Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Difference between TDS Duffy and US Parks Duffy??

I took some photos of some Duffys I saw at Epcot yesterday and was just appalled by how bad most of them looked. Every now and then I'd come across one with a halfway decent face, but in comparison to my Duffy, it didn't look like Duffy at all! I'll post photos later as I'm on my mom's laptop and I'm getting ready to head back home (an hour drive).

But I did see a few parents buying Duffys for their kids yesterday (and taking advantage of the 3 outfits for $30 deal). I told one family who were buying both of their kids Duffys that if the kids want more outfits later to go to Build A Bear as the clothes there fit Duffy and the mom thanked me for the tip. I had lots of people ask where I got his Mickey Ears. I told them they're part of the Mouseketeer costume that came out a month ago, but apparently is sold out.

I did see the Sorcerer costume at Gateway Gifts by Spaceship Earth (only shop I saw them at too). I saw the Jedi Training Academy costume and it was cute, but I didn't get it. The robe was actually nice and velvety soft, but the logo on it was ironed on. I thought it would hopefully be embroidered. Nope. It instantly cheapened the look of it. And the lightsaber doesn't stay lit up when you press the button. It just flashes a series of lights along the blade (like how the sorcerer hat lights up). I didn't care for that either. I'll stick with my BAB version.

Ok so check this out. On the right is my Duffy (obviously). On the left is... well it sure doesn't look like Duffy to me!

• Minion

Yeah, I'm at DL right now and I'm not liking the pointy snoot Duffys. They are not particularly cute and I haven't seen a single person carrying one around. And it's pretty crowded too since it's spring break. I have to say though that as a person who sympathizes with misfits, I do feel bad for the poor little deformed and snooty Duffys. It's not their fault they're ugly, it's Disney's! Heh.

I Bought this Duffy on ebay and the seller said he was from TDS. I just wanna make sure that he truly is from TDS and not just some knock off Duffy. Can anybody please help? Thanks

Name:  -1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  5.0 KBName:  -2.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  130.8 KBName:  -3.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  128.8 KBName:  -4.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  113.0 KB

• Become part of MY world!

Yes, everything matches up.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by DCfan92 View Post
    I Bought this Duffy on ebay and the seller said he was from TDS. I just wanna make sure that he truly is from TDS and not just some knock off Duffy. Can anybody please help? Thanks

Awe! He is just precious! Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Looks like TDS is having their bears made in China again. But your photos look like the real deal, DCfan92. He looks like a cutie. Part of me wants another 17" Duffy (even though I already have 2), but it would have to be from TDS because the ones here are just hideous right now. At Epcot last weekend even my Duffy said, "Who are these interlopers??"

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Every single bear I saw today was made in Vietnam...

PS: Aimster's Duffy has an impressive vocabulary. Mine's like that, too.^^

I just checked the tags on all my Duffys and they're all made in Vietnam, with the exception of my wrist pouch, Duffy magnet, Shellie May magnet, Tippy Blue badge & a keychain, which were all made in China. My earhat says it was made in Thailand. And my cell phone strap my CM friend got me at HKDL doesn't even say, but I did notice a 2nd tag that mentions HKDL.

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's possible the ebay bear was an early Duffy, which were made in China, I think. Anything now is made in Vietnam.

• Adventures with Duffy

I was thinking the same thing Giurgi. Mine are made in China, which I think I got mine in 2009. So maybe the seller has an older one. I wonder if the snout is shorter like mine, DuffyD, did the the shorter snout only come from China? Did China do the longer snouts too?
    Last edited by DuffyGuardian; 04-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Giurgi. Mine are made in China, which I think I got mine in 2009. So maybe the seller has an older one.
    I wonder if the snout is shorter like mine, DuffyD, did the the shorter snout only come from China? Did China do the longer snouts too?

Thanks guys for reassuring me. I dont know how short his snout is supposed to be conpared to the new duffy's.

When I was at WDW a couple weeks ago they still had the "ugly" waffle fur, pointy nose, small ear, lopsided face "Duffys". I keep checking though. The ones right now just do NOT look like Duffy. They look generic and just wrong.

Duffy is unique to other teddy bears by design... mostly his head and ears are so different from other teddy bears you can buy at any toy store at the mall. It makes him stand out. Sometimes I'll run across a "new" Duffy that actually has a halfway decent face and is cute, but most are not.

I did meet a little girl last month who got a Duffy and he was a pretty cute one. She loved my Duffy (and even she noticed mine looked a bit different from hers) and her parents liked how we talked about our bears (plus I gave them the BAB tip for clothes if she wanted outfits for her Duffy).

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    When I was at WDW a couple weeks ago they still had the "ugly" waffle fur, pointy nose, small ear, lopsided face "Duffys". I keep checking though. The ones right now just do NOT look like Duffy. They look generic and just wrong.

Duffy is unique to other teddy bears by design... mostly his head and ears are so different from other teddy bears you can buy at any toy store at the mall. It makes him stand out. Sometimes I'll run across a "new" Duffy that actually has a halfway decent face and is cute, but most are not.

I did meet a little girl last month who got a Duffy and he was a pretty cute one. She loved my Duffy (and even she noticed mine looked a bit different from hers) and her parents liked how we talked about our bears (plus I gave them the BAB tip for clothes if she wanted outfits for her Duffy).
    I hope Disney will change the Duffy's back to how they used to be. I don't know why they look so awful now - It was obvious when I compared mine to the new ones when I visited WDW in March how different they were. I want Duffy to do well in US Parks but I can't see people wanting to pay $30 for a cheaply made bear plus extra for each outfit.

Also, before Disney considers introducing ShellieMay to US Parks, they should provide some backstory of Duffy's Japanese roots. Makes me wonder if Shellie were to come to the states, would she be TDS quality or the new poor quality like the current Duffy's? Too bad some of the Duffy team from TDS can't come here and make some improvements - I know I would be willing to pay more if I felt like the quality was worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

I've seen some of the older cuter looking Duffy's at Downtown Disney but most of them are the newer ones. The ones that don't look as nice as the older ones. Disney should put more quality into Duffy. I was taking pictures of Duffy and Shellie and I heard one guest say that Duffy is a stupid bear and that Disney just made him for marketing purposes, and that got me really mad because i LOVE Duffy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast