Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Duffy's Button Box & Pin Cushion: How-to Sewing Projects & Original Designs

Reference point for you, as Duffy may vary a bit on how much stuffing was added.

Torso: 15cm
    Arms: 11cm (to "wrist")
    Diam Arms: 12.5cm
    Waist: 36cm
    Legs: 12cm (to top of foot)
    Diam Legs: 17cm
    Slot for Tail: About 3cm below waistline, 5cm long

If you have a Build-A-Bear shop near you, the clothes there are just about the right size so you can see how they did it. I find that the BAB shirts are a tad too short, they are about 12.5 cm from neckline to hem.
    Last edited by TDS Duffy; 02-24-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added diam arm/legs.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• I love that tiny bear!

I won't tell Small Duffy he's dressed as Elizabeth Swann if you don't.

I made the outfit for an American Girl doll years ago--this was one of the first doll things I ever made by making massive changes to a pattern, so it has some issues. The pants are based on Kirsten's Pantalette pattern (free in Kirsten's patterns at Doll Dress Patterns )--they're too short for Kirsten. For a 12" bear they could stand to be a bit shorter and a bit wider, but they'll do in a pinch. The shirt has massive hem issues but those are covered by the trousers and the vest.

Aside from the hat (which wasn't even attractive on an American Girl doll!) I think it'll probably do for a Ren Faire. Better get to hatting...

Talking Re: Duffy's Button Box & Pin Cushion: How-to Sewing Projects & Original Designs

TDS Duffy, thank you so much! I really appreciate all the information you have given me. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I won't tell Small Duffy he's dressed as Elizabeth Swann if you don't.

I made the outfit for an American Girl doll years ago--this was one of the first doll things I ever made by making massive changes to a pattern, so it has some issues. The pants are based on Kirsten's Pantalette pattern (free in Kirsten's patterns at Doll Dress Patterns )--they're too short for Kirsten. For a 12" bear they could stand to be a bit shorter and a bit wider, but they'll do in a pinch. The shirt has massive hem issues but those are covered by the trousers and the vest.

Aside from the hat (which wasn't even attractive on an American Girl doll!) I think it'll probably do for a Ren Faire. Better get to hatting...

Hey Eeee-va - In this picture, Small Duffy, looks great!!!!!!

• I love that tiny bear!

Thanks, Sandrita! I realized belatedly that without the hat, he looks an awful lot like Han Solo. So I need to get to work on that hat (just need to buy some more felt) and maybe lose the vest in favor of a sash. We will see.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345