Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Journey On!

Re: New Duffy event at TDS next spring! Probably replaces Sweet Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Time to break the bank! Already starting to save up! Haha I know everyone will think I'm nuts, but if there really are 14 costumes, I WILL get them all! Hahaha 0_o
    If there really are fourteen costumes themed to the seven Ports, it will be my dream come true!^^ I took another look at the press release, though, and it only mentions three Ports by name — American Waterfront, Arabian Coast and Mediterranean Harbor:

"Special Event Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage (Tokyo DisneySea)

Tokyo DisneySEA's ever-popular Duffy appears, along with Mickey Mouse, in the starring role for the first time in this very special event. Mickey and Duffy embark on a fantastic voyage in order to show Minnie Mouse and Shellie May the beauty of springtime around the world. Three port stops at Mediterranean Harbor, Arabian Coast and American Waterfront will celebrate the arrival of spring with mini-show performances."

---------- Post added 10-26-2011 at 12:29 PM ----------

Who knows? Maybe these three this year and the other four next year?^^

---------- Post added 10-26-2011 at 12:32 PM ----------

Also, I confirmed for sure that Sweet Duffy 2012 is definitely happening!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I'm wondering if this "voyage" theme is gonna create an opportunity for OLC to release a world travel costume series, like the Tokyo version of the US releases? That would be interesting. Likely they'd be themed specifically to the seven Ports of Call. Maybe I'll even get my fantasy costume series, which is Shellie May as each of the Muses from Dramatic DisneySEA!
    Oh boy this is gonna be expensive lol. But so exciting!!!

• when you wish...

Wow, this sounds amazing and I can't wait to see what the costumes look like! I'm new to the Duffy scene, so forgive me for not knowing everything, but I hope they do costumes in a similar style to those very Spring-like, pale yellow, blue and red ones (the one that was on gurgi's profile). Well, at least they looked like they probably came out in the Spring. That dress and hat for Shellie May sent me into cuteness overload! Maybe that style fits the theme of American Waterfront, but it might be more appropriate for Cape Cod instead, which apparently is not one of the ports included

I am so relieved they're still doing Sweet Duffy, because I passed on Christmas outfits for Duffy and my forthcoming Shellie May. I love all the past Sweet Duffy outfits and this will be the first year I actually have bears to dress
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Become part of MY world!

That outfit was the Summer outfit from last year, my very first Duffy and Shellie May outfits! Love them! Haha, but haven't put them on them in a long time! They're from the Hello From Cape Cod series and can be seen here and here. They are very cape cod, but just for reference, here's Duffy's Easter outfit(which I also have). Love the easter basket. I'd probably expect something more like that one. Oh and btw, Cape Cod is part of American Waterfront, so I would be surprised if it isn't part of the celebration.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for the clarifications, DuffyD! It's so good to know that Sweet Duffy will happen as well.

It looks to be a banner year (again) for Duffy and Shellie May in Japan. I sure hope I can manage to collect what I want.

With Sweet Duffy, then the Mickey & Duffy's Voyage, plus one more Cannery Clothing Company set, and then Halloween and Christmas, it's going to be an expensive year, LOL!

I forget, does the Transit Steamer line actually stop in Arabian Coast? I didn't think so, but there must be a way for them to stop to perform this show...unless it's all on the water, which would mean over there it would have to be kind of small.

Based on just the 3 port stops, I wonder if they will not do the 7 port costumes, but just focus on the show costumes instead? Either way, I would be happy. I wish I was able to own the Spring Carnival Duffy costume from 2006, and maybe this new event will have something like it.

The premise of the show does sound really cute though, even if there aren't many details. Just the image of Duffy and Mickey showing Shellie May and Minnie the wonders of spring sounds appropriate for the characters.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I forget, does the Transit Steamer line actually stop in Arabian Coast? I didn't think so, but there must be a way for them to stop to perform this show...unless it's all on the water, which would mean over there it would have to be kind of small.
    No, There are only 3 stops in Mediterranean Harbour, American Waterfront, and Lost River Delta. My guess is that they would perform the mini-show near the landing in front of Sindbad and Jasmine's Flying Carpets.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Journey On!

As long as they keep Duffy and Shellie's relationship still on the same vibe as Twin Stars, I'm loving it.^^

• Become part of MY world!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    h, even if there aren't many details. Just the image of Duffy and Mickey showing Shellie May and Minnie the wonders of spring sounds appropriate for the characters.
    pic? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

This announcement has really put my plans for next year in some doubt. I was really considering my upcoming trip to Tokyo would possibly be my last trip for several years thanks to other potential comitments. But I'm not so sure now. Need to have a chat with a friend very soon.

The event sounds fantastic. And is really something Duffy fans have been waiting a long time for here. Yeah DisneySea has presented the Sweet Duffy before. But that was mainly food and merchandise Event. Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage on the other hand appears to be a full scale event including entertainment of some kind. It will be interesting to see if any new Characters will be introduced this time around.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• I also like Stitch!

Probably only a Tippy Blue plushie

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    Probably only a Tippy Blue plushie
    There's already a Tippy Blue plush badge, which I got in the last DuffyPost. He's really cute. You can see him here:

????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

• I also like Stitch!

I'm talking full size.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Hmm, sounds cute!! Definitely will be waiting for more information
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• when you wish...

That outfit was the Summer outfit from last year, my very first Duffy and Shellie May outfits! Love them! Haha, but haven't put them on them in a long time! They're from the Hello From Cape Cod series and can be seen here and here. They are very cape cod, but just for reference, here's Duffy's Easter outfit(which I also have). Love the easter basket. I'd probably expect something more like that one. Oh and btw, Cape Cod is part of American Waterfront, so I would be surprised if it isn't part of the celebration.
    Thanks, Ursulalvr!!! That Easter outfit is absolutely unreal!!! I remember reading somewhere that Shellie May never had a version of one of the outfits and that's the one. It's all coming together now

I'm excited that Cape Cod is part of American Waterfront, because I love that Americana look. I hope they theme the outfits like that
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Munchings & Crunchings

pic? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
    LOL, I guess I should have said "mental image". There isn't any official artwork yet, I was just imagining the scene, sorry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast