Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Duffy deal at Disneyland Resort

So at Disneyland Resort there's a deal where you buy a 17" Duffy bear and get 2 outfits at 50% off. It sounds like you may have to buy both outfits (not just 1). I am getting sorely tempted, even though I love Tiny Duffy a lot more than I want a big Duffy....

IDK how this bodes for American Duffy overall. I'm hoping they've just recognized that they're charging a bit too much for that adorable bear and his clothes...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Duffy deal at Disneyland Resort

$30 for the 17" bear is a bit high ($20 would be more budget-friendly though in Japan he costs nearly $50 at current conversion rates), but $30 for the 12" bears is definitely very steep and why I really don't want to collect those anymore.

The costumes themselves are in the same price range as full BAB outfits/costumes for the most part, but we all know the quality on most of them is so cheap and flimsy and not worth the price. Maybe this is their way of getting rid of the cheap quality stuff so better quality costumes can make their way to the shelves.

• Munchings & Crunchings

This deal is also available at DisneyStore.com I saw it the other day and was tempted, but I already have 2 Duffy's and 1 Shellie May, so I don't need another one.

• Adventures with Duffy

If someone already has enough Duffy for themselves, you can always give the Duffy away to a Toy Drive. Some kids will love him.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Become part of MY world!

hmmm this is a good deal, and I took Duffy and Shellie to my parent's house for Thanksgiving, and my sister flipped over them, so I want to get her a Duffy for Christmas. I was planning on making the outfits myself but I guess if it'll be cheap enough, I'll grab a few of these outfits as well. And I know a few CMs that can provide me the 40% discount in addition to this so it'll be a super good deal! Haha AND I'll even buy a few for the Toy Drive when I go to the CM christmas party this year as well!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    …Maybe this is their way of getting rid of the cheap quality stuff so better quality costumes can make their way to the shelves.
    I this thinking; let's hope so. They seem to be doing a similar "get rid of it" sale with UniBEARsity, Walt Disney Japan's own blatant attempt to cash in on Duffy Fever. There are tons of coupon-based discounts through the end of the year, and the Duck-inspired white bears are out soon if not already.

My cousin up north loves my Duffy so I'd like to get her one for Christmas, but I'm picky about anything I buy for myself or anyone else, so I'll probably just drive up to DTD one day and hand-pick one to send her.

• I love that tiny bear!

Gurgi, you cost me $16! You made me look at the Disney store site and the 2011 12" Duffy is only $15 (plus tax) with free shipping. I could not resist.

I am hoping that will slake my Duffy thirst...I really don't want to spend $50 for a big Duffy and a couple outfits (even if that price is pretty fair).

I should hopefully be able to sew an outfit or two for the 12" one. Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May are my real love, though. This is just a soft Duffy to hug.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I this thinking; let's hope so. They seem to be doing a similar "get rid of it" sale with UniBEARsity, Walt Disney Japan's own blatant attempt to cash in on Duffy Fever. There are tons of coupon-based discounts through the end of the year, and the Duck-inspired white bears are out soon if not already.
    So the "girl school uniform" is on sale? Hmm...I might want to get that for Shellie May. Or the other costumes. Don't know, because they don't quite fit Duffy the best way, but they are cute...

As for the UniBEARsity bears...I don't care for the designs at all. So, the fans aren't buying it so much, huh? I guess you can't capture lightning in a bottle twice!

---------- Post added 11-29-2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

Aw man, they are sold out of the Sorcerer Mickey costume! I realized that I could buy Duffy for my nephew, and get 2 costumes for myself, but today, I see they sold out of the one I wanted...

• I love that tiny bear!

Maybe this is their way of getting rid of the cheap quality stuff so better quality costumes can make their way to the shelves.
    This could actually be right, since they are not discounting Duffy himself. It hints that they still value his brand, as only the costumes are on sale.

I think the sailor outfit is high quality (especially for $15) and the sorcerer (if you can find it) is very nice, though I prefer the pirate outfit. So someone who doesn't have any Duffy yet can do pretty well...

The sailor outfit is nice, but looks damn cheap compared to TDS' current version. The pirate costume is definitely an improvement and I like that one a lot (I like it even more than BAB's pirate costumes), but so far the highest quality US costume so far is the sorcerer one. And with Monty telling me they're trying to improve the quality of costumes despite the limitations they receive thanks to Disney's legal department, I'm looking forward to seeing what next year brings.

• Future Indy Castmember

The sailor outfit is nice, but looks damn cheap compared to TDS' current version. The pirate costume is definitely an improvement and I like that one a lot (I like it even more than BAB's pirate costumes), but so far the highest quality US costume so far is the sorcerer one. And with Monty telling me they're trying to improve the quality of costumes despite the limitations they receive thanks to Disney's legal department, I'm looking forward to seeing what next year brings.
    Agreed. The outfits that have been released the past few months really had improved from the starter wave of outfits. And the sorceror outfit looks to be the most popular one since Gurgi couldn't get it (Don't worry, you'll get it soon!)

This deal was brought to my attention while getting my duffy the aviator outfit at World of Disney last week. Sounded like a Black Friday deal but I believe it has a later end date.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I love that tiny bear!

Here's the text of the deal itself. Apologies for the blur and the bear paw.

Aside from DCA and World of Disney, it seems most stores that stock Duffy just have him and two outfits, so people can take advantage of this deal. Even the Emporium in Disneyland only had 2 outfits (I forget which ones).

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Question Re: Duffy deal at Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Here's the text of the deal itself. Apologies for the blur and the bear paw.

Aside from DCA and World of Disney, it seems most stores that stock Duffy just have him and two outfits, so people can take advantage of this deal. Even the Emporium in Disneyland only had 2 outfits (I forget which ones).
    Wait… Did I understand that right? Do you mean they took away the range of costumes, so customers can only get a particular two at any one shop, meaning that effectively they're taking away consumers' power to choose? That makes it a considerably less exciting offer, doesn't it?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Wait… Did I understand that right? Do you mean they took away the range of costumes, so customers can only get a particular two at any one shop, meaning that effectively they're taking away consumers' power to choose? That makes it a considerably less exciting offer, doesn't it?
    Not what they meant. Each store that has Duffy as I observed had certain outfits available (likley due to stock space in the shops.).

Treasures in Paradise and the The Disney Showcase have the most as well as the WOrld of Disney Store (with Treasures being the HQ for Duffy in DCA and Showcase HQ in DL). Since this offer is being offered where Duffy is sold, the best places to make the most of the deal is at these three stores.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast