• I love that tiny bear!

Anyone ever dream of Duffy? (warning: weird!)

I had a really weird and convoluted dream last night. I was in what I thought was Tokyo Disneysea or something with a couple friends. We were shopping for Duffy things (well, I assume mostly I was, more than them!) but I hesitated at the prices. There was like a very small markdown bin in the corner of the shop (which looked nothing like DuffyD's pictures...more like the Hello Kitty store in the mall) and it had some (unimpressive) clothes I could only assume were for the medium sized Duffies, some stuff that looked like it had been dragged on the ground a while (someone explained they were rentals (?) that you'd buy and then could return later), and a really cute tiny fishing hat that I think would fit Tiny Duffy. I got him out to test it, and there was also a keychain-sized toy camera that I thought might fit on his head (?!?!) but it didn't.

Then there was something about princesses (long story short, my friends and I were all pulled from the audience as like extras to get dressed up and be in the Beauty and the Beast show! and I was able to take pictures of myself while I was on stage! )

But then later in the show, they had Mickey and Duffy! Except Duffy was all red (they called him Strawberry Duffy). They sang a song about biscuits, but they mentioned they were salty and buttery so I'm assuming they meant American biscuits. And Mickey was miming (?!) having a biscuit in his hand and then Duffy mimed stealing and eating it. Oh, that Duffy.

And then Mickey got a little chocolate bar and they were singing about chocolate...and then Duffy ACTUALLY stole the chocolate and really ate it (wrapper and all) and then licked his lips! Kind of like the Talking Mickey walkabouts they've had at Disneyland sometimes. The crowd went wild with surprise. I thought it was about the cutest thing I'd ever seen, and even though I hate strawberries, I knew I had to buy a Strawberry Duffy plushie of my own. I don't know if he was like a Smiling Duffy or if he had a tongue or if he was just like a regular Duffy but red, but I knew I needed one.

Yeah, that was really weird. Though now that I think about it, if they made a red Duffy, they would almost have to make an actual pink Shellie May, and that wouldn't be the worst idea in the world since she's pink pink in some of the merchandise.

Now that I think about it, it also sounds likely that my dream self was visiting an unauthorized Disney park clone.

Anyone else dream of Duffy?

• Minion

Re: Anyone ever dream of Duffy? (warning: weird!)

I vaguely recall having a dream about being in DL with Lil D and losing him somewhere, but that's it. Thank you for sharing your dream, though. It made my night! Who knew I could rent bear clothes instead of buying them?

Strawberry Duffy miming to a song about salty, buttery biscuits. Now that's entertainment! Are you listening, Disney?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Oh my...

Eeee-va, you need to lay off the LSD before going to bed!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, they did release a red Disney Bear once, for Valentine's Day, so it's...possible, LOL!

I have had dreams that featured Duffy in them, but I can't remember any details anymore. It was a while ago. Yours sounds very vivid. I've had dreams like that, and it's always so weird how they flow from one event to another, and often not related, but it makes total sense when your dreaming it. Then you wake up and thing WTF?

Eeee-va that is TOO FUNNY!!!

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm not sure what I ate to give me that dream, Aimster, but it was kind of fun so I'd like to figure it out!

Gurgi, I thought there might have been a red Disney Bear. Somehow I thought the Strawberry Duffy looked more like a Smiling Duffy, but I guess that may have been wishful thinking.

Glad you all thought it was funny too.