Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Danimated View Post
    Here are a few pics of the decoration for Sweet Duffy.
    Amazing! Wish I could see them in person, especially getting Duffy and ShellieMay's picture taken in those adorable chairs! Thanks for posting the link, Danimated.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG I want that flower box, th seat cushions, the banners... *dying from cute overload*

• Munchings & Crunchings

Some of those decorations are from last year, and a few are from before that. I still like them, and wish I could own them. But...it makes me wonder if they will do something entirely new next year? I sure hope so. Also, I wonder if they will ever release costume sets for the fireman Duffy? The artwork of him and Tippy Blue as firemen is very cute.

• Minion

I really love how they have special bear chairs for photo ops. I wonder why they took away the few they had at EPCOT. They weren't hurting anything.

The one at the Japan pavilion was still there as of last October, but the sign saying what it was had been removed. I'm probably going back to Epcot in a couple weeks. Will report on my findings.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I don't get the removal of the chairs and signs either. It's not like it was interfering with anything...and really, how much possible extra maintenance could they have been?

About the TDS chairs though...I noticed in that picture it was wet, after a rain. I would certainly have to dry the chairs off before letting Duffy and ShellieMay sit on them and get their little bear behinds all wet!

• when you wish...

The wagon and flower pot are out-of-control cute!!!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

I didn't have time to take lots of photos and many are duplicates of the blog Danimated linked to above, but here are a few shots not covered there that might appeal to you.^^

The new wall of the CCVGP

Cape Cod Transit Steamer Stop sign

My first shopping stop was at McDuck's, where I noticed they had Duffy and ShellieMay "Be Magical!" hats big enough for my had...and sadly not for sale. I was here for a while waiting in line before I realized I should go get entry tickets for the other two shops and come back. In the past, you had to stay in line once you got the ticket. It took me too long to adjust... Anyway, got the other tickets and came back to shop, which took ages. I found the first "Be Magical!" ShellieMay for Jedimaster very quickly, but the second one...

She was hiding in the back!^^

After finishing the first shop, I made a mad dash to the lockers at the front of the park, then raced back to Cape Cod to hit Aunt Peg's, only to find that I had missed my entry time by a little bit. They really insisted not to let me in at first, but finally allowed me to enter. I tried to do my shopping as quickly as possible as an indication of my gratitude. In my haste, I left without taking any interior photos! Less than 30 seconds after leaving, I turned back and asked if I could just snap some photos, not buy anything. There was a huddle that kept growing and the girl who'd first told me "no" when I tried to enter was telling the others the story of that event, so I just gave up, not wanting to be a "problem." The only thing I ever find frustrating at TDR is the occasional moment when I'm made to feel like crap because of the strictness and inflexibility of rules. For one-time guests, I imagine this is NEVER a problem, but living here, it's just one more example of inflexibility that is so commonplace in Japan. To my American sensibilities, this always seems both unneccessary and off-putting, especially when I'm a paying customer...and especially when I'm shopping for twelve people...in freezing rain and looong lines!

In contrast, though, I have to say that the CMs were still very polite, and all the other CMs I dealt with that day were actually very friendly...

Over the head of the entrance greeter...^^

So colorful! It really does feel like a prelude to Spring Voyage...

...As I was saying, all CMs were very friendly except the ones enforcing the rules (who were polite and it really was my fault) and this one guy at Cape Cod Cook-off. I got four of each of the cups and plates or something...it was a lot, and I was loaded down with everything from Aunt Peg's and disappointed that I only got two interior shots... And I move over to the left-side lane to wait for my tray full of dishes and cups to add to my burden... And the guy puts them all on the right. He makes eye contact, smiles, and loads up the tray on the other side, the side where the next customer is gonna come anyway, because you walk that way and then left to leave... I couldn't believe it! So I put my stuff on the floor, walked over to pick up the tray, lifted it to the left side, set it down, picked up the shopping bags and then picked up the tray. I can't understand why it wasn't obvious to him what would have helped me. It really felt like he did it on purpose, but I just tried to shrug it off and enjoy the decorations inside while I bagged all the dishes carefully...

Tried to ease the glare as much as I could...

Howdy-do, Tippy Blue!

And Duffy, too!

I was super-relieved to see this figure on display again...

...I hadn't noticed it last year, I guess because I was so busy with smiling Shellie and the inaugural Duffy Post...

...I didn't see it until I saw the Sweet Duffy coverage in DisneyFAN magazine...

I this li'l guy!

And I love how well the firefighter theming is integrated into Cape Cod. It's nice that when you walk out the Cook-off or Aunt Peg doors, you see this fantastic old fire engine:

Aw...I miss TDLFAN. It's weird how MiceChat still has these photos, but his account's been disabled...

Speaking of well-integrated theming, after finally finishing shopping and lockers and riding Tower of Terror: Level 13 (which is not different enough to be a big deal, IMHO) I noticed these:

...weird...the photos won't show up! It's like the ghost of TDLFAN is shotblocking me!

---------- Post added 01-28-2012 at 01:48 AM ----------

Now where was I? Oh yeah...

Speaking of well-integrated theming, after finally finishing shopping and lockers and riding
    Tower of Terror: Level 13 (which is not different enough to be a big deal, IMHO) I noticed these:

NYC Waterworks has to be the most ornately themed bathroom ever!^^

And Toyville Trolley Park is looking more subdued and sophisticated than I first suspected...

Hamm loves super-zoom!

Rex approves, too!

On my way out, I stopped by New York Deli to get a Kirin Apple Tea Soda, the best drink on Earth, only sold at TDR and perhaps only at TDS, come to think of it. I always get a big one!

It was here that I noticed something strange. I'm still not sure I like it, to tell the truth:

Duffy and ShellieMay doughnuts for sale outside Cape Cod!!!

I mean, I guess it's still American Waterfront, so maybe it's okay, but I did feel it sort of diluted the energy a bit. The Cook-off, until now, was the only place in Cape Cod that still had totally exclusive merchandise you can't buy anywhere else. Also weird, they didn't sell the mousse/cups...

Oh, and I almost forgot, I just love this shot, from Cape Cod:

A mouse-hunter in Cape Cod? Hm...

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, thanks for those extra shots, DuffyD! Yes, they aren't things covered in other places, so I appreciate the detail. Especially on the firefighter Duffy figure, I've never seen him before and he's so cute! I'd love if they sold a version of that. Perhaps for next year's Sweet Duffy? That could be the theme next year! Maybe they'll finally flesh out the teasing they've been doing the last two years with Tippy Blue and Duffy as firemen?

Oh, and I LOVE that "mouser" weathervane! Such a cute detail. It's very whimsical, and if I had a house that needed a weathervane, I sure would love that one. I like the little mouse behind the cat, like he's ready to scare the crap out of the cat, who's distracted trying to catch his friends.

Love the cat weather vane too! And the fireman Duffy figurine is BEYOND cute! I want!!

And Wonderpup approves of the donuts.

• Minion

Thanks for the photos, DuffyD! I know I'm not a participant in DuffyPost, but I want to say that what you do for Duffy lovers in the States is very commendable.

I'm so jealous of TDS, it looks like such an amazing place. I actually find it kind of sad that OLC understands Disney more than Disney understands Disney!

I also love the Fireman Duffy figure. It would be cute if they made ones for sale, but then maybe it would make the decoration less special? Oh, and donuts are ALWAYS good, no matter where they are! Waaaaaant!

Oh yeah, and as a cat lover, I love that weathervane. I'd love to put one like that on my house, haha.

• Adventures with Duffy

Wow, love the photos and TR. thank you for sharing. I love fireman Duffy, he is sooooo cute. That is a great theme if they ever do it. Your soda sounds yummy.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Become part of MY world!

Love Love LOVE your photos! Thanks for posting! You always have that eye for detail most other photographers miss! And of course it's all greatly appreciated. I'm glad you got photos, but kinda PO'd how they treated you. Culture differences I guess. They always want the guests to put in more effort than necessary it seems.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• I love that tiny bear!

Thank you so much for the photos! I love fireman Duffy. He has no pants so Tiny Duffy wants the outfit. LOL Toyville Trolley Park looks really classy from your pictures...I wish we were getting something like that instead of Carsland but DCA needed something HUGE. LOVE the cat weathervane!

That's too bad about the way they treated you, but some CMs in the US are that way too.

Regarding the donuts, I know that instills a lot of mixed feelings in you. I'm not sure it would bother me but out here, I just like to see Duffy everywhere. In TDS it's not like they need to make an effort to make him more visible. I don't know if they put donuts elsewhere to sell more product, or if it's just to supply the extreme demand. In fact...is it possible they just put them there for the opening, when everything was going to be really busy? Or are the food areas in Cape Cod ALWAYS busy?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    ...I wish we were getting something like that instead of Carsland but DCA needed something HUGE.

...Or are the food areas in Cape Cod ALWAYS busy?
    Recently Cape Cod is always super-busy, I feel. But I don't go as often as I used to, either. You just might be right about opening day, but I doubt it. Food's not the big deal, even when it's busy. I will keep a lookout when I go for Spring Voyage, though. It didn't really turn my smile upside-down or anything, I just really like how focused Cape Cod is.^^

I wanna say again that the CMs were super polite, just I guess overwhelmed by crowds and inflexible with rules. They were NOT unfriendly, just not the kind of "no big deal, come on" you'd hope for in the US. Seriously, though, they were great just for being willing to let me shop. I think that was actually a BIG act of compassion in their view, and maybe even "rude" or "unfair" to other guests, which is why I hurried as much as I could.^^

Also, I realized while looking at the latest DisneyFAN (and after finally forcing myself to watch that entire horrible movie), that I would have a lot less animosity for "Carsland" if it was called "Radiator Springs." I really just can't stand such an obvious and charmless name.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast