Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage PARK-WIDE event 4/3~6/30 2012

There SHOULD be a Duffy convention!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Exclamation Re: Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage PARK-WIDE event 4/3~6/30 2012

Check this out from Halloween 2010:

Doesn't this look like Spring Voyage Duffy? I don't think it's gonna be a fisherman's hat, but rather a floppy fun straw hat!^^ Also, I think this is the first time TDS is using similar hat proportions to the US releases, covering the whole head with the ears cutting through the brim unnaturally, and I think I kinda like it; I've always thought the US hat approach was kinda good.

Photos were from Mako-Sunu's Goo blog... Links now broken.

---------- Post added 12-05-2011 at 02:29 AM ----------

Looking at that Room Key, I decided to go on my actual birthday… I was planning to combine the Shopping Day with my birthday trip, but now I'm thinking Shopping Day will be the first day of merchandise release. D-day will probably be around 3/21. I'll miss the transport convenience of staying at the hotel, plus I'll be paying for an extra day just to shop, but I think it's worth it to a) be sure no one - including me!^^ - misses any of the early release items and b) still get to actually be in the hotel and have a keepsake of the event stamped with my birthdate.

Do you guys think I'm making the right choice? It's worth it, right...?
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-16-2012 at 01:02 AM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

These costumes both look like extremely high-quality textures; I'm wondering now if these may be the spring Cannery Clothing Company designs?

Oops...I thought it would just add to my previous post...

• I love that tiny bear!

I don't anticipate buying anything from the release (I'm sure there will be some great things, but I'm pretty tapped out!). But I think you're making the right choice. It sounds like you usually spend most the day shopping anyway, and I hope you get a full day to enjoy Tokyo DisneySea! (Plus you sound really excited about getting the room key with your birthdate!)

The costumes DO look like they could be Cannery Company designs. It'll be so interesting to see!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Here's the official English info about the Miracosta and Spring Voyage...

Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta “Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage”
    April 3 – June 30, 2012

The special event at Tokyo DisneySea Park, “Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage,” can be enjoyed at the hotel, too! Guests can stay in special rooms and receive room keys designed just for this event, only available during this limited period. The special rooms will have chairs set up for Duffy and ShellieMay, and come with the hotel’s original duffle bag for carrying Duffy or ShellieMay. Guests staying in these rooms will also receive a photo album with a map titled “Spring Voyage Log,” and find room amenities designed for this event. In addition, the hotel’s restaurants and lounge will offer special menus featuring colorful ingredients of the springtime season. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a springtime voyage with Duffy and his friends!
    “Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage” Special Rooms (Tuscany Side Superior Rooms)
    Room Rates: Value ¥64,000 / Regular ¥71,000 / Peak ¥81,000 / Top ¥88,000 (rates are per room)
    Reservations: Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservations and Tickets
    Tokyo Disney Resort Reservations Center
    Tel: 0570-05-1118 (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
    From overseas, and from some mobile phones and IP phones, please call 045-683-3333.
    Room Details: Chairs for Duffy and ShellieMay (2 each per room), flower decorations, special room amenities (3 each per room), special items (Duffle Bag & Spring Voyage Log / 3 each per room)
    Note: Guests can take home the special items and room amenities.

Participating restaurants: Oceano, Silk Road Garden, BellaVista Lounge

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wait...you get to take home the chairs too??? Damn! You are going to be in Duffy-heaven when you go there! It says that guests can take home the special items and amenities...

That would be SO cool to have those chairs!!

• Become part of MY world!

Thanks for the info, although I could never afford to stay there haha! But to gurgi, I don't think you can take home that chairs(as AWESOME as that would be) it says special items, which are listed in parentheses, so I think just the album and duffle bag you can take.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I see that now, I lumped all of it in together. It makes more sense to just be the duffel bags and log book, plus the toiletries/amenities. Oh well, I still can't wait to see pictures of the rooms!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage PARK-WIDE event 4/3~6/30 2012

OLC's 1/13 blog post gives the lowdown on the ENTERTAINMENT, DECORATIONS, SPECIAL GOODS and SPECIAL MENU items available during the Spring Voyage event. Prepare for more Duffy excitement than you ever thought possible. This is just out of control!

ENTERTAINMENT

1. Lido Isle Welcome to Spring

Performed twice daily at Lido Isle, this Mediterranean Harbor show will last about 20 minutes. The theme is "Italian spring."

A lively festival unfolds as Mickey Mouse and Duffy invite Minnie and ShellieMay to join them in celebrating the budding romance of young love.
    Goofy, Chip and Dale start the festivities, dancing in step to the rhythm of clapping guests. Several young couples announce a new dance to repay the audience for its lively participation. Mickey and Minnie, Duffy and Shellie arrive by boat, raising the spirits of the festival even higher!
    One guy is too shy to approach the girl he likes, so Mickey and Duffy and all their friends encourage him. Will he be able to take her hand? Guests will clap and encourage him, too. With Minnie and ShellieMay cheering them on as well, surely this young man will find the courage he needs and the couple will find their groove to happiness!
    At last, our Cute Quattro will reboard their vessel and sail off for their next faraway destination...

2. Easter in New York

Performed two or three times daily at Waterfront Park, this American Waterfront show will last about 25 minutes. The theme is "Easter Bonnets."

New York is bustling with people celebrating the arrival of Easter. Mickey Mouse and Duffy are on hand for the festivities and bring along Minnie and ShellieMay to celebrate in the streets of the Big Apple.

The four furry friends will arrive at Waterfront Park in Big City Vehicles decked out with beautiful flowers for the big event, and the show will feature live music!

In the shopping district, Clarice dons a stylish Easter ensemble, topped off with a chic bonnet of course, as she lets Chip and Dale fight over who gets to buy her more things or carry her bags! (I think^^)

Downtown, Goofy and Max sport cool easter bonnets(???) as they demonstrate fancy footwork with a little hip-hop street dance show. Mickey, Duffy and the gang can't resist joining in the excitement.

And the diva of Broadway herself, Daisy Duck, steps out in her own gorgeous bonnet to perform a show-stopping musical number. Ms. Duck is, of course, backed by her delightful dancing showgirls, the "Duckettes!" ("Duckettes" is my original, but I it, so there it is^^)

For the grand finale, everyone gets together to join the guests in celebrating the fabulously stylish glamour of New York in spring!

3. Springtime Surprise

Performed two or three times a day in the Arabian Coast Courtyard, this show will last about 25 minutes. The theme is "Festival of Magic."

OH...MY...GOSH!!!

This show features Shaban the Magician and his assistant Asim
    from the Magic Lamp Theater!!!

...and Genie's in it, too...

Mickey Mouse and Duffy, along with Minnie and ShellieMay, are invited by Shaban and Asim to a wonderful Arabian spring festival, with the Genie magically weaving color and life into the arid desert which usually doesn't have spring. (I think^^)

Asim invites guests to get involved with the magic show and suddenly Mickey and Duffy, Minnie and ShellieMay all appear on stage! Mickey wishes to show Minnie the magic of spring, so Shaban uses the magic (?)he stole from Genie(?) to impress them. (I think^^)

Genie appears out of nowhere to block Shaban's magic (why this is I'm not sure, but perhaps because he's bending natural law or something...), and he and Shaban have an intense magical confrontation.

Genie, along with Mickey and Duffy and guests, then recites some magical words in order to make flowers of various sizes bloom right on the stage!

Thanks to Genie's magic, Arabia is filled with unique magical flowers for a fantastic springtime. For the finale, everyone celebrates by dancing around Minnie Mouse, whose gentle wish has come true!

DECORATIONS

The three themed ports visited by Mickey Mouse and Duffy are vividly adorned with colorful flowers and lush greenery to celebrate the spectacular splendor of spring!

In the Mediterranean Harbor, charming European streets burst to life with gorgeous artistic flair. Easter bonnets pop up all over American Waterfront for New York's fashionable Easter pageantry. On the Arabian Coast, magical flowers with a Genie-motif bloom everywhere, wafting their springtime spell all through the air.

Also, a very special little Duffy which Minnie made out of spring flowers appears in all three ports to brightly display the colors of Tokyo DisneySEA! (Not clear to me if this means a different one, with different flowers, for each port, nor what the material will be...)

SPECIAL GOODS

Introducing "Travel Pals!" Duffy and ShellieMay will each have a small neck strap to which a small plush animal friend is attached as their "partner" for Spring Voyage. That's right, plush for the plush! Some will likely think this is excessive, but I can't wait to see what these are like!^^ *I wonder if these are the little "Flower Duffys," but my guess is not; they sound separate.

Oops! I made a mistake. I wasn't sure I understood this, so I checked with Guest Relations. Actually,
    Duffy and ShellieMay attached to small neck straps will be your "partner" for Spring Voyage. I can't completely imagine what these are like or what makes them so different from the straps, badges and pouches already on sale. They must be special, though, because they have a whole new name…

Also on sale, will be the Spring Voyage Log Book, a photo album with a special map. Cool! It looks like this item that's given to Miracosta Hotel guests will also be purchasable. Saves me from having to decide whether to sell my extras or for how much!^^

And, of course, there will be plush and other items inspired by the versions of all the characters from each of the entertainment programs. Come along, take a ride on this fantastic Spring Voyage, and select souvenirs from a total of about 150 items to treasure the magical mystery tour forever!

SPECIAL MENU

Cape Cod Cook-Off, Zambini Brothers' Ristorante and Casbah Food Court will all feature special menu items for the event. In addition to the foods themselves, each eatery will offer colorful souvenir trays featuring Mickey Mouse and Duffy and their friends. A vivid menu is being planned to unite the sumptuous arrival of spring with a fantastic voyage sampling scrumptious tastes from all around the world.

There will also be a Duffy-motif parfait and sweets.

Here's where it gets really GOOD... Are you sitting down, Janell?

Also on sale will be a (newly-designed?) popcorn bucket which comes with a smaller popcorn bucket attached, designed to scale for the Duffy and ShellieMay plush!!! Not sure if there will be separate Duffy and ShellieMay versions of these, but color me CAN'TWAITED!^^

If it turns out any of my information is wrong or mistranslated, I humbly beg your forgiveness in advance.

---------- Post added 01-16-2012 at 02:58 AM ----------

Lookee, lookee at what else I found!

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-16-2012 at 01:40 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Plushies for Duffies…I was JUST thinking about that today. Kind of creepy (to be thinking along the same lines...I don't mind plushies for Duffies since I like Duffy better than Mickey anyway...why SHOULDN'T Duffy have his own furry sidekick? )

Duffy-sized popcorn bucket…I'm about to die of cuteness over here, even without pictures!

150 items????? Just when I vowed there was no way I could do Duffy Post any time in the near future… We will see...

Thank you so much for the translation! I hope to see a BUNCH of pictures from you!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Oh my, I just adore all of this!! I now want to postpone my Paris trip and fly over to see it.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG... I WANT THAT TOTE BAG!!!

Seriously... holy crap this is going to be insane!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, more than I thought, for sure! Three separate shows...that's great! I thought it was going to be one show using the Lido Isle dock, and the Transit Steamers, but this is more than I expected. Especially the Easter in New York part. I guess that's the next major holiday to be done at TDR, since TDL started it two years ago.

This means that Duffy and ShellieMay could have three separate costumes for each separate show. I sure wish I could see the shows in person.

The merchandise sounds like a nice tease. The "Travel Pals" sounds interesting. I'm curious how they will implement that. The popcorn buckets sounds adorable, and this might be the one that pushes me over the edge and makes me buy one. I've resisted all of the previous ones, for lack of space, really.

So much to look forward too! Oh, and the Special Goods from the Miracosta look very nice. I MUST own that duffel bag somehow. I want it...a lot!!!

• Become part of MY world!

WoW! Thats for the translation! ^^ This has got me SO excited! Really wish I could be there, but can't! You gotta take tons of pics! Eeeeek! I'm so excited! I wonder how the whole plush for plush thing will work out and I wonder if you get to choose from different options! So kawaii! I can't wait to see what they have to offer! Will defiantly be saving up for this!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Adventures with Duffy

OMG, yes I was sitting down . They heard me! Duffy sized popcorn. I soooooooooooo can't wait. This looks like an amazing spring event

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast