Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Exclamation Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage PARK-WIDE event 4/3~6/30 2012

I decided to make a new thread for this, since the other thread's title is a bit misleading and there's finally more complete information, so I think it's good to centralize it with an event-titled thread header. First, here's a summary of the event concept from OLC's original press release:

"Special Event Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage (Tokyo DisneySea)

Tokyo DisneySEA's ever-popular Duffy appears, along with Mickey Mouse, in the starring role for the first time in this very special event. Mickey and Duffy embark on a fantastic voyage in order to show Minnie Mouse and Shellie May the beauty of springtime around the world. Three port stops at Mediterranean Harbor, Arabian Coast and American Waterfront will celebrate the arrival of spring with mini-show performances."

Going from the logo above, I'd say this event will further deepen Duffy's association with the TDS Transit Steamer Line, as begun with the Cape Cod Village Greeting Place being developed right on the dock of the Cape Cod Steamer stop. I could not be more pleased with this!^^ ...Yet it's a bit odd to me that Lost River Delta, which is a Steamer stop, is not featured in the Spring Voyage while Arabian Coast, which is not, appears as one of the three Spring Voyage stops alongside Mediterranean Harbor and Duffy's hometown of Cape Cod in American Waterfront.

And here's a press release about the Miracosta "Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage Special Room" (where I'll be ON my birthday!). Here's the feature breakdown in English:

Tokyo DisneySEA Hotel MiraCosta Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage

April 3, 2012 (Tuesday) to June 30 (Sat)
    Tokyo DisneySEA Special Event "Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage" at Hotel Miracosta!
    During the event, we'll introduce a limited edition room key and specially designed room. In this special room, in addition to special chairs for Duffy and Shellie May, Guests will receive a "duffel bag" to carry their special bear in, complete with the Miracosta logo. Plus, the "Spring Voyage Log Book," a special photo album with a map and message log. Also, room amenities will be specially redesigned for this limited-time event. It's all so special!^^

Additionally, in the hotel's restaurants and lounges, enjoy a colorful menu with fresh spring ingredients. Please enjoy your hotel stay and fantastic spring voyage with Duffy!

"Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage" Special Room
    Tuscany Side Superior Room

Rates:
    • Value 64,000 / Regular 71,000 / Peak 81,000 / Top 88,000
    Reserve:

Room Details:
    • Floral decorations, specially-designed event-only room amenities and Room Key, Duffy-scale Chairs
    • Special Goods (x3 pieces of each): Duffel Bag + Spring Voyage Log Book/Photo Album
    ※ Room amenities, Room Key, and event Special Goods are gifts for Guests to take home.

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-04-2011 at 09:18 AM.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage PARK-WIDE event 4/3~6/30 2012

Thank you so much, I hope more info comes out after the Christmas events are over.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Munchings & Crunchings

That is so amazing! I can't wait to see more details. You have some very nice friends. What a perfect way to celebrate, and I'm already excited for you.

Oh wow the special room at Miracosta sounds amazing! Funny that we were just discussing chairs for the bears and here they are. And the tote bag sounds great too! I'm so excited for you!

Wow, DuffyDaisuki! This event sounds perfectly wonderful. How grand of your friends to give you an exciting gift to look forward to for months. Please take lots of photos to share with us!

Is the image you posted the new room key? I love the personalized DuffyDaisuki inscription!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

My dream merchandise for this event is Mickey's brown and blue suitcase for guys and Minnie's woven travel case for girls, each big enough to carry two bears comfortably. I'd love for them to make something tasteful that I'd feel comfortable carrying on the train that can hold both bears and a DSLR.

Also, I can't help wondering, with all the emphasis on the Transit Steamer Line (which I have seen as "Duffy's attraction" since the Village Greeting Place opened^^), why is Arabian Coast a part of the event while Lost River Delta is not. Don't get me wrong; I'm very excited about the possibility for Duffy to appear with both Shiriki Utundu and Chandu. My curiosity is really piqued, though, about the story elements and the music. I have a feeling we won't be getting a lot of new info for a while, though. There's still gonna be Sweet Duffy before we finally set off for Spring Voyage.

---------- Post added 12-02-2011 at 02:02 AM ----------

Sorry...I guess we were posting at the same time... Yes, my friends are totally amazing. For the record, though, the gift is their willingness to split the room and go with me. They aren't hardcore Duffy or even Disney fans, so it's a big deal to me just that they'll go. I wouldn't feel comfortable if they paid for me, too. I am hoping I get to keep all the duffel bags, though. One for Shellie, and one for... Oh... Maybe he'll debut next April. Speaking of photos:

• Munchings & Crunchings

I think the revised "smiling Shellie May" looks great! It looks like a beautiful day at TDL, and they just look adorable.

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm so excited for you, Duffy Daisuki! It sounds like such a good time! And your Duffy and Shellie May are wonderful. <3

• Become part of MY world!

Make sure to take tons of photos of the room! I'm really excited to see how it turns out! They're really gonna go all out on this event! It's absolutely ridiculous(in a good way)! Haha
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• MiceAge Columnist

I'm expecting a full report of your adventure DuffyD! :-) It sounds like it'll be fantastic!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I think the revised "smiling Shellie May" looks great! It looks like a beautiful day at TDL, and they just look adorable.
    You are too kind. I'm now contemplating new stuffing processes to make them lighter. With both bears, my DSLR and two lenses; it really does become a kind of labor. Also, I want to make the bodies a little more flexible. I think I overstuffed!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Make sure to take tons of photos of the room! I'm really excited to see how it turns out! They're really gonna go all out on this event! It's absolutely ridiculous(in a good way)! Haha
    Of course! I really wonder if they'll only do this event one year. It feels like the kind of event that they would try to keep special.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    I'm expecting a full report of your adventure DuffyD! :-) It sounds like it'll be fantastic!
    I think I will sincerely try to write my first-ever trip report. It's very intimidating!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-04-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Ok, I missed something. DuffyDaisuki, did you alter your Shellie May and Duffy?

Also, as far as a trip report goes, my best advice is to write notes using the hotel paper while you're there. It can be easy to do while waiting for shows, parades or even during a meal. If you're squeezed for time, be sure to do so that night. Just a few notes of unusually fun moments will bring back so many memories in an instant.

Now I'm even more excited because I'm trying to talk my family into visiting during the new event! We'll see if we can pull together the funding, but it would be so fluffing exciting!! As an aside, the term fluffing sends my husband into a giggle fit. Ah, the joy of Duffy and Shellie May.
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

DuffyD's smiling Duffy is a special one TDS released once or twice at Christmas. He altered his Shellie May so she's "smiling" too and he put wire skeletons in both bears so they're posable for photos.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I think I will sincerely try to write my first-ever trip report. It's very intimidating!^^
    Yay! Depending on how detailed you want to be...I try to take at least one picture on or at each attraction I go on/visit. Doesn't need to be a good picture--just something to give me a record of everything I did that day.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    …Now I'm even more excited because I'm trying to talk my family into visiting during the new event! We'll see if we can pull together the funding, but it would be so fluffing exciting!! As an aside, the term fluffing sends my husband into a giggle fit. Ah, the joy of Duffy and Shellie May.
    Please tell me if you come! If you come the first day of the merchandise release, we can meet (I've pretty much decided on a separate, earlier trip now). But don't let me see your room or bonus goods!^^ How fluffing great that would be! Seriously, it's like a 3-month Duffy convention!

Eeee-va, I'll take your advice, too! Thanks for the sound tips!

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast