her if she comes. Her basic skirt and panties are surely very well-crafted (you can see the detail just from the TDS page!) but I don't think they are a great match for the US Duffy's sailor outfit, and I'm not sure they'll appeal to the little girls they'll expect to be buying Shellie May.

On the up side, I feel like the DESIGNS for the outfits have improved somewhat lately (not so sure about the construction :P ) so maybe they will make something that looks neat. Which I can then attempt to replicate in tiny form!

Oh, I'd definitely be making her clothes myself. There's no way I'd be buying any Disney outfits, unless they came out with something of unexpectedly high quality.

I'd be making her things to match Duffy and myself! Which I am positive Disney will not be making...
    Last edited by cheshiremomo; 10-21-2011 at 07:08 AM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I thought about the "default" outfit too, if they decide to bring Shellie May to the US. I doubt it will be the bow & skirt set. It would be nice if it were a coordinating sailor costume with Duffy's.

I'm still wishing that they focused more on Duffy before bringing her stateside, but I thought of something else. I wonder if she could actually be helpful to Duffy here? People are skeptical of Duffy, because a lot of people know he used to be Disney Bear. Shellie May, although based on that design, never was a failed concept. Maybe with both bears, they can finally get people to pay attention. Either that, or people will just get annoyed that there are now two of them, LOL. I have no idea what will happen.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I am interested to see what kind of core outfit they will or may give her if she comes...a great match for the US Duffy's sailor outfit...
    I'm hoping for a Sailor Girl, with a skirt...but I'm hoping it comes from TDS.

---------- Post added 10-22-2011 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I'm still wishing that they focused more on Duffy before bringing her stateside, but I thought of something else. I wonder if she could actually be helpful to Duffy here? People are skeptical of Duffy, because a lot of people know he used to be Disney Bear. Shellie May, although based on that design, never was a failed concept. Maybe with both bears, they can finally get people to pay attention. Either that, or people will just get annoyed that there are now two of them, LOL. I have no idea what will happen.
    This is how I feel, too. But the way Disney has trained the public to think of it as a "girly" brand (true in Japan, too, but not so isolating) over the past two decades has likely created a market in which Shellie could be the key to Duffy's success. If they timed Shellie's release with a truly care-full coordinated brand identity relaunch strategy, it might even work. Still, I'm not even gonna be cautiously optimistic about this. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, though!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

I do think that bringing her out during Valentine's day makes the most sense. After all, it's how they introduced her in Japan too.

Hopefully they don't mimic the "heartful sailor" costumes...they should do something original.

• Become part of MY world!

I also have my doubts. Look in the Disneyland forums and you'll see yet another Duffy bashing thread. People REALLY hate this bear. THey act like he's an abomination. Honestly adding Shellie May will just make this hate grow even more. Especially if it's not done right, which I know it won't be. It's such a shame. Disney needs to really focus on Duffy first and getting his costumes and quality right before introducing yet another character that people will claim is soulless and that would make Walt turn over in his grave.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• I also like Stitch!

Actually, I think that Duffy is like walts spirit trying to touch us in this time and age of darkness. That's my theory on how Duffy is alive. Kind of like a good possessed doll or how the ghosts in mysterious masquerade just wanted to have fun

• Lemony Goodness

Ursalalvr, I just posted there. Almost lost my cool. I'm upset, of course, that Duffy is being received this way (Ugh, can't even fathom if Shellie came), but I can't say I'm surprised.

Last Friday, 10/14, another cast member told me that ShellieMay will be coming early next year. To me, this is still only rumors and I'm not sure how I feel about her coming now before they even get things going with Duffy.

I was surprised to find out that ShellieMay was only introduced in Japan in January 2010.

I did meet a little girl who's mother was trying to get her a ShellieMay. The little girls Duffy was - a girl bear ........ I let the little girl hold my ShellieMay and take pictures. The mom and grandmother told me that it really made her whole day. You should have seen her Duffy. He was very, very loved! I could see how ShellieMay could really put some life into the Duffy marketing.

If they do bring ShellieMay here anytime soon, I am very curious how they will launch her arrival.

• Lemony Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrita View Post
    The little girls Duffy was - a girl bear ........
    This really cracked me up, I don't know why. I think it's the way you said it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    This really cracked me up, I don't know why. I think it's the way you said it lol.
    LOL - That's the way the mom said it to me....... and it made me laugh too.

---------- Post added 10-21-2011 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    Actually, I think that Duffy is like walts spirit trying to touch us in this time and age of darkness. That's my theory on how Duffy is alive. Kind of like a good possessed doll or how the ghosts in mysterious masquerade just wanted to have fun
    OMG! It's like you are reading my mind!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast