Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    ...Can't wait! Any plans for a shopping trip DuffyD?
    Wow, you sound busy...with fun stuff!^^ I'll probably go on 1/20, assuming everything releases that day. Still waiting for the official update, which will probably come well after New Year's, like the second week of January. We've still got some waiting to look forward to. Poop.^^

*Also, Ursulalvr, I haven't forgotten about the TDS game. The truth is, I haven't played it in ages and I didn't get very far. I'm thinking I'll dust it off over New Year's vacation and let you know more.^^

Eeee-va, probably the Sweet Duffy will be the full costume, as it has been in previous years. It will most likely even include the "Here for You" heart. The only thing they probly won't have is the shoes.

Just as a side-note, look what I mean about the mascot, courtesy the fantastic TDR de ASOBLOG:

TDS Duffy ~2009

Post-US launch TDS Duffy

US Duffy 2010~

I miss the furrier fur, the rounder head and the more angular muzzle with the not-shiny nose (although yes, i see that the new muzzle shape makes a better "Mickey")! It looks like the US took the old TDS design, so why did ours have to change so drastically?!? I suppose it should technically be more on-model, but it somehow comes off as a kind of "uncanny valley" Duffy to me. Maybe it's mostly the wider head shape, though, rather than the changed muzzle...in theory I like the new muzzle. The ears are really different, too; he has quilted Dumbo ears now! The old ones just went up or even better, curved slightly in, accentuating the roundness of the head. These new ones fly out at the top and just look too big and floppy. It's cute on Dumbo, not as much on Duffy... This just drives me crazy all the time!!!...
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-23-2011 at 08:32 AM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thank you for posting the preview pictures! I love the designs, even if they are more cafe costumes. Hopefully everything is a separate and we can mix & match. I LOVE the shoes! Shellie's outfit almost seems to be the negative of last years. Meaning the colors have been switched. Last year, cream dress, brown apron & bow. This year, brown dress, light apron and bow. I like the "Here for You" theme, it's an interesting font too. Kind of retro. I'm curious about the rest of the merchandise now. Then of course, we have Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage to look forward to!

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Eeee-va, probably the Sweet Duffy will be the full costume, as it has been in previous years. It will most likely even include the "Here for You" heart. The only thing they probly won't have is the shoes.
    How convenient. Tiny Duffy likes shoes even less than he likes pants.

I see what you mean, about the changes. I'd argue the muzzle is a lateral move or even an improvement. The fur on the old one actually looks almost worn and matted to me from the photo (a little like my beloved Tiny Duffy, LOL!). I do like the SHAPE of the new ears better, but the kind of creases in them look ridiculous and I think they're overstuffed.

Anyway, I wish TDS had kept their old Duffy too...I do wonder why they changed? I can't imagine the US MADE them do it, so I would think they have their reasons...

Cute outfits! I currently don't have any TDS outfits, but I love these ones! I wish I could actually visit the parks in Tokyo...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylover23 View Post
    Cute outfits! I currently don't have any TDS outfits, but I love these ones! I wish I could actually visit the parks in Tokyo...
    Yeah, I love these, too. What I especially love is that when they're combined with last year's, it will be possible to make a really mono-choco Shellie May outfit with just the lightest touch of pink. In fact, it almost seems to me that this year's Duffy is a better match for last year's Shellie, and vice-versa. And Duffy's can be combined from the past three years to make a brown and blue version, too! I hope perhaps the bowtie is removable this year, like the original one from 2009. I'm not holding my breath for that, though; it looks unlikely.

I tried enlarging and enhancing this photo from Family Walker magazine, found at Megumi's M24 blog, but you still can't see the details perfectly. Continuing the trend from the past year, these costumes seem intentionally designed to mix and match with last year's release, plus include beautiful shoes. One of the details you can't really appreciate here is that the shoes are two-toned, similarly to the 2011 Halloween release. Brown shoes with black soles for Shellie and the opposite for Duffy. Another thing you can't really notice here is that Shellie's apron and panties are white pinstriped, and both her shoes and dress have a rich deep magenta/vibrant maroon..."raspberry jam?"...piping. I think I'll try the dress with last year's apron. Shellie's apron this year really compliments Duffy's black pinstriped brown pants from last year, and I think Duffy's shirt and tie from last year may look fantastic with this year's vest! As you can probably tell, this is, to date, my favorite mix-and-match appeal release and it's finally convinced me to stop buying from other vendors, I think, and only focus on TDS costumes. Eventually it seems they'll release everything I really want. Also, with 6-piece costumes, plus the embroidered heart accessories for ¥3900, it seems like they understand that ¥3900 is the magical maximum at which I don't even really think about whether or not to buy the costume. Even ¥50 more than this, and I seriously debate it. Here's hoping this pricing trend sets the tone for the year and 2012 is, as it seems, a big BIG year for Duffy. By the way, check out the new Funderful Disney Tokyo Disney Resort Fan Club membership card!^^

I haven't seen a post for who else is interested in getting the Sweet Duffy costume? Are we starting that "official" wish list? I'd like to get one.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TDS Duffy View Post
    I haven't seen a post for who else is interested in getting the Sweet Duffy costume? Are we starting that "official" wish list? I'd like to get one.
    Answered here.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

Here are a few more photos, courtesy Kayo's ~La Ciel~ blog. I've enhanced them a bit because she said herself that they weren't the best quality.^^

Still, we can see the new mini-towels! And they're lovely, like chocolates! They cost ¥730 each. The other items are the same as previously posted, but the images are a bit larger here.

First, let's look at the detail to see the new towels. I them. They make me think of melamine and formica, but in the adorable presentation packaging they're rolled and designed to look like yummy-nummy donuts! I never get excited about towels, but these have just got me totally stoked!:

For any scrapbookers, that Memorial Book is looking nice even just for parts. The cover is a little girly for me, but I may buy it just for the pages and stickers now that I see a larger image. I want more details!^^ And now the full spread:

You can really see the magenta accent better on Shellie's dress in this image, and you can sort of see the printing on their aprons. The text says "Duffy Brings Love" and "ShellieMay Brings Joy," respectively, and there's also the Cape Cod logo, which I don't think you can really make out. I actually hunted down the Family Walker magazine last week or whenever, but it cost as much as one of the mini-towels, so I didn't buy it; too much merchandise to save for right now! Here's a close-up that may help a bit:

It's not very clear, but that's the whale weathervane from the first Sweet Duffy!^^ (2009)

Here's one more, actually from my own personal 2009 "stash":

And finally, a little more detail of the right side:

Of course I don't know, but I suspect this may be the last year of these brown/blue/pink designs. Swapping out Duffy's original SD shirt and bowtie but using this vest, shoes and heart will make a perfect brown/blue Duffy. Both the apron from 2011 and 2009 should work to make the look I'm thinking of for Duffy, but I'll probably go with the 2009, for nostalgia!* My dream has come true!!!:yay: And swapping out Shellie's apron and bow for last year's will make a complimentary brown with pink accent look. I suppose they can still add interesting patterns like check or stripe and keep the brown, further adding to the mix-n-match depth, which would be cool... But I also kinda wonder if next year may be radically different.

I will prefer Duffy's original blue shirt with this, but other than that, I also think it's the most stylish version of Sweet Duffy Cafe. I love last year's, but the new one is a little more urban feeling to me, and I like it. Combined, there are so many great looks... Duffy's pink shirt from last year with this year's vest will also be very nice with Shellie in the brown dress with last year's apron (you can tell I'm thrilled about that look!^^). Duffy has needed this brown vest for a while; it's an extremely versatile piece with the rest of the Duffy wardrobe. It may even be just what I needed too "dress up" that plain white T-shirt from the upcoming CCC release. If you're a new Wish Lister and you missed the previous Sweet Duffy outfits, take comfort in the fact that this is the most complete set with the most items to date. If you do have last year's set, though, or even Duffy's from 2009 (2010 was Heartful Sailor, no cafe costumes), I think the OLC vision for a deeply cohesive mix-n-match design platform is really starting to show. These are gonna be so fun to play with!

*I'd actually really like to use this blue-bordered apron for Duffy, but then it won't match Shellie's well. Shellie's apron last year will look great with Duffy's inaugural!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for posting those better pictures. Is it wrong that I got all excited by seeing that there is writing on the aprons, and they are using the whale weathervane? I loved that design from 2009, and I'm so glad it's back! And...even though there's a new "Here for You" slogan, they brought back the classics "Duffy Brings Love" and "ShellieMay Brings Joy". I love that!

These costumes really are versatile, and can be mixed and matched with a lot of things. I also want to try out the different versions to see which one I like best. You could do a mostly blue theme with Duffy, by using his 2009 jeans & blue shirt & tie and combine it with this year's apron and shoes. Or, you could do a totally choco version with this year's shirt, vest, pants, and then 2009's brown apron. So many options. I love Shellie's dress this time too. Basically like last year's, but brown. So many things you can pair it with. I also like that the bottoms of her shoes appear to be the magenta color the same as the piping. Also, it looks like both Duffy and Shellie's aprons are striped, which is so cute, and very "cafe".

Good thing I don't collect the towels though. These are cute, and you almost want to eat them, but I don't need to own them. Not sure I want those mugs either. I'll also leave the scrapbook alone. I will say, that if I was living in Japan and went to TDR often, I would buy that scrapbook and put all the pictures I took of Duffy and ShellieMay in there. Right now, no, I'll just post my digital pictures here.

So, right now, I'm kind of glad that all I want is just the costumes...until they reveal the rest of the lineup, LOL!

---------- Post added 01-04-2012 at 03:09 PM ----------

Oh, and it's really difficult to be sure of this, but are the buttons on the costumes heart shapes? If so, that's so cute! It's a little too blurry to tell that for sure though. They just don't look round to me, so that's my guess.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Oh, and it's really difficult to be sure of this, but are the buttons on the costumes heart shapes? If so, that's so cute! It's a little too blurry to tell that for sure though. They just don't look round to me, so that's my guess.
    Nope, I think they're just round, circular buttons as I recall. You could swap 'em out for heart-shaped fairly easily, though!^^

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The official site has been updated with Sweet Duffy!

??? | ??????????? | "Duffy" The Disney Bear | ?????????

• Become part of MY world!

YAY! Thanks! I'm writing up my list now, I'm actually going to be getting more than just the costumes! Kinda excited, never gotten any of the hardline stuff! hehe.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• I love that tiny bear!

Thank you, Aimster!!! The details on the badge Duffy and Shellie May are really, really nice (hard to tell if the strap bears share those details). The silkscreening is something that would be very difficult to reproduce... Nicely done, TDS!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm working on my wishlist too... just need to know what the shopping gratuity is going to be (I know DuffyD is offering a special one for the new CCC outfits but just want to be clear on what the one for Sweet Duffy will be), then I can send my wishlist off. And my mom wants something too this time... yay! I'm getting her more and more hooked on the Japanese merchandise.

Thanks for posting the link, aimster!

The clear bowl is really nice. Is it glass or acrylic? And what is the rectangular item just to the right of that bowl?

The stickers are tempting too. And the cookie tin. DuffyD included a Shellie May cookie as a bonus in a previous goodie bag and it was deliciously strawberry flavored!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast