Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Re: Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage PARK-WIDE event 4/3~6/30 2012

Quote Originally Posted by duffyholic View Post
    I have seen that one but it doesn't match the Spring Voyage Duffy one. I'm still trying to find out if they actually did a Shellie one to match.
    Hey, Duffyholic!^^ You're talking about the one that's not fluffy, but rather styled to look like it's made of flowers, I think? There is no Shellie version; I have no idea why they didn't make one.

Quote Originally Posted by duffyholic View Post
    Fake Duffy mechandise? Ok I'm worried now. I have only ever purchased the Shellie May wrist purse and the Spring Voyage Duffy head from Ebay. Is there a way to know they are fake? They was both sent with all the tags from Disney Sea.
    As for fakes, NRubus is right, for the most part. The counterfeits I've seen are for fairly specific merchandise: the full-size bears, basic versions (non-costume except Sailor) of the badges and straps, and non-costume versions of the pouches and coin cases. I have not found these to be rare, though. On the contrary, I see more and more of the fake badges and straps, and the pouches, both Duffy and Shellie versions.

The good news is that the fakes are generally obvious, at least when compared to Tokyo merchandise. The texture is usually kind of similar to what
    ive seen from the US, but the color is "dingier," more sandy, less gold and really mats and flattens down quickly. Also, many (but not all) of them lack Tokyo DisneySEA tags, instead marked with Disney tags. The thing is, though, these tags look even nicer than the plush themselves. They even have holograms!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Hey, Duffyholic!^^ You're talking about the one that's not fluffy, but rather styled to look like it's made of flowers, I think? There is no Shellie version; I have no idea why they didn't make one.

As for fakes, NRubus is right, for the most part. The counterfeits I've seen are for fairly specific merchandise: the full-size bears, basic versions (non-costume except Sailor) of the badges and straps, and non-costume versions of the pouches and coin cases. I have not found these to be rare, though. On the contrary, I see more and more of the fake badges and straps, and the pouches, both Duffy and Shellie versions.

The good news is that the fakes are generally obvious, at least when compared to Tokyo merchandise. The texture is usually kind of similar to what
    ive seen from the US, but the color is "dingier," more sandy, less gold and really mats and flattens down quickly. Also, many (but not all) of them lack Tokyo DisneySEA tags, instead marked with Disney tags. The thing is, though, these tags look even nicer than the plush themselves. They even have holograms!

I'm wondering the Shellie pouch is that made in china or vietnam?

A question for our resident Disney history experts: Has there ever been another park-wide event at any park, at any time based primarily around a park-original character? I really think that Duffy is the first.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Duffy is the first! No other in-park character has had the attention that Duffy has in Japan. Even Figment has never been allowed to host his own event. The Country Bears have been participants in many, but never their own. I also don't think opening ceremonies for attractions count, since those are one-off kinds of things.

Strangely, EPCOT had an event starring Barbie in 1994, but I think that was because Mattel was a sponsor. Also, MGM had a meet-n-greet with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, also in the 1990's, but again, those are not Disney, nor are they park-exclusive characters.

Those were not WDW-wide, 3-month events, either; complete with original merchandise, entertainment, web support, special menus, train and other advertisements, and hotel campaigns.

…I realize that Duffy's wasn't the whole Resort, either, but TDS feels like a significantly bigger deal than just EPCOT or MGM.

• Adventures with Duffy

I wish they would do more with Figment. Hes is such a cute fun character. He needs more then just ride.

I winder when Epcot started to do full park events? If there are no events going on, Epcot feels like two different parks. Maybe that is so because it takes two days to try and see everything. lol

Im glad that TDS does whole park events with Duffy. I am glad that so far they have done it once and I hope its not a normal thing but something that happens once a year or every 18 months and its at different times of the year. I want them to keep the specailty of it all and keep us guessing. lol Surprising the guest and Duffy fans is a nice way to go.

Im not sure WDI team would do as good of a job at it like OLC. And I dont want to see them try. Im afraid of what they may mess up on.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I don't think Spring Voyage will happen next year with the big anniversary, and I honestly kind of hope there isn't an event like it anytime soon. Nostalgia has a really powerful effect on me.

• Adventures with Duffy

I agree with you DuffyD

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920