Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking I'm a little early, but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Duffeteers!^^

I'm just too excited to wait another ten days! This image has been haunting me for months, and I'm so happy to finally have it finished and ready to share! It's a little big cos the artwork just doesn't look good smaller than this. Besides, it's still smaller than Aimster's!

Our community has grown in size and strength, with so many new people and new ideas about what Duffy means and why he matters (and Shellie, too!^^). I figure we ought to have a little more visibility with all the incredible things coming in 2012!

2011 has been an incredible inaugural year for us, and one that has really seen the emergence of some truly devoted, fantastically creative Duffy fans. I can't wait to see the sewing, painting, drawing, carving, cooking, building, decorating, shotsnapping genius that the Duffeteers have in store for us this year!
    It's gonna be fluffing awesome!

*To add the banner to your own signature, just highlight with your left-click mouse button, right-click and copy, and then go into Settings at the top of your MiceChat page, look for Edit Signature on the left-hand side and paste it in. Takes less than two minutes! I know, cos I tried it myself!

You guys are the BEST! I love Duffy, and I the MiceChat Duffy community.^^

PS: Bit of New Year's trivia for ya...

ShellieMay's heartshell is a REAL thing!

The technical term is corculum cardissa, but its common name is "heart cockle." Yeah, like the old expression when you see something beautiful, nostalgic, inspiring or stirring and say, "Gosh, that really warms the cockles of my heart." There's more to say, for sure, about both the shell and the idiom, but I'll leave that to other folks.

I just wanna chime in with one more WOW at the extraordinary level of research and craftsmanship that has gone into every aspect of Duffy and ShellieMay's creation in Japan. The team is always striving to ground them deeply in the alternative reality of the parks, and merge it with our own so that we can always carry the magic with us. It's little touches like this that make the characters that much richer as we discover these hidden treasures. In fact, one might just say it's this caring attention to detail that warms the cockles of the heart.

PPS: I almost forgot!

This bottle is from an awesome "bottle meme" that went crazy viral on DeviantArt a couple years ago. Click this LINK for more great examples, and make your own!^^ The cake is clip art from the public domain, but getting it transparent was a pretty significant undertaking, I don't mind sayin'.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-30-2011 at 09:56 PM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: I'm a little early, but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Duffeteers!^^

That is a really cute and elegant logo, I love it! It's been so nice to have our own dedicated Duffy board, and you're right, 2012 looks to be a banner year!

• Become part of MY world!

Great Logo! Love it! So many details! Happy Bday all! Oh and Happy New Years too!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yay!

Here's for a "fluffing" awesome 2012 for both TDS and the US parks as they've been hinting at some awesome new costumes coming our way (starting with the retro Mouseketeer costume I've been jonesing for since they announced it)! Here's hoping they finally start getting things right over here!

Yay! Love the new logo! Happy Birthday, Duffeteers and Happy New Year to all too!

I tried a few times to add the new logo as my signature when DuffyD first posted it but it didn't seem to be working. But now I just saw it appear in a new post. Yay!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Red Face Re: I'm a little early, but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Duffeteers!^^

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    I tried a few times to add the new logo as my signature when DuffyD first posted it but it didn't seem to be working. But now I just saw it appear in a new post. Yay!
    That's my bad, Madoka. I was making revisions...

I'm actually still not 100% sure this one isn't better. You guys wanna vote?^^

I like how the "I" supports the "C,"
    but I think the negative space is a little too bold...

• Munchings & Crunchings

Can you shrink the whole thing a little bit? It's gotten a little too large, I think.

• I love that tiny bear!

I would love a smaller version too...my screen is not very big and it takes up almost 3/4 of my screen from top to bottom, so I didn't want to use it in my signature. I love everything else about it! The detail, the shell, the spiral on the candle...

Except that it makes me want some chocolate cake and I don't have any. I suppose that can't be helped, though.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Can you shrink the whole thing a little bit? It's gotten a little too large, I think.
    Done.^^ I can't believe you didn't post anything about Sweet Duffy, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I would love a smaller version too...my screen is not very big and it takes up almost 3/4 of my screen from top to bottom, so I didn't want to use it in my signature. I love everything else about it! The detail, the shell, the spiral on the candle...

Except that it makes me want some chocolate cake and I don't have any. I suppose that can't be helped, though.
    Yeah, I thought it was big, too, but I was afraid of losing detail. It's almost half the size now. If it needs to be even smaller, don't hesitate to say so, guys. It's only good if we enjoy actually using it. I really appreciate the constructive feedback.

• Future Indy Castmember

Almost forgot about the 1 year anniversary of the DStars! Glad to be in a community that loves Duffy!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I love that tiny bear!

I love it now! I don't think much detail was lost, really. Eeee-va and her monitor are pleased.

Yes yes the smaller size is great!

Edit:
    Ugh. I tried to set it again and could only get the large one to appear. So I saved it to my PC then re-uploaded it under the Signature Picture area and now it's rather small... It's ok, I guess i'll have the tiny version! Think of it as the badge version lol.

I love them both! Very cute and romantics.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thank you for shrinking it, it's perfect now! I love the details you put into it. The D'Stars compass on the bottle's cork, the shell, the cake, it's all great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast