Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

Oh that's a bowl? I thought it was a small cup, haha I still want it though, so I put it on my list. I just put 35% cause I know he needs the totals asap, and I'm sure he'll adjust it if it qualifies for the lower rate.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

...Not sure what caused the double-post. Sorry about that. Carry on.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-06-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: My edit reposted, somehow...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'm working on my wishlist too... just need to know what the shopping gratuity is going to be (I know DuffyD is offering a special one for the new CCC outfits but just want to be clear on what the one for Sweet Duffy will be), then I can send my wishlist off. And my mom wants something too this time... yay! I'm getting her more and more hooked on the Japanese merchandise.
    Thanks for posting the update, Aimster. I can't wait to make my own list! Ok, let's have the weekend, then. D-day for Wish Lists and transfers will be by 11:59pm Sunday 1/8. I think as long as I get it moving by 1/9, we should have no problems for 1/20. If you can get your transfer made before 1/20, but not by 1/9 and I know you from previous Posts, go ahead and email me with a plan.

Looks like we'll have enough WishListers for the 25% rate. This will be the last chance at that rate til Halloween, so enjoy it!^^ Keep in mind that I'm going on opening day so you can rest assured that if you want bowls and dishware or the blanket, things that often sell out quickly, I will definitely be able to get them this time!

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    ...The clear bowl is really nice. Is it glass or acrylic? And what is the rectangular item just to the right of that bowl?

The stickers are tempting too. And the cookie tin. DuffyD included a Shellie May cookie as a bonus in a previous goodie bag and it was deliciously strawberry flavored!
    The stickers are an excellent value; one of the cheapest items you could purchase, but you get a lot of the key visuals and it adds nothing to the weight. As for the bowl, the material isn't listed, but I'm fairly confident it's glass, like the ones from last year. If you would prefer glass but the actual bowl is acrylic, or vice-versa, you can make a note when you transfer funds. If it's not the material you prefer, then I'll just deduct its cost (including Gratuity, of course) from your shipping fee.^^ ひざかけ is a "lap blanket." This is one of the most exciting items for me, because it folds and zips up into a ShellieMay cushion, a perfect match for the Duffy version from last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Oh that's a bowl? I thought it was a small cup, haha I still want it though, so I put it on my list. I just put 35% cause I know he needs the totals asap, and I'm sure he'll adjust it if it qualifies for the lower rate.
    Here's a rundown of the items with how they should appear on your Wish List:

SD HFY Costume (Duffy) ¥3900

SD HFY Costume (Shellie) ¥3900

SD HFY Badge (Duffy) ¥1500

SD HFY Badge (Shellie) ¥1500

SD HFY Mug ¥1400

SD HFY Cafe Plate ¥2000
    There's actually a melamine(?) plate!

SD HFY Mini Bowl ¥850
    *most likely glass

SD HFY Lap Blanket ¥3300
    *ShellieMay Case version
    (This is the unexpected "super-thing" for me)

SD HFY Memorial Book ¥1800
    *includes 30-page album, a photo of Duffy and Shellie May, plus stickers and photo corner seals

SD HFY Stickers ¥500

SD HFY Postcard ¥200
    (anybody who thinks OLC overcharges just cos they can, take note of the price of this postcard)

SD HFY Mini Towel (Duffy) ¥730

SD HFY Mini Towel (Shellie) ¥730

...that's right, i'm biased...^^

SD HFY Charm Pouch (Duffy) ¥1600

*My guess is that these Charm Pouches are conceived as an accessory for a larger bag,
    probably with a zipper on the back to put small, flat things like coins or a passcard inside...

SD HFY Charm Pouch (Shellie) ¥1600

SD HFY Earring Set ¥2800
    These look acrylic. I held off on last year's set, but I'll be getting these for sure. Not as human earrings, but as "bear bling." They should be just the right size to work as "pins" for Duffy and Shellie.

SD HFY Pair Strap Set ¥1600

SD HFY Strap (Duffy) ¥1300

SD HFY Strap (Shellie) ¥1300

SD HFY Chocolates ¥900
    *Milk and White x6 of each

SD HFY Cookies ¥1200
    *English Black Tea Cookie with Milk Chocolate x10
    Strawberry Cookie with White Chocolate x10
    Yum! Best cookie flavors yet!^^

SD HFY Candy ¥450
    *Raspberry Milk x 7

SD HFY Hot Chocolate & Spoons Set ¥1400

Whew...thought I'd never finish! I'm so happy relieved to see the Spoons again! I've literally been regretting not buying those for a year! As with the Earring set, I'm glad I waited, though. The biggest difference between last year's and this year's (for me anyway) is that this year Duffy's tie will be brown and blue, instead of just brown. It's like they made it for me as a present. I didn't even notice the dual-tone nature of Duffy's blue-knotted tie when I looked at the magazine. This is one SWEET Sweet Duffy!

Oops, I forgot these!

SD HFY Dessert Cup (Duffy) ¥700

SD HFY Dessert Plate (Duffy) ¥600

My one and only regret about Sweet Duffy 2012 is that the lace trim on the cup and the lace heart on the plate are not light blue, with royal blue ribbon on the plate and inside the cup. Were that the case, this would be just about my favorite Sweet Duffy item of all time... This is one time that I wish OLC quality wasn't quite so high. If that laquer glaze they use wasn't so thick and bright and strong and beautiful, I could almost try painting over it by hand. And I really almost would... I the brown, and there are bits of blue...

SD HFY Dessert Cup (Shellie) ¥700

SD HFY Dessert Plate (Shellie) ¥600

The Strawberry Chantilly that comes in the Cups and the Frosted Donut that comes on the Plate sound scrumptious! I just love that this is the first time this treat comes in the form of a donut and the OLC team used donuts in the design of the Mini Towels and Pair Strap. It's this kind of careful attention to superfluous detail that makes Duffy so special and with OLC it is always there, on multiple levels, inviting people who care to notice and share that moment of connection with the designers, and with each other.

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-08-2012 at 03:11 PM.

• Minion

OMG!! The charm pouch and the earrings are making me DIE of cute!! Such small, simple things make me happy. Why can't U.S. Disney make stuff like that??

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Wonderpup approves of the use of donuts!

• Adventures with Duffy

They did a great job again!

The charm pouch, I wonder if it's big enought to hold your Disney ticket, AP or credit card and ID?

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Munchings & Crunchings

Another great year of great stuff! I'm glad I don't obsessively need all of it, because I can't afford all of it, LOL. Love the costumes, of course.

The charm pouches are an interesting new thing this year. Too bad they don't have images of the back or anything.

The blanket is very cute, and I sure wish I had bought the Duffy version last year now! And...good to see a version of the spoons again.

Is the plate really Melamine? That sure would be easier for shipping ;-)

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lots of folks are commenting about what they like and how cute it is, but I've only got three official Wish Lists. D-day is always on Japan time, so you've got about 37 hours for confirmed Lists and transfers.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-07-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: We're 5x5!^^

• I love that tiny bear!

Oooooh, if only I were made out of money! Actually, if I were made out of money, I don't know how I would type. But if I had more disposable income, I would be all over the brown Duffy dessert cup (no idea what I'd do with it but I love it!) and would be seriously considering the chocolate tin (don't know what I'd do with it either, but I love it) and the badges. Alas, though, I won't be treating ma-self this time around.

(If anyone is seriously on the fence because they are 200 yen away from the 3000 yen minimum, though, I would totally pay you for that amazing postcard, even if you just transported it to me by writing on it and stamping it. Maybe DuffyDaisuki could start a postcard-sending service. )

• Minion

On Wednesday I broke down and ordered one of those 2011 Duffys that are on sale, and I'm still griping that after shipping and tax it ended up costing me SEVENTEEN DOLLARS! LOL, I'm a cheapskate (Hey, I got Lil D for 99 cents after all). No overseas purchases for me anytime soon.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    (Hey, I got Lil D for 99 cents after all).
    Best...99 cents...ever!

You don't have any other 12" Duffies, do you? I'd like to see Lil D side-by-side with a 12" Duffy if you haven't done so already (maybe I just missed it). I actually think Lil D is probably cuter but I still love my 12" Duffy. (Who cost about what yours did ($15 plus tax with free shipping)...I bought a second 2011 Duffy for my little nephew who was born in 2011 though. Won't give him to him for probably at least 5 more months, so I have a bit of time to design some cool and very sturdy clothes. )

• Become part of MY world!

Did you get mine DuffyD? You know I forgot to look at the pastry cups and plates, and I think I want those more than the glass mini bowl. I hate to do revisions, but could I? If you didn't get it, I'll just resend it with the pastry cups instead.(will email too for quick response)
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Best...99 cents...ever!

You don't have any other 12" Duffies, do you? I'd like to see Lil D side-by-side with a 12" Duffy if you haven't done so already (maybe I just missed it). I actually think Lil D is probably cuter but I still love my 12" Duffy. (Who cost about what yours did ($15 plus tax with free shipping)...I bought a second 2011 Duffy for my little nephew who was born in 2011 though. Won't give him to him for probably at least 5 more months, so I have a bit of time to design some cool and very sturdy clothes. )
    Nope, this is my first "real" Duffy purchase so right now all I have is Lil D. I have no idea when the bear will arrive...I ordered it Wednesday but it apparently hasn't even shipped yet. Let's just say I have, hmm..."plans" for this new addition to my bear family and will definitely be taking pictures. I'm also pretty curious to know how a 12" Duffy measures up to Lil D. Guess we'll see!

• ~*Princess*~

Lots I like, but I just can't afford it, sadly. Would be over 200 dollars with shipping and fees and that would be without even any outfits @-@ (even though I do want some)

Oh well one day.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Great news for WishListers! Got some last minute Lists. Please go ahead and use the +25% rate. Whew!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast