Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Sweet Duffy 2012 starts 1/20!^^

I would assume you're right about the New York donuts not being temporary; just throwing out a possibility (from someone who's never been blessed enough to even visit that gorgeous park!).

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Also, I realized while looking at the latest DisneyFAN (and after finally forcing myself to watch that entire horrible movie), that I would have a lot less animosity for "Carsland" if it was called "Radiator Springs." I really just can't stand such an obvious and charmless name.
    I'm with you there! I don't HATE Cars Land by any means (I just wish they could've justified WALL-E land instead! ) but I think the name is ridiculous. SUPPOSEDLY they were thinking of making a land based around regular cars, or "Carland," until they realized they could make it "Cars Land" after the film. So it could be they just didn't think to change the name and/or didn't think they HAD to change the name.

I actually did like Cars 1 (never saw Cars 2) but I love old towns and stuff. To me, building Radiator Springs (even with a stupid name) has more heart than just trying to make a general "Carland." Though it would've been really neat to see what the Imagineers could've done with it.

(Then again, I still refer to the "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" as "Harry Potter Land." But mostly because it's not a brand new park, just a sub-section of an existing park. And also because it makes me laugh. )

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I agree the name "Carsland" is pretty weak, but the land itself looks like it's going to be awesome. I personally liked both Cars movies (and I'm someone who HATES car racing).

Oh and I too call Wizzarding World "Potterland". It's just easier than having to say "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" all the time.

Hi!

We'll be returning to Tokyo in March, and I had a question that I hope you regulars can answer!

We'll be touching down on White Day, and I *just* realized that that was traditionally the last day for Sweet Duffy... Any chance at ALL that the remaining merchandise will be left out, or do they clear it out quickly?

I already moved our TDS day up a day (from 3/20 to 3/19) just so we could see the last day of the 10th anniversary, which I'm glad I read off the web site...I would have kicked myself if we had missed it by a day!

But I'm not sure we could do 3/14 when we land at 4 PM and have to check in and stuff...

I'm also going to do a post later to see if anybody wants to have a Duffy meet, either at Disney or somewhere else in Tokyo.

The merchandise for Sweet Duffy should be available all day even on that last day. The following day though, it will most likely be pulled from the shelves overnight. TDR is very strict with leftover special event merchandise. Once an event is over, that's it. They don't mark it down on "clearance" or anything.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The merchandise for Sweet Duffy should be available all day even on that last day. The following day though, it will most likely be pulled from the shelves overnight. TDR is very strict with leftover special event merchandise. Once an event is over, that's it. They don't mark it down on "clearance" or anything.
    What do they do with leftover merchandise? Do they just destroy it all?? That is really unfortunate.

I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what they do and I agree it's disappointing.

That's what I was afraid of...I had a feeling they were very strict about their themes.

I just don't think there's any way I can get there...we're usually fall-down tired (literally) after that flight.

Man, I hate missing it by just ONE day. A week or more wouldn't hurt as much as that. I wish I had known when we booked our flight.

At least I should be there for the end of the 10th anniversary. I just like the Sweet Duffy costumes much more...

• You have much to learn...

Hopefully there will be merchandise still available when you get there- Duffy sells very quickly- but there should be some things left. They seem to be carrying more Duffy merchandise than usual & it hasn't been selling out as quickly as it has in the past - but thinking about it being the last few days of an event- there may not be very much left.

I remember bringing up the question of leftover merchandise from events a few years ago & JoeInJpn, who visits the parks frequently, replied that all dated event program merchandise is pulled the day the event ends, supposedly the remaining merchandise is sold to cast members (either at regular or discounted prices- I don't recall which), If there is any remaining merchandise left- it is eventually either given to cast members or destroyed. Now, this was several years ago- things may have changed since then- but normally you wouldn't find any leftover merchandise after an event ends. I still find it very sad that they would have to destroy any merchandise. I still wish they would have an outlet somewhere in Tokyo to sell off some of their merchandise.

But still- the merchandise is extremely popular & they may not have very much to get rid of to begin with.

I have seen some sale sections recently at the parks- but that is usually older park merchandise that they are no longer making & not event or seasonal merchandise.
    Last edited by jedimaster7313; 01-30-2012 at 01:41 PM.

• Become part of MY world!

Not only sad but wasteful. I'd be shocked that a civilization as advanced as Tokyo, Japan would be so environmentally and economically unconscious to throw out merchandise just because it's dated! @_@

Are there discount outlets for Disney merch in Japan like there is here? I know it would go against the whole tradition thing, but just pulling it out and never selling it and just throwing it away while tons of fans want access to said merchandise is kinda unfair and sad. I would really like to know what they do with their merch. I'm genuinely intrigued.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

I've never heard of any Disney outlet stores in Japan. I don't think those kind of shops exist over there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456