Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: ShellieMay in Disney World by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I'm impressed by your Duffy report, Sue. It's very interesting, and kind of surprising that outside of the Disney parks, Duffy is not the pariah he seems to be within the Disney fan community. Aimster did touch on that with her trips to Busch Gardens, so I guess without the lens of "Disney fandom" on, Duffy can be seen for just being...well, Duffy.
    Every non-Disney place I've brought Duffy so far (Busch Gardens, baseball games, the air show, etc.), he's been nothing but fawned over for the most part. I have had people come up to me and ask if he's a "Build A Bear" bear, and when I say no and then explain to them who Duffy is, I usually get a positive reaction. There are times though, there they're just like "Oh, that's cool" but obviously don't really care. 90% of the time though, I get "Oh neat! So you get him at Disney? How much?" or "I think this might warrant a trip to Disney soon!"

On my Facebook profile, I have 2 photo albums that are solely dedicated to all the photos I take of my bears (The Adventures of Duffy & Shellie May and More Adventures of Duffy & Shellie May) and several of my friends love them. One friend commented how they loved how the photos pretty much show the world through the eyes of Duffy and Shellie May and really puts things in perspective in you should always find the fun out in the world. And to me, THAT is what Duffy is all about.

• I also like Stitch!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    That is unfortunate… In my world, a bigot is a bigot no matter how slight.
    Haters gonna hate.

Thumbs up Re: ShellieMay in Disney World by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    One friend commented how they loved how the photos pretty much show the world through the eyes of Duffy and Shellie May and really puts things in perspective in you should always find the fun out in the world. And to me, THAT is what Duffy is all about.

Has ShellieMay been spotted yet?

I haven't heard anything. My parents were at DTD the other weekend and didn't see anything. I'm planning on going to DTD maybe one day next week. I seriously doubt she'll be available though. Cast Members are usually mis-informed or even make up information just to start rumors.

• Minion

I sense that if Shellie May was really supposed to be here by Christmas, we definitely would have heard something about it by now. And yeah, I think sometimes Cast Members like to make up outrageous things to tell guests just to see if it shows up on a message board somewhere.

aww, i was really hoping to acquire a ShellieMay before Duffy and I leave for Florida to participate in the Disney College Program. Guess I'll keep checking ebay

Bookobsessor, just wait until DuffyD does another DuffyPost shopping trip next year. That will easily be the cheapest way to get your hands on an authentic Shellie May, which would be hand-picked just for you.

• Become part of MY world!

Yea, I'm gonna say it's gonna be a while before we see Shellie May, Disney would have announced it a while ago. So I wouldn't expect it early next year either, or we would have heard something by now. Remember when Duffy came here to the states? Did a whole thing for CMs and APs and on the blog months before it came out. And the rumor mill was strong by then. This one, not so much.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

I think it's good news they're holding off. Shellie's debut has the potential to reinvigorate and redirect he brand. It doesn't seem like Disney has decided very clearly how to establish Duffy himself yet. Until they know exactly what works, Shellie is like a potential secret weapon, their last chance to relaunch the brand. They should be very careful with this opportunity; they can't do it twice.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    They should be very careful with this opportunity; they can't do it twice.
    I agree!

I just got back from a trip to Disneyland. I didn't notice any negative reaction to Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May (though I heard someone say something about Asperger's as they walked by; IDK if they were referring to me or not ). Several people said they were so cute/asked who they were/etc. Very few guests realized they were Duffy and Shellie May until I explained (and frankly most CMs didn't know it was Duffy either!). Several CMs admired their clothes/cuteness/etc. without having any idea who they were, though I always made sure to explain. In fact, not a single person (CM or not) recognized Shellie May when she had a red bow on her head. A CM at the Duffy meet and greet thought I had a girl Duffy!

OK, in fairness, the Tiny Shellie May doesn't look THAT different from Tiny Duffy, but I was still shocked.

Once I took Shellie May's red bow off and her regular green bow was showing, recognition increased exponentially. A bellhop, Cinderella (!), and several other CMs knew her then.

I did see a couple keychain Shellie Mays on a Japanese guest's bag (I think a Sweet Shellie May and the red cape one from this year or maybe last)...but that's all I saw of her.

Thanks for the report!^^

That's weird that people seemed to recognize Shellie May better with her default bow instead of the red one. Really... that's just odd.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That's weird that people seemed to recognize Shellie May better with her default bow instead of the red one. Really... that's just odd.
    I thought so at first too! But it IS the bow she comes with in Japan...just like people recognized Tiny Duffy with his sailor outfit probably slightly better than when he wasn't in it. But I don't know.

Even in a Tinkerbell skirt, they recognized her better, it seemed...no one recognized her at ALL when she was in her sweater cape with a red bow.

So today during my weekly trip to Disneyland with my dad, it was decided that we should go to DCA instead. Duffy just so happened to be making his way to his photo spot, so we followed and while the CMs were forming a line area, one of them said that they'd be getting another bear later in the year. I promptly turned around and asked when Shellie May would be coming and another CM got very excited that someone else knew who Shellie May (since apparently the other CMs didn't...) was.

She told that us Shellie May merchandise is -supposed- to be available around Valentine's, and that they'd she'd be coming to Duffy's photo spot as early as September of this year. My pass expires on Valentine's, but hopefully I can renew it. If not, I hope someone can verify this information around then!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast