Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Cannery clothing collection special announcement!!!

Got some clarification today that may change some minds. There will only be TWO of these in the year. This one is Autumn/Winter Spring/Summer, and there will be ~one~ more next year for Spring/Summer Autumn/Winter. They are not technically "limited," but they will NOT be restocked after the first run sells out, so they are a kind of special edition. The packaging will also be different, like a "garment bag," and they will ~not~ use a cardboard hanger, although I could not confirm the alternate material. Given these circumstances, I no longer feel any reservation about the pricing.I will go TOMORROW. Sorry for the late notice, but I'm afraid these will go very, very fast. If you've used DuffyPost before, I'll accept requests ONLY for CCC items. As long as you make the PayPal transfer TONIGHT, I'll pick them up for you. I might make exceptions for folks who can make the transfer BEFORE TOMORROW AFTERNOON, but that's it. They don't expect these to still be around for the Christmas trip in November. Because of the time crunch, I'll do these at the 25% rate. Don't wait for me to reply (although I will tonight after work^^); go ahead and transfer funds if you want these. I will NOT purchase for anyone whose transfer I can't confirm.A note about PayPal:If you use your bank account or deposited PayPal balance (not credit or debit card) and select "personal payment" and "gift," neither of us should be charged fees!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-28-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Looking at the 1/6 CCC release, there must have been some miscommunication about the seasons... This makes much more sense.^^

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Cannery clothing collection special announcement!!!

OOOOOOooooooh! Now that I know this, I want them SO bad, but I absolutely can't afford them right now! Oh well, please take tons of pics! I wanna see how it's presented! Thanks for the info and the offer!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

This does make it a little more "bearable" pun intended. I was doing some thinking about these costumes compared to previous sets, and your new information makes it even more clear.

In the past, OLC has released the usual holiday costumes for Duffy and Shellie May. We would get something for Valentine's day, then Halloween and Christmas. Sometimes there would be 2 or 3 costumes for each holiday. For example, in 2009 there were 3 Halloween costumes released for Duffy. Granted, one was part of a different line, but still.

Speaking of those different lines, they had a "themed" one going all year. First it was with Tokyo Disneyland's 25th anniversary, and there were a total of 12 costumes (one a month) released from April 2008 to April 2009. That's in addition to the holiday costumes.

Then, in 2009 they started "Cape Cod Seasons" and released 6 costumes throughout the year (not counting holiday costumes). Then, when Shellie May was introduced in 2010 they started the "Hello from Cape Cod" series. There were also 6 costumes during the year. Each of them were around $30 to $40 each. And, with Shellie May, of course the quantity doubled.

So, during a given year in the past, if you bought every costume, you would spend hundreds of dollars. It could average to 10 costumes a year (for each bear) or more. You could end up paying $800 on Duffy costumes.

Now, with this Cannery Clothing Company series, they are only going to release two a year at 8900 Yen. If they do not do another series (which I hope they don't); this could end up "cheaper" than it was in the past. The holiday costumes will still be around, but then you'll "only" have to buy 2 sets of expensive ones the whole year.

I'm just trying to rationalize it by comparing it to past Duffy trends. Money is money, and if you can't afford it, there is nothing more to say about it. However, by looking at the past, I can see that if they truly only have this one special collection throughout the year, then it's kind of similar to what they used to do.

Maybe "Cape Cod Seasons" and "Hello from Cape Cod" were the precursors to "Cannery Clothing Company"?

• i heart plunging v-necks

DD, I'm interested in purchasing the CCC items but I'm a newcomer to Duffy Post. Please let me know which paypal account I should transfer funds to. Thanks so much!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• ~*Princess*~

If only I could afford them or even just one.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The one thing, besides the actual costumes, that I'm looking forward to seeing is the packaging. I love packaging design, and the fact that you found out it will be a "garment bag" of sorts, and there will be no cardboard hanger makes me excited. Maybe a dumb thing to get excited about, but it's the little things.
    Last edited by gurgi; 10-06-2011 at 06:53 PM.

I'm sure the number one question on everyone's mind is, "Is it worth it?" Well, that depends.

If you really love the design, then yes, you will be very impressed with how well it's been executed and the quality of the details...IF - and only if - you are very careful about selecting your particular costume or have someone you trust to do that for you. I cannot stress enough how much I do not recommend buying this without visual confirmation of your actual, specific costume. Especially when it comes to Shellie May's jacket pockets, some of them were just shockingly shabby - crooked, or with stripes cut off in ways that just screamed "careless." Not only the pockets, though. Some had stray threads (one I saw even had a whole row of untightened seam "loops") and on some the embroidery wasn't woven tightly enough or had stray thread in the mesh. Some had misalignments with the striped pattern along hemlines... I was fairly shocked, to say the least. But when all of these things are carefully avoided, yes, I'd say it's worth the extra cost for the special release, provided you really like the design. In fact, as long as you're sure you get a "good" one, I'd say it's highly valuable, since finding a costume that avoids all of these issues takes a considerable amount of time, attention and effort.

For those actually coming to TDS and planning to buy this set, the red flags for Shellie are her jacket pockets. You wanna avoid the ones that have a cut-off blue stripe at the bottom, and equally avoid those that have the top stitch going through the blue stripe pattern, calling unflattering attention to the stripe. If you're very lucky, you can find one with the white stitch on the white part of the pattern, just under the blue stripe at the top of the pocket. In this case, the stitch is not immediately noticeable, but it adds an accent to both the pocket construction and the stripe pattern that is instantly observed, though very subtle. This is the ideal pocket, I think.

For Duffy, it's less an issue since the pockets are consistently one white stripe across a field of navy, and solid navy on either side. However, the placement of the pockets is important. Personally, I thought they look best either centered between two white stripes or with the top one beginning in blue. Surprisingly, I didn't think it looked as good when the pocket lined up perfectly with the stripe pattern on the jacket; it felt like it lost some impact that way.

The next thing is checking for loose or untidy seams. None of them are absolutely perfect, but some are exceptionally shoddy, so be careful. The differences in placement, seam beauty and overall construction actually varied so widely that I was conscious of the fact that each of these pockets was actually placed and stitched by a human being, some caring more than others. I had a genuine moment of gratitude for the factory worker (perhaps even the same one^^) who prepared all of the costumes I ultimately purchased. I suppose it also bears mentioning that the tags say "Made in China," not Vietnam, which I had expected for some reason.

When it's been quality-checked, the details are genuinely impressive: sewn-on piping, woven patterns (both stripes and tartan), beautiful printed dye work (Shellie May's dots actually appear to be undyed "holes" in a sheet of fully indigo-printed fabric - it's hard to really describe how beautiful this is and I'm too tired for photos at the moment), so many different kinds of materials, interesting rounded cuts on sleeves and hems, gorgeous shoes that actually fit... The details are there. The material for both Shellie's leggings and Duffy's pants has a complex texture that can't be fully appreciated from the web photos.

I was personally disappointed that the buttons are anchors, not Mickey or Duffy marks, but that's in keeping with Duffy buttons for a long time, and does make for a more classic look, which I think they were really aiming for. The shoes don't have the Duffy paw mark (but I imagine this is intentional, to keep the line classic and "sophisticated" rather than "playful"). I was even more disappointed that the soles of the shoes are not rubber, but rather a soft textured material. I imagine that for most Duffy fans this is actually preferable, though, because it keeps Duffy soft and huggable even when fully dressed. I think the team made the right decision here; it's just not what I personally hoped for. I am capable of separating what I want from what I think is right; it's important that you know that for my other post coming up about the "new" Duffy storybook.

The big star here, though, to my surprise, is the packaging. I it! It's like a clear plastic garment bag with a fairly sturdy plastic hanger. I wish all future Duffy releases would come with these bags. The hanger is actually big enough to hang in a closet, which is where the costumes I purchased are being stored until I can ship them (and everything else!^^) out this week.

Since no one's posted pics yet, I found these on deepdisney

http://www2.deepdisney.com/mobile/da.../1110070a.html

The packaging is cute, but not what I was expecting! Hahah, I wasn't sure what you guys meant by garment bag, but I always misinterpret things. Oh well, wish I could get them, but for the price, to me, I don't think it's worth it IMO.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Thumbs up Re: Cannery clothing collection special announcement!!!

Introducing...

The Duffy Costume...and Shellie's is very nice, too.^^
    (click images for official site)

I have never been so excited about a costume release...ever. I just hope I'm equally impressed with an improvement in consistent construction quality as I am with the new designs. If so, I see much better value-for-money with this release and I'm gonna go ahead and call these a "must-buy" where the previous release was just highly recommended...but with reservations outlined above. Assuming they've taken care of the QC issues, my only concern now is how Spring Voyage can possibly go further?

DuffyPost mark-up for these will be just +25% (even cheaper than before to off-set the slightly higher price of this release^^) If you get Sweet Duffy merchandise on 1/20 too, you'll only pay Park fees once and I'll combine shipping. Tell you what, we'll make the Gratuity just +20% if you get both CCC outfits. I'm still planning to go 1/20 for Sweet Duffy launch, so save everything else for then (and if the new CCC outfits are still available, I'll still offer the +25% on this item only).
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-08-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Misremembered gratuity rate.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG! Those are AWESOME!!! Sadly way too expensive for me though. But those are the CUTEST costumes I have ever seen!!!

OMG! I LOVE Duffy's! Shellie's is eh for me. Not really my style but Duffy's is just WOW! ok, I gotta save up a lot for these!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    OMG! I LOVE Duffy's! Shellie's is eh for me. Not really my style but Duffy's is just WOW! ok, I gotta save up a lot for these!
    Agree, generally I adore Shellie's outfits more than Duffy's, but this one is a odd may it's 'cause it looks tomboyish in comparation to the previous ones.

Hmm not sure but it appears it's the dark red and black coat that looks odd next to the light pastel pink boots .

Duffy's is impressive, the details jacket reminds me of the custom bears some people make wit mohair and high quality fabrics the belt is the best part, it even looks better than many real jackets for people I have seen.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG with the exchange rate, those costumes are $125 US each! I don't even spend that much on one outfit for MYSELF!

Red Face Re: Cannery clothing collection special announcement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    OMG with the exchange rate, those costumes are $125 US each! I don't even spend that much on one outfit for MYSELF!
    ...I know!......Right?...

...but, but...

......but I them!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I have a hard time buying myself something this expensive! I want them though, and have to figure out a way to do it. This is better than the last set too. But, with the new 10th costumes, Sweet Duffy, AND Spring Voyage...ouch!!

I love the jacket on Duffy, and I also love Shellie's plaid poncho.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast