Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

New Magnet Duffies, Duffy Mints, Shellie May clothes

So I went to Disneyland fixing to buy a bunch of magnet Duffys, as they are so adorable! I figured I'd buy some and dress them for my friends, and get myself at least 1 for a backup and to maybe make into a Smiling Tiny Duffy. But when I saw them…they looked…different than my Tiny Duffy. I didn't like them as much, so I didn't come home with the army of Duffys I'd expected.

My Tiny Duffy from October 2010 (and also Tiny Shellie May who just came to live with me from Japan) are made in China and the newer ones are made in Vietnam.

Cute, but different…(new bears on ends)

The big difference is that the magnets are not as good. If you see Tiny Pirate Duffy's right paw (viewer's left), he CAN'T hold hands with the new magnet Duffy! I'm so blessed that Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May are able to hold hands easily. (Though Tiny Shellie May's magnets aren't quite as good as 2010 Tiny Duffy's.)

The new ones have more trouble sitting up, too. It took a minute to get the new one to balance sitting up.

Oh, speaking of which…I found some My Little Pony clothes from WDW and what do you know? They fit Magnet Shellie May!

And I found one unexpected Duffy that I'm not sure even Japanese guests noticed? (Though interesting, Marie the cat is also on the same tin as Duffy...)

Do you see him?

I don't actually like cinnamon candy (I don't think) but I'll use the tin anyway.

I got a kajillion Duffy and Shellie May pictures in the parks but I think I'm going to start a Duffy a Day Blog to show those off!

• Become part of MY world!

Re: New Magnet Duffies, Duffy Mints, Shellie May clothes

Oh wow! What a surprise finding Duffy in that tin, I'm sure once japanese guests get wind of that they'll be flying off the shelves! Haha. Although it does look like Duffy was just shopped in at the last second.

Love your tiny Duffys, but yea, the new ones look off model. I've seen this happening more and more lately with Duffys sold over here. I wouldn't be surprised to know Disney is cheapening out on production costs. But my Duffy and keychain from 2010 look like yours and they're were also made in vietnam.

---------- Post added 12-01-2011 at 09:11 PM ----------

Oh, here's my keychain collection to compare Sweet Duffy 2011 on the right, Duffy from 2010 US, Sweet Duffy Shellie on the Left and Mocha on the top!

Poor unfortunate Souls.

• I love that tiny bear!

The keychain Duffies at the parks (and I did not see many) DID look on-model, and they were also made in Vietnam, or at least the ones I saw were. At first I was sure the magnet Duffies were very off-model, but the more I look at them, the less sure I am. They are head and shoulders above the Duffy ornament, at any rate.

Now I'm regretting not buying a keychain Duffy! I really like the magnet ones because they are SO posable, but this time around the keychain ones were substantially cuter. I might have to order one from the Disney Store online next time there is free shipping. (I know, it's better when Duffy is exclusive to DCA, etc., but that's a long drive...)

Your keychains are adorable, Uruslalvr!

And sorry for the cruddy tin picture; my camera batteries are very nearly dead (in fact, they died at the parks) and the charger is with my mom 60 miles away, so I'm trying to conserve.

I find it hilarious that the Duffy was what sold me on the mints. (Though Wall-E and EVE are on a "Pixar" tin in the set, and Tiana's on the "princess" tin, so that's delightful.) Now I'm home and wishing I had bought more tins!

I'm selfishly wishing you had bought ME those tins — what a cute set!^^

---------- Post added 12-02-2011 at 03:14 PM ----------

And — WOW! — shell necklace for Tiny Shellie! Score!

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Darn it! I knew I should've gone for that annual pass. I'd love to go back this weekend and buy you one! ^_^ Too bad it's a 7 hour drive.

We did our shopping pretty much in one big swoop at World of Disney because we had one 20% off coupon. And I think Mom and I both wanted to get to the parks, so I didn't shop as carefully as I should have. (And I had so much fun, I wish I was back there right now!)

And — WOW! — shell necklace for Tiny Shellie! Score!
    Thanks! That was in the My Little Pony clothes I bought in WDW back in 2008, I believe it was. There are a lot of good clothes for Shellie May, as she can wear pretty much all the skirts. Not very much for Duffy...I think there is a pair of Mickey glasses he could wear.... I'll take some pictures at some point, but probably need to clean first.

My Little Pony Disney The Little Mermaid Ariel Princess | eBay

My Little Pony DISNEY PRINCESS LOT! 100+ WDW Exclusive Accessories+ 9 Ponies!! | eBay

Probably the cutest moment I had on my trip with Duffy and Shellie May was when I went to City Hall (to praise some CMs) and the guy was so excited to see Shellie May, he asked if he could hold her. I was also taking pictures of them on the monorail and a couple was kind of looking at them and I let them see them and they took pictures. LOL.

DuffyD - I'm headed down to Disneyland this weekend so I will pick up a set for you.

Eeee-va - Could you lete know which store you got the tins from please? Thanks!

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    Eeee-va - Could you lete know which store you got the tins from please? Thanks!
    Hooray! They were at World of Disney in Downtown Disney...they could be elsewhere but that's where I found them, somewhere in the section of prepackaged food/etc.

If you're not going out that way I would GUESS they MIGHT be at the candy shop in DL...but half of that's walled off, so maybe not. I only went in a few shops this trip, and did the bulk of my shopping in World of Disney, so I'm not so sure where else you might find it.

• MiceAge Columnist

FYI - the souvenir Christmas mug that Disneyland is currently selling has Duffy on it too. It's very cute.

Haha, I went to the parks today, to buy my sister's gift and saw the tins! I also saw the magnet Duffys you mentioned at WoD, yea they all look weird. I was tempted to buy DuffyD the tin but I was short on cash.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

I was totally joking about the tins, but if someone is willing to pick them up, I'm certainly willing to pay for them +shipping +30% or offer a "Tokyo tab." They are cute.^^

I'm curious about this Christmas mug, too, Sue. Point us at some photos?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm thinking about taking a day trip to Orlando one day next week and visiting Downtown Disney for awhile. Need to see if they have those tins. I LOVE cinnamon candy (actually I love cinnamon just about anything).

• MiceAge Columnist

I was totally joking about the tins, but if someone is willing to pick them up, I'm certainly willing to pay for them +shipping +30% or offer a "Tokyo tab." They are cute.^^

I'm curious about this Christmas mug, too, Sue. Point us at some photos?
    I don't have time at the moment to post a photo as I have to get to Disneyland to meet up with friends for brunch at Club 33 & then Candlelight later today. But as soon as I can I'll post a photo of the mug. It has Mickey pulling a sled stacked with presents & Duffy is sitting with the presents.

And if there's something you need from Disneyland, DuffyD or anyone else here, just let me know, I'll be happy to shop for you.
    Last edited by Sue Kruse; 12-03-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    But as soon as I can I'll post a photo of the mug. It has Mickey pulling a sled stacked with presents & Duffy is sitting with the presents.
    That sounds so cute! I am suddenly wishing I'd done more time shopping. Oh well; may be best that I did not.

• MiceAge Columnist

Here's what the Disneyland souvenir Christmas mug looks like

and here's a closeup of Duffy on the mug

Oh wow, that does not look like Duffy! That looks creepy.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast