• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

People who "don't get" Duffy

Last night on Duffy's official page on Facebook, someone posted the following comment on a photo I posted:

Ok...I just don't get it...Who the heck is Duffy? I see him but, I have no interest in him. What part of Disney is he? Inquiring minds want to know! Besides, I have my hands full with a mouse and have way to many stuffed bears from childhood that are a bit cuter.

Ok you're a "fan" of Duffy's page but you don't know who he is or what he's about and say you have no interest in him? You can't post on the page unless you "like" it so... what gives?

*BOGGLE*

Have any of you here seen stuff like this?

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: People who "don't get" Duffy

Sounds like a troller on there. I see it all the time on Sports teams pages on FB,

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

This person doesn't seem like a "troll", more like someone who doesn't have a freaking clue or is really just that stupid enough to "like" a page even though they have no idea what it's about. I can normally smell a troll a mile away.

• I also like Stitch!

I;m the only person in my family who gets Duffy and he's not really mainstream. Give it a few years and he might catch on.

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

That post seemed far more curious (although negative a bit) than a troll. If you wantinformationn and honesty, go to the people who know. Duffy isn't popular or well known, Duffy doesn't have movie association, it's a fair question.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    This person doesn't seem like a "troll", more like someone who doesn't have a freaking clue or is really just that stupid enough to "like" a page even though they have no idea what it's about. I can normally smell a troll a mile away.
    I am acquainted with the person who posted that & I can tell you that said person is definitely not a troll. Why that person posted that, I don't know because said person is usually up on what's happening Disney-wise. My guess is that because the person does not live near a Disney park, awareness of who Duffy is may be non-existent, and the person might have just hit "like" because Duffy is Disney or because the person saw that friends had "liked" Duffy.

My family and some friends dont really "get" duffy. But they understand I love him and are respectful of that. My husband thinks im crazy for dressing him up. But supports me doing it. Even occasionally asks me if I want to go to build a bear. My mom understands why I love him so much. And I just explain to some friends what he means to me and they understand. So sure some people dont "get" duffy. But for the most part they just keep on their way. However I have seen on some forums the duffy bashers and haters but I just keep my positive thoughts and think about what joy my duffy has brought me!

• I also like Stitch!

Quote Originally Posted by imalwayscrazy View Post
    My family and some friends dont really "get" duffy. But they understand I love him and are respectful of that. My husband thinks im crazy for dressing him up. But supports me doing it. Even occasionally asks me if I want to go to build a bear. My mom understands why I love him so much. And I just explain to some friends what he means to me and they understand. So sure some people dont "get" duffy. But for the most part they just keep on their way. However I have seen on some forums the duffy bashers and haters but I just keep my positive thoughts and think about what joy my duffy has brought me!
    I wish that my family would do at least this. They don't support my love for the bear, with the reason being I'm a boy, so I can't love a bear. It really makes me mad

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

[/QUOTE]

I wish that my family would do at least this. They don't support my love for the bear, with the reason being I'm a boy, so I can't love a bear. It really makes me mad[/QUOTE]

Yes you can! Duffy was made for everyone! Anyone can love duffy!

• ~*Princess*~

A lot of people actually will like a page temporarily to post a question or get information on something. I know I've done it before (though, usually I would just ask the question and not much else).

As for why asking there and not a forum--there's plenty of people who just don't know about it. Not everyone is super internet savvy and most people I know barely understand Google.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I'm fairly big fan of most things Disney, but I don't really get Duffy either. I haven't figured out where Duffy came from, how he became popular or what people love about him. About all I know if that he was Mickey or Minnie's teddy bear, or something like that. At some point, I'll probably figure it out, but doubt that I'll be much of a fan until and unless I have granddaughters, which is a ways off. It's okay for people to not like one thing or another, or to question why people are so into something. Every once in a while, you can take a moment to explain something you love to someone who doesn't get it, and they'll understand from then on, and maybe, they'll even become a fan like you.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

I have several family members who "get" Duffy and have Duffys of their own (my mom, aunt, cousin.... all adults over 30). My dad and boyfriend think we're absolutely insane, but in a good way. It's just a fun and creative outlet to get away from the cold, cruel "real world". At my old job, I'd occasionally bring Duffy & Shellie May to the office and my coworkers all thought they were adorable. When I went to visit a couple weeks ago before starting my new job, a couple even asked how my bears were. That cracked me up. I haven't taken the bears to my new job jet (I've been there less than 2 weeks), but I did take one of my magnet Duffys to sit on my desk... he "hangs out" on my metal pencil/pen cup thingy.