Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage PARK-WIDE event 4/3~6/30 2012

Wow they are very neat, they have a fancy vacation resort style Duffy and Shellie looks like they are ready to play tennis or golf.

Mickey and Minnie are so pretty on their vintage outfits.

I agree is odd that Duffy doesn't have pants or shorts , also more stange is that Shellie is not wearing panties

I guess this set is going to cost less than the sweet Duffy.

• Adventures with Duffy

Cute, I too wish Duffy had pants or shorts. It just needs more then the sweater vest and hat.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    I LOVE the Mickey and Minnie costumes but extremely upset that Duffy does not have pants!!!

I think these are not shown with pants because these are OPEN-MOUTHED SMILING bears!!! I wonder if this means the costumes will not be available separately at all? Usually the smiling bears come dressed. It's very exciting to finally see smiling ShellieMay, and to have another chance at Duffy. He looks a little different to me somehow, but I'm not sure what it is.

I'm REALLY excited about these! I can't wait for more news!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'm willing to bet that these are the "Travel Pals" DuffyD mentioned. The reason I think this, is that the Mickey and Minnie plush appear to be "standard size" to the usual event plush. Which means they are closer to the 17" height. So, Duffy and ShellieMay are smaller than that. It would explain why they have no pants, and are smiling. They are probably closer in size to the "wristlet" bears, maybe a bit bigger. The fact that they are smiling is great though...makes me wonder if we'll finally get the larger 17" bears in smiling versions too?

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Are you certain those are regular 17" Duffies? It's hard to tell from the picture, but they look to me (far from an expert) a lot like they're smiling, either like a Smiling Duffy and/or like the prominent smiles on some of the 12" Duffies....The size scale is interesting too, because if they're showing 17" Duffies (and if the picture is to scale, of course), then the Mickey and Minnie are substantially larger (like maybe 30"???). Large Mickey and Minnies certainly aren't impossible, but they'd be more of an awkward size...I am very seriously wondering what size those Duffies are.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I think these are not shown with pants because these are OPEN-MOUTHED SMILING bears!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I'm willing to bet that these are the "Travel Pals" DuffyD mentioned. The reason I think this, is that the Mickey and Minnie plush appear to be "standard size" to the usual event plush. Which means they are closer to the 17" height. So, Duffy and ShellieMay are smaller than that. It would explain why they have no pants, and are smiling. They are probably closer in size to the "wristlet" bears, maybe a bit bigger. The fact that they are smiling is great though...makes me wonder if we'll finally get the larger 17" bears in smiling versions too?
    Glad a couple of the experts think my assessment might be right. I am saving my money, as this could get expensive....

EDIT: Oh snap. Don't tell me this means they might someday make separate TDS outfits for the smaller bears too? Oh dear; this could get incredibly expensive.

Glad a couple of the experts think my assessment might be right.
    Sorry, Eeee-va...your post didn't display for me. I'll go back now and check if I missed anything else...

---------- Post added 02-07-2012 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The costumes are cute, but Shellie May's is just too... PINK... for my liking. I think I'm probably going to skip these. Oh well.
    I can't believe it! But your ShellieMay is so girly, and I thought you like pink??? Plus...it's the first-ever park-wide Duffy event! EVER!!! ... I am so excited about Spring Voyage that I just wanna skip the next month and a half!

I'm willing to bet that these are the "Travel Pals" DuffyD mentioned... The fact that they are smiling is great though...makes me wonder if we'll finally get the larger 17" bears in smiling versions too?
    I think you're probably right, Gurgi. These images come from a Kirin Beverage Company drink campaign, "Dream Voyage" that will be running from April 23~5/31. They are NOT necessarily - or likely, IMHO...and Eeee-va's...and Gurgi's - images of the actual costume sets. I imagine now that we will be seeing FULL costume sets, definitely with pants and panties and hopefully with shoes. And if we are very, very lucky, smiling versions of the 30cm bears!...

By the way, one of the Kirin items - the tote bag - will be exclusive to the campaign. The other stuff all seems purchasable, though. Here's a peek, but it's crappy quality cos it's for mobile sites:

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-06-2012 at 07:44 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm not a pink fan. I think blue, purple & white look best on ShellieMay. The pink just makes her look too pink, which I don't care for. My Shellie is kind of a cross between fashionista & tomboy.

Got it! She's tougher than I think!

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-06-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Silly double post...^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's interesting...from the very little description on the plush, I get the impression that they come as pairs. It says "Mickey and Duffy" and "Minnie and ShellieMay". I wonder if you are able to purchase them separately, or it's just the way it's worded. The tote bag...not sure about it. It's hard to make out details.

• Become part of MY world!

Thanks for the pics everyone. I'm a little confused tho, so were the smiling Duffys they used to sell 12" versions or 17" or what? Sorry I'm just a little lost. And if they are releasing Smiling Duffy/Shellie May then they'll be the 17" or that small version?

I'm still very iffy on the clothes. IMHO they didn't really excite me when I first saw them and they still don't entice me to buy them now. The full costumes might be better, but if it's like the picture, I'll just skip these. But if they do have smiling Duffy/Shellie May, I will definitely get those regardless of the costumes!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Got it! She's tougher than I think!
    She has her "girly" moments, but can whoop Duffy's furry butt at times too.

• I love that tiny bear!

The old Smiling Duffies were 17". I fully admit one of the reasons I'm thinking these are 12" Smiling Duffy and Shellie May is because I have a 12" Duffy and it's a nice size, so it'd be nice to have other bears to match. That said, the size comparison Gurgi so eloquently articulated is another good reason to think the new ones are not 17", whatever size they turn out to be.

It's interesting...from the very little description on the plush, I get the impression that they come as pairs. It says "Mickey and Duffy" and "Minnie and ShellieMay". I wonder if you are able to purchase them separately, or it's just the way it's worded. The tote bag...not sure about it. It's hard to make out details.
    Oh dear. I sure hope that's just a suggestion that you buy them together. I already ran the numbers and realized I might have to choose between Smiling Duffy and Smiling Shellie May...if you have to actually buy a big Mickey/Minnie plush with each bear, I might be priced right out of buying any of them at all. (There's nothing WRONG with the Mickey or Minnie, but I'm not the biggest Mickey fan to begin with...I do like Minnie but I already have little plushies of her I like way better (Fantasyland princess, Elizabeth Swann/Pirate-type, tour guide...).

The idea of packaging a product many people wouldn't want with something more people would want...sounds almost like Disney US.

ALTHOUGH, if the image is from an ad campaign (wait...Duffy+beer? Wow; you would not see that here...Japan, you are one letter off; Duffy is a BEAR.... ). Anyway, if the image is from an ad campaign, maybe you would win a set of either Mickey/Duffy or Minnie/Shellie May? That would make sense, IMO.

I actually do like Shellie May's mini (no pun intended!) outfit. The pink and the rich detailing appeals to me for some reason. But I think Tiny Shellie May might take after Tiny Duffy's dislike of pants, so.... Duffy's hat just makes me want to take him fishing.

…ALTHOUGH, if the image is from an ad campaign (wait...Duffy+beer? Wow; you would not see that here...Japan, you are one letter off; Duffy is a BEAR.... ). Anyway, if the image is from an ad campaign, maybe you would win a set of either Mickey/Duffy or Minnie/Shellie May? That would make sense, IMO…
    That's absolutely right; they're just grouped in sets as prizes for "Dream Voyage." And Kirin is a beverage company; they make lots more than beer. The drinks eligible for this campaign are teas, juices and sodas mostly. Beer is not an option!

• I love that tiny bear!

That's absolutely right; they're just grouped in sets as prizes for "Dream Voyage." And Kirin is a beverage company; they make lots more than beer. The drinks eligible for this campaign are teas, juices and sodas mostly. Beer is not an option!
    Whew. On all counts.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, duh, that makes total sense! Does it say yet, what you have to do to win prizes...other than buy drinks?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast