Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Duffy plushie ornament!

I'm at WDW right now and got a surprise when I popped in the Christmas shop at Downtown Disney... They have little plushie Duffy Christmas ornaments! They're the size of the magnet & keychain and he's wearing a red scarf. They're $8.95. I'd post a photo, but I only have my phone with me. I'll post photos when Im back home this weekend. I bought one for me & my mom.

• Lemony Goodness

Re: Duffy plushie ornament!

/Squeeeeeeeeeee! I can't wait to sneak one on the tree! And that's a reasonable price, too.

EDIT: I found it on ebay! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Duffy...9#ht_841wt_754
    Last edited by LilTeacup; 10-06-2011 at 12:06 PM.

• Future Indy Castmember

I'm so getting this for my tree. Me and Duffy have something special for all of you this holiday season.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I love that tiny bear!

Thanks for the info! Do they all look like that, I wonder? His eyes look off to me...I love Duffy but for the price I'd be tempted to just buy another magnet one and have him "hug" the tree or even make him a fleece scarf (crazy-easy) and sew a ribbon on him for a hanger.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I noticed his eyes too. They're way too far apart. He's "off model". The keychains and magnets look much better. Maybe that one was just an anomaly or something. The QC might be bad at the Duffy factory...

Most of the ones I saw had smushed faces. I went through them all & picked the 2 best for my mom & I. The ones I picked are cute. I'll post picks this weekend when I'm back home.

• Become part of MY world!

eh, not really enticing to me, and like others said, he looks weird, beady little eyes, smooched faced and only a scarf added? I'd expect way more, the plush outfits for the fab five are cute and have full costumes, why not the Duffy one?

see

http://www.disneystore.com/plush-mic...C10676026%257C

and these are on sale for 4.99! These are way cuter, come on Disney, you can do better.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, those are adorable! I love the Donald Snowman one. Yeah, they could have done better with Duffy.

Oh, and I can't wait to see what you're planning, Forbidden Eye! A Christmas surprise?

• ~*Princess*~

Well, technically Pluto just has antlers added--also one accessory :P And Donald only really has a hat besides a scarf as well. So it's really only Mickey and Minnie who are really decked out.

• I love that tiny bear!

I think Donald is "wearing" a snowman suit. Either that or he has really let himself go. Just antlers for Pluto, and, like Duffy, Pluto is not required to wear clothes the way Mickey/Minnie/Donald are. (Though unlike Duffy, Pluto rarely DOES wear clothes. Still, most the Duffy merchandise in DL doesn't have any clothing on him by default.)

I think the Mickey/etc. plushie ornaments are much cuter! But I'll reserve my judgment on the Duffy ornament until Aimster's photos.

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I think Donald is "wearing" a snowman suit. Either that or he has really let himself go. Just antlers for Pluto, and, like Duffy, Pluto is not required to wear clothes the way Mickey/Minnie/Donald are. (Though unlike Duffy, Pluto rarely DOES wear clothes. Still, most the Duffy merchandise in DL doesn't have any clothing on him by default.)

I think the Mickey/etc. plushie ornaments are much cuter! But I'll reserve my judgment on the Duffy ornament until Aimster's photos.
    Oh, that explains it XD Yeah, that makes more sense... still, regardless, Pluto does only have one accessory. And as you said, Duffy's merchandise doesn't really have him with clothes most of the time.

• Become part of MY world!

That was my point. They don't have him with clothes, which is something, to me, that is just cheap. The scarf, to me, just doesn't cut it. It's kinda lame actually. At least put on a santa hat or something, and those other plush ornaments aren't off model like the Duffy one, I just really don't like how his face looks. It's kinda creepy! LOL
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• ~*Princess*~

Well, having it with just a scarf can make it just Holiday instead of Christmas for people who celebrate other things. I just don't think it's too big of an issue--not to mention it is the first time they did a Duffy ornament so it's not too surprised it's a bit off. I thought it was kind of cute.

• I also like Stitch!

for what it was

Ok here's the one I picked out for myself:

Here he is in comparison to the keychain. As you can see the keychain quality is much better, but you can also see the ornament is also a bit bigger (by a head).
    Last edited by aimster; 10-08-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast