• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Duffy's Airfest 2011 Adventure

I took Duffy with me to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa to check out Airfest 2011. Duffy got suited up in his aviator outfit and was ready to go!

Welcome to MacDill AFB!

We saw lots of Air Force planes up close!

You could go in a lot of the big planes to look around, but most of them had really long lines.

Paratrooper Duffy says "GERONIMO!"

Saw some older planes too!

This is an American Airlines flagship plane from Detroit.

Oh boy!

Oooohhh....

This one was Duffy's favorite.

This is an old Army plane!

Radio Disney was there!

This was some landrover thing that had wheels like a tank. Duffy commandeered it.

VROOM VROOM!

They had souvenir stands set up around the base and one was selling all sorts of pins of planes and military stuff. My boyfriend bought Duffy a Navigator pin to put on his bomber jacket!

We had a goodtime at Airfest. Was hoping to see more vintage planes, but since this was on an AFB, it was more military oriented. We're thinking of maybe going to the Sun N Fun air show next spring in Lakeland.

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

• Minion

Re: Duffy's Airfest 2011 Adventure

Great photos! Duffy looks super cool in his aviator outfit. Did anyone comment on how cute he is?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

There were a couple guys sitting near the land rover thing and when I put Duffy in it to take some photos, one of the guys happened to look over and he started laughing and got his attention of his friend and said, "Hey look at this bear!" They were both cracking up but they commented on how Duffy was definitely dressed right for the event. I got a few odd looks, but I noticed more people who probably thought he was cute but were too scared to say anything.

I sent a couple photos to my cousin (her mom is my aunt who is making me all those custom Duffy & Shellie May outfits), who was in the Air Force (she's now a Aircraft Maintenence Technical Librarian at Michigan Air National Guard) and she LOVED them.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I think Duffy looks really cute in his aviator suit, and there couldn't be a better place to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ...I sent a couple photos to my cousin (her mom is my aunt who is making me all those custom Duffy & Shellie May outfits), who was in the Air Force (she's now a Aircraft Maintenence Technical Librarian at Michigan Air National Guard) and she LOVED them.
    Cute story!^^ These photos are great, and I love your Navigator pin!

• I love that tiny bear!

That suit is perfect for Duffy and your pictures are really neat! I think it's funny that the guys laughed over Duffy in the land rover…I like to make people smile, so… Thanks for sharing with us!

• Become part of MY world!

Great TR, Love the photos! That bomber jacket is so cute, had my eyes on it for a while! Glad you and Duffy had fun! Thanks for sharing!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.