Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Exclamation New Duffy event at TDS next spring! Probably replaces Sweet Duffy.

Thanks to Hawachan for posting the TDR schedule for next year in the TDR forum, and Fukai for translating it with Google translate.

Here's the original OLC press release:
    http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content...20111120_3.pdf

Anyway, it looks like next spring at Tokyo DisneySea, Duffy is being brought front and center...literally. It's an event called (roughly) "Spring Mickey Duffy Provo Di Do". I have no idea what the actual name will be called, but maybe something like "Mickey and Duffy's Spring Provo Di Do".

It looks like it may be something like Spring Carnival, only with Duffy and Shellie May at the center. It will take place in Mediterranean Harbor, and will showcase the different ports, possibly with water barges. It says mini-show, so who knows how large this event will be. My guess though, is that it will replace Sweet Duffy, and we'll get something new. I'll miss the Valentine themed events of the past, and who knows, maybe they'll do both. Still, it's interesting for sure!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

Re: New Duffy event at TDS next spring! Probably replaces Sweet Duffy.

The press release shows the title as "Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage." iPhone is dying, so I'll post more when I get home. But you're right, Duffy's first PARK-WIDE event is pretty fluffing interesting, for sure!^^

• You have much to learn...

I'm wondering if it will be a monthlong event- or longer like the Easter Wonderland event- there isn't much more information about it than the title- but it sounds interesting.

• Munchings & Crunchings

"Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage" sounds way more appropriate, LOL. I knew the translation made it sound wonky.

• I also like Stitch!

Well, this will be very... Strange.

• Adventures with Duffy

We maybe in for something new from costuming. what would Duffy ware in the spring time?

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I'm wondering if it will be a monthlong event- or longer like the Easter Wonderland event- there isn't much more information about it than the title- but it sounds interesting.
    It's from 4/3~6/30. I'm wondering if this "voyage" theme is gonna create an opportunity for OLC to release a world travel costume series, like the Tokyo version of the US releases? That would be interesting. Likely they'd be themed specifically to the seven Ports of Call. Maybe I'll even get my fantasy costume series, which is Shellie May as each of the Muses from Dramatic DisneySEA!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-25-2011 at 09:38 AM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    It's from 4/3~6/30. I'm wondering if this "voyage" theme is gonna create an opportunity for OLC to release a world travel costume series, like the Tokyo version of the US releases? That would be interesting. Likely they'd be themed specifically to the seven Ports of Call. Maybe I'll even get my fantasy costume series, which is Shellie May as each of the Muses from Dramatic DisneySEA!
    That would be cool! I think if they do travel costumes, it would be limited to each of the 7 ports. I would like that, actually. Even though they did some CM costumes from TDS for TDL's 25th anniversary, this would be different. Can you imagine what the Lost River Delta costume could look like? I sure would put the US poncho & sombrero to shame, huh? A Mysterious Island costume would be super amazing! Steampunk Duffy!!! Aimster might finally get her official Duffy fez if they do an Arabian Coast costume too.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

LOL! I was just thinking... OMG maybe they'll do an Arabian Coast costume that has a fez! Get out of my head, Gurgi!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I have always enjoyed the Spring Events, so this sounds promising. And I still giggle at the Style! Dramatic Disney Sea parade. hehehehe.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Lemony Goodness

Replacing Sweet Duffy? D:

• Become part of MY world!

Ooo, I am very intrigued! I can't wait to see what it turns out to be and the eventual costume releases! If it does replace Sweet Duffy, eh, I already have the costumes, so I'm good! haha. But I doubt this would replace Duffy, it's just too cute of a seasonal event! Can't wait!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Thumbs up Re: New Duffy event at TDS next spring! Probably replaces Sweet Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    Replacing Sweet Duffy? D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    …If it does replace Sweet Duffy, eh, I already have the costumes, so I'm good! haha. But I doubt this would replace Duffy, it's just too cute of a seasonal event! Can't wait!
    I don't know why I forgot to reply to this last night, but since Spring Voyage doesn't start until April, I think it is very unlikely that Sweet Duffy will be discontinued. With its unbelievable success, I can't imagine that we would ever see the end of the 2/14~3/14 event without a clearly promoted "Sweet Duffy Finale."

The costumes have been different every year, too, so I would be sorely disappointed not to have more Sweet Duffy cuteness to collect. Shellie May has only had one in the cafe style. I just realized, though, that events at TDR are usually limited to just three or five years, so the 2012 Sweet Duffy may just be the last. With the money still pouring in, though, I kinda doubt it.

I want more info about Spring Voyage now, and I'd encourage all importers to start saving. I imagine at least seven sets, fourteen costumes. Nothing is super clear from the press release, but this really sounds like a 7-Port, truly PARK-wide event, like "Be Magical" and "Christmas Wishes." Also, this will be Duffy's first park-wide event. It will be the first time ever that he (and hopefully Shellie, too^^) will be featured on probably literally dozens of items. I'm also hoping this creates artwork and merchandise featuring Duffy with Chandu and Shiriki Utundu, two other Tokyo-exclusive mascots that I absolutely . I hope we get more info soon, because if I keep daydreaming, I risk being disappointed by reality… Nah, it's Duffy's first-ever PARK-wide event!!!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.

• Become part of MY world!

Time to break the bank! Already starting to save up! Haha I know everyone will think I'm nuts, but if there really are 14 costumes, I WILL get them all! Hahaha 0_o
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast