Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

ShellieMay in Disney World by Christmas

The photographer at the Duffy Pavilion told me yesterday that ShellieMay is suppose to be in Disney World sometime in December this year. I was surprised gifted a ShellieMay and she of course, comes with us to the park now. So I'm sure he shared that information based on my enthusiasm for Duffy and ShellieMay.

I read somewhere here or on facebook that ShellieMay wasn't suppose to be brought here for about 3 more years. Then again, Duffy wasn't suppose to be sold on-line either.

Duffy is also, starting today, October 1st, going to wear a Halloween costume at his Pavilion. The prices of his basic outfits also went up from 15.00 to 18.00. I forgot to look at the prices of his other outfits like Buzz Lightyear, Woody and his Lightning McQueen Racing outfit. So I'm not sure if they are still 20.00 or not, but probably not. I'll be there in a week or so and check - sorry.

I still don't see many people walking around the park with their Duffy Bears, but he must be popular enough now to raise the prices!

I heard that they put up some special places to take pictures with your Duffy at Epcot. Does anyone know where these are yet?

Thanks,

Duffy's Mom (a.k.a. MammaBear)

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: ShellieMay in Disney World by Christmas

Are you serious?! That is so cool! But we just spent so much money ordering Shellie's from DuffyD on here :P

I'm sure that means Shellie would also be coming to Disneyland too, assuming the castmember was right. Thanks for sharing the info!(:

Anyways, I don't really know about Epcot photos...but that sure is neat!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Become part of MY world!

Wow! If this is true, I'm saddened The US parks just aren't ready for her, yet, or at all. To me Shellie will always be TDS exclusive. If they bring her here, to me, that's just crumbling any creativity Duffy had in the first place. Shellie needs to be kept in TDS only!

Oh and trust me LittleImagineer, Shellie from Japan is worth it, I'm sure it is higher quality than what they will sell here (her smile in embroidered on, unlike the US Duffys where it's sewn on, and the labels and tags are just to die for! They come in a small plastic sleeve and they're made out of parchment, I think, and are very high quality. Trust me, you'll love it as soon as you see her!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrita View Post
    The photographer at the Duffy Pavilion told me yesterday that ShellieMay is suppose to be in Disney World sometime in December this year.
    I take anything CM's say with a BIG grain of salt because 9 times out of 10, CM's are usually misinformed or sometimes even make up information to see how guests react. I personally don't believe it at all. People keep asking on Duffy's Facebook page and on the Disney blog about Shellie May and they always respond with, "We're only focusing on Duffy right now in the US."

I still don't see many people walking around the park with their Duffy Bears, but he must be popular enough now to raise the prices!
    The prices were raised several months ago, this isn't something recent. Prices went up back in the spring. I think they raised prices because he's NOT selling well and by raising prices they can sell less Duffys and hopefully break even.

Duffy is also, starting today, October 1st, going to wear a Halloween costume at his Pavilion. The prices of his basic outfits also went up from 15.00 to 18.00.
    Duffy has been wearing his pumpkin costume for over a week now as he's been appearing at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Also, the price increase of the outfits is not new... the prices went up several months ago, back when Duffy's price increased.

I heard that they put up some special places to take pictures with your Duffy at Epcot. Does anyone know where these are yet?
    There was one in Japan and one in Germany, but both were taken down months ago.

• Lemony Goodness

If this were true, I'd be pretty upset. Duffy needs to wait before he gets Shellie because they are truly not ready for it. Sometimes I kind of think that Disneyland/world expects that all they have to do is give us the bears and bad quality clothes and it'll catch on like it did in Japan. /sigh.

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's just way too soon. Duffy hasn't even really caught on in the US, so introducing Shellie May on top of that, is just too much. They really need to focus on getting the quality of Duffy just right before getting distracted with two bears. I hope this CM rumor is not true. I would love for fans to see Shellie May at some point, just not right now.

Personally I would LOVE it if she came here... I genuinely like Duffy and Shellie May (probably a little to much) but I hardly had any access to anything from them until now- since Duffy is now online- but Im sure I am not the only one who is excited for them to be here...
    2008- Off site
    2010- Pop Century
    2011- Contemporary

• Lemony Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Surahrah View Post
    Personally I would LOVE it if she came here... I genuinely like Duffy and Shellie May (probably a little to much) but I hardly had any access to anything from them until now- since Duffy is now online- but Im sure I am not the only one who is excited for them to be here...
    But do you understand our reasoning? We want fans to be able to get her, but we want them to get the best of her. Not just throw her out there in a hurry. Especially not when they can't even get the main concept of Duffy down yet. I'd rather them have higher quality clothing and understand fully who Duffy truly is before they throw another failure in the mix.

That aside, Shellie is truly amazing : ) I love her

I agree that its better if they hold her release, many people don't know who he is

In my opinion they need something for people to learn about him, like the new show in DS or maybe a 3D film , also I like the idea of having options on higher quality costumes.

If they want to keep the "modest" versions they have, I wish they could have a more fair price, for example when I went early this year (before the price raise) the mexican costume had the same price as the Buzz one, and the mexican its just a hat wit a poncho without anything under it.

• I love that tiny bear!

I could see one big reason to bring Shellie May here--I would say probably 75-80% of the "Build a Bear" stuffed animals are dressed as girls by their creators. I think in the US, since the primary market for stuffed animals is younger (and older) girls, there's a bias towards girl stuffed animals.

Of course, if they did bring her, then they'd probably make and sell princess dresses for her (and they could try to take a chunk out of Build a Bear's profits on those, though I am not sure they'd be met with any success given the price difference).

That said, I like it just being Duffy for now and I think it could be a marketing mistake to bring Shellie May. Then again, they mostly come out with the 12" pre-dressed bears instead of new costumes for the bear that is supposed to be your beloved travel companion, so I don't think I see eye to eye with Disney's marketing department.

If they WERE to bring her here, I would not mind buying a tiny Shellie May in tiny magnet form to go with my tiny Duffy, so that would be a silver lining. But at least at Disneyland, often the CMs I talk to are less informed than I am!

• Adventures with Duffy

I hope they hold off in bring Shellie to the states. Why? Because Duffy needs a better/stronger fan base. I think if Shellie comes over too soon, then people will once again look at Duffy as a way of Disney just wanting to make money. Which is true, what company isn't out to make money. But Duffy if done right is so much more then money. He can bring a lot of joy if people would look at him for who is, not for what they think Disney is doing. So I hope they let Duffy find his fan base and help him to do so. The holiday decor at his photo spot is a great start. They then need to up grade the costumes (with keeping the cost down for now, remembering its a bad economy) They they allow Duffy to grow, then later they can do what TDS is doing and have to lines of clothing, where one is more pricey. Which is what I have wished Disney State Side would already do. So those who want nice things like TDS quality(but different costumes please, making a reason for guest to travel). Anyhow, I really hope Disney allows Duffy to establish himself. Although I do see Gadget, point in that most BaB are girls and the really cute clothing is for a girl. So maybe that is why Disney is thinking of bring over Shellie.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Munchings & Crunchings

While I was at Build-a-Bear yesterday getting my Duffy sewn up, I overheard parents commenting that most of the clothes were girl clothes. It's true. I would say that about 75% of the stuff at BAB is for girls. So, yes, Shellie May could capitalize on that audience, and allow Disney to sell princess stuff for her.

The thing is, BAB already has that stuff, so why double dip like that...again? They're already doing it with the Buzz & Woody costumes for Duffy though...

On one hand, it would be nice to get Shellie May into fan's hands at an affordable price, and in a convenient way. However, since Duffy has not become a phenomenon in America yet, it could just further dilute the character. I'm not against having Shellie May in America at all, but I wish Duffy were much more popular here first.

• Adventures with Duffy

I would agree that BaB is 75% girl stuff. Before Shellie I was always complaining, they needed more boy clothing. BaB has a lot of princess stuff so I would hope Disney would bring out the other femail characters that are missing like Minnie, Dasiy, ect.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I could see one big reason to bring Shellie May here--I would say probably 75-80% of the "Build a Bear" stuffed animals are dressed as girls by their creators. I think in the US, since the primary market for stuffed animals is younger (and older) girls, there's a bias towards girl stuffed animals.
    I am SO in the minority. I'm a girl and even as a kid, 95% of my stuffed animals were "boys". I never liked "girlie" stuff until I was older.

• Minion

I agree with you, Gadget. That's actually the first thing I thought of when I read this thread. I was at BaB for the first time in a long time a couple weeks ago looking for some things for Li'l D, and I got frustrated at the lack of boy clothes. Mostly it's just sports jerseys or "occupational" stuff (fireman, military, etc.) Very little in the way of casual clothing. On the other hand, there's tons of girl clothes, all adorable and, for a second, made me wonder why I didn't just turn Lil D into a girl.

Anyway, because of that, I can totally see Disney's reasoning for bringing over Shellie May (if the rumor is true). Not saying I agree with it, but if they think they can sell more bears by appealing more to little girls (main U.S. demographic for teddy bears) who want to dress up a girl bear in cute girly clothes, they'll do it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast