Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Difference between TDS Duffy and US Parks Duffy??

I asked a japanese friend recently if the Duffys in Disney SEA were made in china or not, and she told me every Duffy she saw was made in vietnam.

Last summer I bought a Duffy in Disney SEA and then I bought on eBay a US Duffy for Christmas. Comparing the two bears, I can say that, the japanese Duffys face is much more cuter than the US, but I like more the US body, because the Japanese seems to me maybe too skinny. But overall I like more the japanese Duffy, is so lovely! plus is a souvenir from Disney SEA ^__^
    Last edited by SailorDuffy; 07-03-2012 at 11:05 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ Really? I hate the look of the current Duffys sold at the US parks. The ones sold in 2010 and the first part of 2011 were the same as what they still sell in Japan.

The ones now, seriously, they're horrible. I hate the waffle fur (which feels CHEAP in comparison to the TDS bears & bears sold in the US in 2010/early 2011), the faces are too pointy, the eyes are lopsided (one is usually lower than the other), the ears are too small... they don't look like Duffy to me, which is really sad.

I wanted to share some pics so you can compare. US Duffy with the US sailor costume and Tokyo Duffy with the Tokyo sailor costume. I think the Tokyo one is so much better and cuter in so many ways...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDuffy View Post
    I wanted to share some pics so you can compare. US Duffy with the US sailor costume and Tokyo Duffy with the Tokyo sailor costume. I think the Tokyo one is so much better and cuter in so many ways...
    Thing is, the Duffys that came out in the US in the fall of 2010 and the first part of 2011 looked like TDS Duffy. They were probably made int he same factory. At some point last summer or fall, the US parks changed to that horrid waffle fur, off-balance faces and smaller ears. I hate it. I love Duffy's big ears. It makes him different from most other teddy bears. Part of me wants another 17" Duffy (addicted much?) but I refuse to by one of the ugly current US ones. I'll just look for an older one on ebay.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234