View Poll Results: Which has been the most impressive Duffy Christmas merchandise/event?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • TDS Harborside Christmas 2005 (Inaugural as Duffy)

0 0%
  • TDS Harborside Christmas 2006 (TDS 5th Anniversary)

0 0%
  • TDS Harborside Christmas 2007

0 0%
  • TDS Harborside Christmas 2008 (TDR 25th Anniversary)

0 0%
  • TDS Harborside Christmas 2009 (Candlelight Reflections Finale)

2 14.29%
  • TDS Christmas Wishes 2010

0 0%
  • TDS Christmas Wishes 2011 (TDS 10th Anniversary)

12 85.71%
  • HKDL Sparkling Christmas/Storybook Fantasy 2010 (Debut)

0 0%
  • DL/WDW Christmas 2010 (Debut)

0 0%
  • DL/WDW Christmas 2011

0 0%

• Felice Natale!

Which has been the best Christmas merchandise/costume offering?

I thought this might be a fun thread because it encourages us to do a little research, find the merchandise releases of the past (and hopefully post some photos^^), and create a picture of Duffy history. In fairness, HKDL and the American Resorts have not offered as many different products yet, so try to make your decision based on quality rather than quantity. Also, we're only counting releases since he was officially named Duffy, no "Disney Bear" here. I think we should do one of these for each seasonal release if it's popular.

Because of space restraints, DL and WDW are combined. If you only wish to vote for one or the other, please specify in the comments. I haven't included HKDL 2011 because I don't think we know anything about Duffy's presence there yet...which is odd.^^ Also, this poll will be closed as of Christmas Day, so put your ¥2 in now!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-23-2011 at 10:51 AM.

• Lemony Goodness

Re: Which has been the best Christmas merchandise/costume offering?

I looked at all (or most) of them from mainly Nana's Dear Collection. Most of them look very similar - Red cap and scarf, but Xmas 2010 was slightly different. So 2010 was second place, but I feel that nothing comes close to this year's offerings! Plus, I love the color change.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Definitely TDS' offering this year. I love it because it's not Christmas specific... it's good for ALL WINTER. Plus I love the colors.

• Become part of MY world!

This year for sure, all the other years were nice, but it was just a sweater and scarf. This year outdoes ANY christmas offering they've ever released! I can't say it enough, these costumes are the best ones I've ever seen yet! I can NOT wait to get my hands on them! I think what I love most are the Uggs! They're just so cute and I can't wait to see for myself how the details turn out!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm really sad I can only get Duffy's new Christmas costume, but what's coming from BAB for Shellie May will compliment it pretty well I think. Besides the boots to match the sweater dress, the Sherpa coat comes with boots that look like the boots in the new TDS costumes.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    This year for sure, all the other years were nice, but it was just a sweater and scarf…
    While I agree that this year is really special, there have been some others full costume sets almost every year since he became Duffy, with more than just the Santa cap and muffler:

2010 Duffy Christmas

2010 Shellie Christmas

2010 HFCC Christmas Duffy

2010 HFCC Christmas Shellie

I'll try to post photos or look for images that show entire seasonal collections, but it's worth noting that the cap and muffler weren't sold as a "costume;" they were accessories on the extremely limited open-mouthed, "smiling" Duffys (available only at Christmas from 2007~2009) which are now apparently out of production.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-24-2011 at 08:06 AM.

• Become part of MY world!

Ooo, I forgot about the one from 2008! I really like that one. I'd put it second! And man, I really did not like the Hello From Cape Cod ones from last year. It's just not my style. That also reminds me, is the Hello From Cape Cod series discontinued? The last costume of that series were the coats. I hope they have another similar series up next as I still can't see myself affording the CCC costumes.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I voted for this year's collection as the best. And I don't need no stinkin' research, LOL! No, I'm just kidding. I just happen to have this stuff in my head, and I can recall each year's costumes. The thing is, I'm not rating this based solely on the costumes, but the entire merchandise offering.

Although, if it were just costumes, I would still nominate 2011. There are more pieces than ever, and the design is just wonderful.

I do love some of the older series though, especially 2006's 5th Anniversary set, and also 2008's duffel coat. Although, the 2006 set, and the special 2009 Candlelight Reflections smiling Duffy are pretty close. Each Santa costume has it's merits.

So, first would be 2011's lineup, followed by 2009's series, and then probably 2010. I don't know what else was offered in 2006 besides the 5th Anniversary costume, so it comes in lower for me.

• Lemony Goodness

I agree, I like that duffel coat from 2008, however the hat doesn't do it for me.

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    I agree, I like that duffel coat from 2008, however the hat doesn't do it for me.
    It's like we share a brain…

I like this year's offerings the best, they are more sophisticated and they resemble more a tiny human clothes than a chirsthmas ornament doll outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    The hat reminds me of the main character from a extremely popular mexican 70's TV show called "El Chavo" 30 - Fotos del Chavo del 8

• Minion

I like this year's the most, but I have to say I also like the hat and kitschy Christmas sweater from 2007.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    The hat reminds me of the main character from a extremely popular mexican 70's TV show called "El Chavo" 30 - Fotos del Chavo del 8
    LOL, yes!! I remember that show, and the hat does look like that.

• You have much to learn...

My favorite is the one I'm still kicking myself over not getting- the 2009 last smiling Duffy with the Candlelight Reflections outfit. 2010 outfit is running a close second for me.