• Surfin the net with Duffy

DLP: Duffy dressed by European Designers.

I could not find if anyone had posted this yet?
    Disneyland Paris - Duffy dressed by European Designers - YouTube

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: DLP: Duffy dressed by European Designers.

Wow, thanks, Travis! Now THAT is what they should be doing! I would love to have any of those designs. Some are just amazing, and it's great that they let the designers go wild with it. It's interesting though, that these fabulous designs are on display, and then all you can buy in the shops are the cheaply made Disney costumes. They need to sell these designer ones!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That's pretty cool! I really liked some of the designs. Others were a bit odd. The one with the blinged out guitar reminded me of David Bowie back in the day (Aladdin Sane/Ziggy Stardust).

• Munchings & Crunchings

One of them looked like a Missoni design, but I don't know if the tag showed the correct designer after what was shown.

• Journey On!

Thumbs up Re: DLP: Duffy dressed by European Designers.

THANK YOU, Travis!

I love the Stijn Helsen on the left, the grey one with the purple tie. I think it would be very expensive to produce well, but it's great.

I'd like that black and white dress for Shellie May...or Duffy if he wants.

The Chocolaterie Auer one looks delicious, and would make a nice merchandise tie-in. I'd like to see it combined with the white French chef in this video to make a sleek brown chocolatier's uniform!

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac's Spacesuit is fluffing awesome! I'd it without the US flag, but with an Earth symbol instead, and with a feminized design for Shellie, too! This one could actually be produced relatively inexpensively and still look fantastic as long as they don't cut corners with the actual design and construction.

At around 2:45, you can see that someone has created a much more impressive aviator.

Edouard Vermeulen's tweed(?) seems very much classic Duffy, but a lot of the designs here seem over-the-top to an almost comical degree, rather than being avant garde. And a couple, like the cricket kit, just seem like typical Disney designs. I like how much variety there is. I really got the sense that designers were free to do whatever they wanted and it's nice to see Duffy interpreted in that way, whether I like every one of the end results or not. I do think it's a shame, though, to create a promotion like this while only selling the same costumes from the US parks. I wonder if any of these will ever inspire ownable counterparts?

Yeah I liked that grey one with the purple tie as well. And the chef and the aviator. Loved the black & white dress as well. There were some really brilliant designs.

My friend who is a CM at DLP will keep me updated on what's going on with Duffy over there. They're giving CM's a special button to wear to promote Duffy. Only the ticket booth and main entrance CM's are getting them according to my friend and they said they'll try to grab an extra for me along with a copy of the current CM magazine, which features Duffy.

• Become part of MY world!

Wow, now this is very impressive! So many great designs! Now THIS is showing some initiative, granted none of them will ever be made for sale, it still shows and inspires you to create for your Duffy! A GREAT way to promote Duffy! This is exactly what Disney needs to be doing here in the US. Inspire us to individualize our Duffy! And of course, have some of those kick a** costumes for sales! Some of them are REALLY great! Love the space suit and white puffy jacket, the two suits from Helson, the david bowie looking ones and some of the hipster looking ones too!

The reason I love this so much is because it reminds me of my senior year in high school! I had the best art teacher ever who never held us back in anything we did and we did several art projects like this concept for charity. Like we made our own busts in october for keep-a-breast and made our own pair of skateboard designs! We even hosted a gallery at the end of that year. Man I miss that year, haha best school year of my life! I like that kind of art gallery. Don't really know what it's called, but you know what I mean. Using one basic component and each artist making it their own.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• when you wish...

I love the pink coat!!! That would look really cute on Shellie May (or Duffy if he wants to embrace his feminine side ). The spacesuit is also very impressive.

A little off topic, but I love the soundtrack for the video!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• I also like Stitch!

I need that chef costume and the chocolate costume for Duffy!!! Also, the chocolate costume kinda reminds me of Mickey's costume in A Table is Waiting at Tokyo DisneySEA. I can't wait to see if these will go on sale. Shellie May will need that dress and Duffy deinatly needs the chocolate outfit, Boeing the chocoholic he is (takes after his daddy who would be me)

• Adventures with Duffy

Those are amazing costumes. Are they for sale or just someone showing what they can do? I love the astronaut suite.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Janell, I think it was just an exhibition. Not for sale.

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks. I wish they sell costumes like this. They are creative, seem well made and they are interesting.
    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

haha, love the Duffy hipster shades, red spikey outfit, the suits, and fedoras