Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Duffy & Shellie May's Epic WDW Adventure

So last night we got back from 2 days at WDW and had a blast!

On Thursday, we went to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom.

Hello, Dumbo!

Our first stops were the Tiki Room and Country Bear Jamboree.

From there... Haunted Mansion!

After that we just wandered around, taking in the sights and had some fun. They had a dance party in Tomorrowland, which was a lot of fun as they had Pluto, Goofy, Stitch and Chip & Dale come out and dance with everyone. While I was at that, I saw a Japanese tourist with her Duffy dressed in the pirate costume. She she saw my bears, she grabbed her friend and they started snapping a bunch of photos. They asked if I made their costumes and when I told them they were bought, they asked where (BAB, of course).

Duffy was at the party greeting guests next to City Hall. Of course I had to go see him and got the best photo of the night.

He LOVED my bears (so did the CM's). He was just the cutest thing and I kept telling him I wanted to take him home with me. LOL!

Caught the parade, rode the Peoplemover, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Saw the Villains show, then called it a night (after getting a major haul of candy).

Stay tuned for day 2... EPCOT!

Re: Duffy & Shellie May's Epic WDW Adventure

that looks like a blast. i would do anything to be able to go to WDW around this time of year.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Duffy & Shellie May's Epic WDW Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

Thanks, Aimster. I needed that.^^ Looking forward to EPCOT!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Very cute. The interaction with the Japanese tourists sounds very cute, and it shows that Duffy can be an ice-breaker too.

We actually saw Duffy twice that night. I couldn't help but go back. He was such a bundle of cute overload I think my brain imploded.

• I love that tiny bear!

Super cute! That outfit is outstanding on Shellie May and the picture with the three bears is just too cute!

Ok day 2... Epcot!

Oh boy! Captain EO!

3D glasses on!

Saw Duffy at his greeting spot in World Showcase. It's decorated for fall but in comparison to DCA's version, HUGE disappointment. Just a few autumn-y garlands draped around the gazebo. Meh. Duffy was as adorable as ever and he immediately went for Shellie May when he saw her.

So then began the epic trip around World Showcase!

¡Bienvenido a México!

It started raining, so we had to do photos inside only, which is hard because it's so dark in there and I only have a point & shoot camera.

来自中国的问候!(Greetings from China!)

It was still raining, so more inside photos in the main shop.

We met a Panda! Shellie wanted to bring him home but I had to say no.

The Chinese CM's were impressed with the Chinese costumes. Of course they've seen Duffy's but were fawning over Shellie May's dress. They asked me where I got it and when I said BAB, they said, "In China?" LOL! Nope, through their website here. They were very impressed with the quality.

Back in normal clothes, checking out one of the exhibits in China.

Admiring the terracotta warriors.

We kind of skipped over Germany and Italy and went straight to...

ジャパンへようこそ!(Welcome to Japan!)

The CM's in Mitsukoshi went completely nuts over the bears. The girls working the counter where you select an oyster for a fresh pearl totally squeed over them and were "OOOOOOHHHHH!!! SHELLIE MAY!" and giving me the thumbs up. They were all asking if I made their kimonos and I told them I bought them from BAB, but they were still impressed and they loved how I said Duffy & Shellie May say "Konichiwa!" and had them bow and they bowed back and were just fawning over them. I knew if they were going to be a hit anywhere at Epcot, it would be the Japan pavilion. I even had a couple American CM managers come over and say, "Is that Shellie May? How did you get her?" I got connections!

We then went outside and heard the taiko drummers, so we stopped to watch them for awhile.

To my surprise, the Duffy photo spot by the torii gate was still there, but the sign saying what it was still isn't there. Such a shame, really. It's a nice photo spot.

From there we skipped France because it was too crowded and went to the UK as I wanted to see Tigger (my favorite), which as usual turned into mass mayhem as The British Revolution started playing and we were dancing to the music and just having too much fun, to the dismay of the people waiting behind me for their turn. I always have the best Tigger/Pooh encounters at the UK pavilion.

Anyhow... we went outside to watch The British Revolution, who were really good. I like how they cover other Brit bands besides The Beatles. They also did songs by the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Police and more! Duffy and Shellie May LOVE music, so they totally rocked out.

Yay Brit rock!

Then we went to Canada to see Off Kilter. I've been a fan of theirs for years.

Afterward we talked to the band and the bears got their photo with them!

Wandered around the park some more, picked up a 12" Food & Wine Chef Duffy (which is cuter in person), then decided to leave and get dinner at DTD (good thing too as while eating dinner it started POURING... luckily I left the bears in the car and did DTD alone as their bag was KILLING my shoulder after hauling it around for 2 days straight). Got a 12" pumpkin Duffy at World of Disney. For some reason the faces on most of the pumpkin ones look smushed out of proportion, which is really sad because the chef ones look so much nicer in comparison. Also, on the chef one, "Chef Duffy" is embroidered on his chef coat like professional chefs, which was a nice touch. Also spotted the Christmas costume at World of Disney, which wasn't there they day before and was the only place I saw it my whole trip. It's actually cuter in person than I was expecting and I like how it's separates instead of a "onesie" like most of his costumes. So I can mix and match. Yeah... I bought it. *sigh*

And we'll end with a couple more photos.

THE END!

• I also like Stitch!

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeee eee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Become part of MY world!

Awwww love your photos and trip report! Thanks for sharing!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I love that you brought all of their country costumes and used them in each pavilion. Love the pictures. I also love that people recognized Shellie May, and made a fuss over her.

It turns out I'll be at Disneyland around Christmas so my bears will be going to the parks for the first time, and I'll take pictures.

Carrying all those costumes around was actually a pain, but it was worth it. I had them all in gallon ziplock baggies to get them separated and safe/dry.

• Minion

Wow, cool photos! Epic, indeed! I admire you for hauling all those outfits around WDW, I'd probably be too lazy to take that on. The end results are great though, and it's cool that the bears got so much attention. That Duffy photo spot in Japan is really nice, I agree it's a shame that the marking on it was so short lived. It would be awesome if every pavilion had a photo spot like that for Duffy (or for anyone's special 'traveling' stuffed animal, really).

• I love that tiny bear!

Those costume changes are incredible. Very nicely done!

Oh my goodness, aimster. Simply adorable! You've taken some wonderful pictures and please compliment Duffy and Shellie May on how photogenic they are for me!

The Off-Kilter photo is too amusing for words. I'll have to make sure my brother sees that one for a smile!

I had Duffy & Shellie May out and dancing during Off Kilter's set and they were pointing and laughing they were so amused by it. Jamie, the bagpipe player even said, "Hey look who's here!" and pointed at the bears during their set! I even had them out and dancing during The British Revolution's set and they were highly amused as well as they kept pointing and smiling and laughing.

Duffy especially LOVES to dance. He's really good at the Cha Cha Slide. After seeing Captain EO, now he's trying to learn how to Moonwalk. he says he wants to be Captain EO for Halloween next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast